Voters: 43. You may not vote on this poll

Are most of ES350 owners seniors?

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-08, 10:58 AM
codex57
Rominl Stalker

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jgtile
Sounds like you and I like the same stuff...and I am "older"....but I am probably less mature than you!! ha ha!!
Hahaha, I dunno about that. Still, I dunno about girls, but some guys never grow up. I've met some seniors (I mean real seniors at 70+) who've got the maturity range of a 5 yr old. Or maybe they've just stopped worrying about what others think and are enjoying what's left of their life to the fullest. Hard to tell.
Old 03-11-08, 05:38 PM
jgtile
Driver

Originally Posted by codex57
Hahaha, I dunno about that. Still, I dunno about girls, but some guys never grow up. I've met some seniors (I mean real seniors at 70+) who've got the maturity range of a 5 yr old. Or maybe they've just stopped worrying about what others think and are enjoying what's left of their life to the fullest. Hard to tell.
I think you hit the nail on the head that the "real" seniors stop worrying about offending people and just say and do what they want! See you are more mature than you thought!!! Enjoy your Lexus!
Old 03-11-08, 09:01 PM
Q_Lexie
Driver

And Q Lexie, 20!!!! 20!!!! Ok, did you come into a fortune or are you a Silicon Valley Google.com inventor? Must be good living! Seriously, congrats if you can buy a Lexus at 20 (or did you buy it at 19...don't tell me...ha ha).

Actually, I'm just a spoiled kid that relies on my parents' bank accounts.

To tell you the truth, I have several friends who have more expensive cars than mine, and yes, their parents bought those cars for them. One has a TT, one has SLK, one has Lotus. And this guy who lives in a house that has elevators (yeah... elevators) has 6 series... Well, compared to them, I'm not much of a spoiled kid at all.
Old 03-13-08, 11:14 AM
codex57
Rominl Stalker

And before anyone goes jumping on Q_Lexie, it's actually impressive that she'd admit to being spoiled and acknowledge how lucky she is.

I'm from LA. Tons of spoiled kids there. I consider myself to have been a pretty spoiled kid (tho not quite as lucky as Lexie). Unfortunately, too many of them take being spoiled for granted and are unwilling to acknowledge how lucky they are. This is especially true on internet message boards. Most make up elaborate lies to pretend they're all self made millionaires by age 17. Just recently, kid died while pulling some stupid stunts in daddy's BMW M5 out in Florida. He was on an M5 board. Told all sorts of stories to get people to believe he bought the car on his own. I only mention that guy cuz he's recent (so you can search for the story if you want - kid was racing on some air strip where John Travolta lives and blew the car apart on impact) but he's pretty typical.

I like Lexie cuz she's open about how she got her car and how lucky she is. That suggests she knows and is willing to work to continue her lifestyle since the gravy train would end should something happen her parents.
Old 03-13-08, 07:34 PM
jgtile
Driver

Hey, I think every parent that grew up in the 60s, 70s, 80s, or 90s spoiled their kids more and more as each decade progressed. We all want to make it easier for our kids. Hey, so if your spoiled just don't act like it...that's the key right? Being and acting spoiled is where people get into trouble! Enjoy the Lexus!
Old 03-14-08, 01:58 AM
ng123ray
Lead Lap

im in the same boat... parents pay for everything... (well almost...) but i will not be called spoiled.. .my definition of spoiled is taking things for granted... which i do not do... out of all my friends... i can honestly say... im the most stingiest bastard they've every met.... ahaha... X_X
Old 03-14-08, 01:50 PM
codex57
Rominl Stalker

Hey, I think every parent that grew up in the 60s, 70s, 80s, or 90s spoiled their kids more and more as each decade progressed. We all want to make it easier for our kids. Hey, so if your spoiled just don't act like it...that's the key right? Being and acting spoiled is where people get into trouble! Enjoy the Lexus!
Totally. It's just that a lot of spoiled kids do act it. Especially on message boards. With that rep, people seem to jump on those whose parents bought them their cars or things like that. Just wanted to prevent people from jumping the gun. This board is pretty calm, but ya never know.

Lexy's just a fan of her car like the rest of us. Unfortunately, I find her appreciative attitude very refreshing (but rare) cuz too many kids do act like spoiled brats and all sorts of flame wars or lies start.
Old 03-16-08, 08:24 AM
jgtile
Driver

Right on codex! Being spoiled is in how ng123ray says, people act like (taking it for granted). My dad (God rest his soul) always told me to judge people how they treat you not on what others say! Apparantly, we Lexus ES people are OK and we don't take having a Lexus for granted! (Just like the salesman said to me, which I thought was right on...people who buy Lexus don't "need" a car, they "want" a car!)
Old 03-17-08, 12:50 AM
Q_Lexie
Driver

Originally Posted by codex57
And before anyone goes jumping on Q_Lexie, it's actually impressive that she'd admit to being spoiled and acknowledge how lucky she is.

I'm from LA. Tons of spoiled kids there. I consider myself to have been a pretty spoiled kid (tho not quite as lucky as Lexie). Unfortunately, too many of them take being spoiled for granted and are unwilling to acknowledge how lucky they are. This is especially true on internet message boards. Most make up elaborate lies to pretend they're all self made millionaires by age 17. Just recently, kid died while pulling some stupid stunts in daddy's BMW M5 out in Florida. He was on an M5 board. Told all sorts of stories to get people to believe he bought the car on his own. I only mention that guy cuz he's recent (so you can search for the story if you want - kid was racing on some air strip where John Travolta lives and blew the car apart on impact) but he's pretty typical.

I like Lexie cuz she's open about how she got her car and how lucky she is. That suggests she knows and is willing to work to continue her lifestyle since the gravy train would end should something happen her parents.
Hi. Thanks for your nice comments. I guess I'm pretty much of a lousy kid that most people will hate when they get to know me, but if you like me, then thank you!

Actually I have complained to my parents several times because they didn't get me UL package.. Or at least a nav system. But instead they bought all the expensive warranties. Their excuse would be that I didn't ask for it and that I didn't even follow them to the dealer when they were getting the car. Well, that's me acting spoiled. I obviously thought my parents would get me a fully-loaded ES even though I didn't ask them to. I guess I took too many things for granted, while the car itself is already too much for a kid like me.

And the M5 incident sound horrible. It reminds me of one of my friends who thinks the streets are racing tracks.

And, I'm a he! LOL. Did I type something girly in my past posts? Or do I have to make another poll to find out whether most ES350 owners are females?
Old 03-17-08, 12:52 AM
Q_Lexie
Driver

Hey, I think every parent that grew up in the 60s, 70s, 80s, or 90s spoiled their kids more and more as each decade progressed.
"Nothing stops the baby boomers."
Old 03-17-08, 01:08 AM
Q_Lexie
Driver

Originally Posted by ng123ray
im in the same boat... parents pay for everything... (well almost...) but i will not be called spoiled.. .my definition of spoiled is taking things for granted... which i do not do... out of all my friends... i can honestly say... im the most stingiest bastard they've every met.... ahaha... X_X
I guess most kids these days take their parents getting them what they want for granted. Things like CD's, toys, shoes, clothes, tuition fees, etc. It's good times for new born kids.
Old 03-17-08, 10:36 AM
codex57
Rominl Stalker

Originally Posted by Q_Lexie
And, I'm a he! LOL. Did I type something girly in my past posts? Or do I have to make another poll to find out whether most ES350 owners are females?
Hahaha, sorry. I dunno. I just assumed you were a girl cuz of the way you spelled your user name. Writing style didn't clue me in either. Not like it really matters if you were a boy or girl. Sorry about the mix up. Tough to tell on the internet some times.
Old 03-17-08, 03:28 PM
jgtile
Driver

Hey, Q_Lexie...I would change the name then! Not that there is anything wrong with that!! ha ha! Also, you need to watch yourself...if you complained to me that I (if I were your parent) didn't get you the UL...I would have taken it away and given you a 1072 Chevy Vega!! lol
Old 03-17-08, 03:31 PM
jgtile
Driver

Hey Q, I thought of a good change to your name.. Q_Lexor! Sounds more manly (if that is how you want to sound). ha ha!
Old 03-17-08, 04:12 PM
SmokeyES35
Pole Position

ha names looks too much like cutie lexie.. my car's name is actually lexie.. you know cars names being female, anyways, just a heads up

Quick Reply: Are most of ES350 owners seniors?