ES - 5th Gen (2007-2012) Discussion topics related to 2007+ ES350

License Plate Badge

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-08, 08:26 PM
n2cars
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default License Plate Badge

When I picked up my ES, they had already mounted the front license plate with their dealership bracket. After a few months of looking at it, I decided I didn't like it. However, I liked the holes in the bumper less. I compromised as the picture shows. I cut the top of the Dealerships license plate bracket off and only used the bottom. It now looks like a badge rather than a bracket and it does a good job of covering the holes in the bumper without overpowering the front end. I like it. What do you think?
(I hope the picture shows up. I'm not sure how to do this.)
Attached Thumbnails License Plate Badge-park-place-lights-small.jpg  
Old 05-11-08, 08:29 PM
n2cars
Driver School Candidate

One more thing....I used a thick piece a dense foam (an old squeegy) as backing between the bracket and the bumper so it doesn't scratch the paint. It's about 1/4" thick and makes a nice looking offset, although you can't see it in the picture.
Old 05-11-08, 09:16 PM
only1gaz
Driver School Candidate

Nice i like it.... I hate having the front plate as well i think im gonna get it filled in..... N it def does take away from the front end of the car.... Good job....
Old 05-12-08, 05:28 AM
garsarno
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I was thinking of adding "Boardwalk" to my front. Sorry, just struck me funny..... LOL

I would probably just take it off and run with the holes filled in and touched up.
Old 05-12-08, 05:35 AM
AccElan01
Rookie

I agree, take it off. I think it looks really silly. I would also edit your post and take that picture down so you don't end up being too embarassed.
Old 05-12-08, 06:43 AM
garsarno
Lexus Champion

No disrespect - I just sometimes see things that bring out the comedian in me, although, I did think the "Unknown Comic" on the Gong show was hilarious!
Old 05-12-08, 07:31 AM
Lexucan
Lexucanafer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I see absolutely nothing wrong or tacky about that whatsoever. Definitely looks cooler than two holes in the bumper.
Old 05-12-08, 10:07 AM
AccElan01
Rookie

I'm having a rough one at work today so I decided to come back and check out your picture. I feel a lot better now--it's just so funny. It brought tears to my eyes!
Old 05-12-08, 11:31 AM
toneman
Lead Lap

Ah, c'mon...you gotta admire the guy's ingenuity and effort!

But yeah--I'd rather just fill the holes in...or alternately, find a couple of round-head low-profile plastic tab/fasteners (color-matched to the bumper color, of course) and insert them into the holes.
Old 05-12-08, 12:54 PM
AccElan01
Rookie

I admire that he provided humor to my day. I pasted his post into an email and sent it around to friends and coworkers. This thing is really popular! It makes me smile every time I think of it.
Old 05-12-08, 01:09 PM
static
Driver

n2cars looks a lot better than the front of mine, we have front plates here and I also have a EZPass transponder up there, so mine looks like crap.
Old 05-12-08, 02:07 PM
garsarno
Lexus Champion

I could have said "Resorts" or "Ballys" but only east coast owners would get it (hint - Atlantic City).
Old 05-12-08, 02:33 PM
Sash
Lead Lap

AccElan01, I don't even know you but judging by your posts your a complete clown. Do us all a favor and keep the side comments to yourself, we already got the point that you don't like it so lets not make a habit of you coming back to this thread & posting something completely pointless & derogatory.
Old 05-13-08, 05:59 AM
AccElan01
Rookie

Sash, please keep your posts on topic. The topic of this thread is not to condemn the comments and opinions of other users.

I would like to keep my post on topic by saying that I do like the "badge" that n2cars fashioned; I think it is very cute that he thinks it's a more attractive solution than simply filling in the holes and painting them. It is similar to when a child puts a hole in a wall and covers it with a picture. Silly, but adorable.
Old 05-13-08, 06:29 AM
garsarno
Lexus Champion

I agree. If he likes it (and it does look OK), then that's what its all about. Just the name of the dealership got my mind a thinking.......

Quick Reply: License Plate Badge