Buying Friday....

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-08, 07:09 PM
LexPaul
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Buying Friday....

Everyone,

This Friday is the real deal I hope......Plan to make an offer on a Level III 09 ES (premium plus w/Nav+park-assist). I'm going for invoice...Color black/black...got to have this combination.... and I'll probably add a rear lip spoiler...I'm in the ATL area...One dealer said he would give me 1K over invoice on a 09.....not bad...but I believe I can do better...Has anyone purchased a Level III ES at invoice??..I know Lexus' sales are off by some 30% for November...so this should be a great time to nail down a good deal...I'll let everyone know how it goes....
Old 12-24-08, 05:31 AM
MD350
Lexus Test Driver

If your color combo is in stock, you should accept invoice and nothing more. I am sure Lexus has some dealer money or incentives to the dealers during these tough times.

If they have to go find your car from another dealer, you will pay more.

Good luck!
Old 12-24-08, 12:12 PM
wanderer99
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Whatever price you get, it looks like there is another $1000 customer cash available if you use Lexus Financial Services that is valid through the 5th of January. Must use LFS though to get this - check Edumunds.com Incentives for details.
Old 12-24-08, 10:14 PM
LexPaul
Lead Lap

Default Buying Friday...

Thanks for the encouragement MD350 and Wanderer99.... I plan to stick to my game plan. I spoke to guy today at FleetRates.com and he said he could get me invoice for this vehicle....guaranteed...I'm going to check my dealer in ATL first. Not too keen about deals such as these online...I'll keep the group posted....
Old 12-25-08, 09:52 PM
sleepi
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Invoice + tax and license? Or invoice straight out the door if you don't mind me asking?
Old 12-25-08, 10:25 PM
vietdeluxx
Lexus Champion

GL on the purchase.. take some pics afterwards!
Old 12-26-08, 11:12 PM
LexPaul
Lead Lap

Sleepi,
That's Invoice + TTL. That was my target. I'm wrapping up the details. I'll post my OTD price soon. I 'heard' that some folks on Edmonds Lexus Forum was getting 1k under invoice, Dealers in ATL won't go that low.....
Old 12-27-08, 01:14 AM
superchan7
Lead Lap

The two urban centers of California seem to get the best prices, but that's probably because competition is fierce and volumes are high.
Old 12-27-08, 05:56 AM
MD350
Lexus Test Driver

Default Consumer Reports ES350 Rating

deleted...wrong thread
Old 12-27-08, 09:28 PM
WCW54
Driver School Candidate

Default Buying tomorrow

Need advice also. South Florida area, buying tomorrow. 2008 Pebble Beach edition for 38.8 or 2008 Premium for 35.6? Should I shoot for the 09 Premium for 35.6 or is there room too get a lower price on any of the three. Finance terms aside and all OTD?
Old 12-27-08, 11:28 PM
LexPaul
Lead Lap

Default Buying Tomorrow

Originally Posted by WCW54
Need advice also. South Florida area, buying tomorrow. 2008 Pebble Beach edition for 38.8 or 2008 Premium for 35.6? Should I shoot for the 09 Premium for 35.6 or is there room too get a lower price on any of the three. Finance terms aside and all OTD?

While I'm in the ATL area...I think prices in the Southeast are fairly consistent and somewhat close...I nailed down a price on a Level III 09 ES (Nav+Park-Assist) for a selling of price of $37.1K and OTD = $40.2K. I actually drove a 09 Pebble Beach while I was at the dealer for kicks and grins....the only difference is the special badging and silver-plated alloy wheels....

Nav+Park Assist is standard on the Beach editions...so 38.8 for an 08 is not bad....You pay more for special editions.... If you decide on a 08...I would definitely opt for the Premium Plus..that' s IF you don't care about Nav..... If you want Nav you have to get Level III which for an 08 35.6K is on target...and if you don't want Nav you can probably do better than 35.6K for an 08 (maybe $33.6K??) and for a 09 35.6K (no Nav) is on target. 09 with Nav is close to $37-38K....So your prices are good....just take your pick.....Let us know of your experience and what you decide on.....

....on another note...My color combination was hard to get....Obsidian/Black...there were none on the ground in GA...and it just so happened that the dealer (Lexus of South ATL) I dealt with had one coming off port en route...The timing could not have been better for me...b/c this color combination is hard to come by in the Southeast and even harder as you get near the end of the year... on the way soon....
Old 12-29-08, 05:39 PM
WCW54
Driver School Candidate

Default Got it Today

LexPaul, Did the deal today. Got the 2009 Grey Metallic with black leather, premium plus with XM with a nice rear spoiler lip. Negotiated 37.5 (OTD) then turned it into a 48 month lease with 1500 down (that covers first month). Plus a 60,000 service contract included in the finance. The service contract does not incur interest. Payment is 492./month including tax and the service contract. Residual is 17.8 which puts me in at 40,924 if I buy in 4 years cash. Only mistake I realized after the fact is I did not renegotiate the 37.5 considering I will pay the tax on the lease payments and again on the purchase. I had 37.5 OTD so I should have renegotiated the tax out of the deal before they calculated the lease payments. 6 hours of negotiating and signing lulled me into a mindless state of mind!!!!! Anyways I am happy with the whole deal, no bi payments now and no large amount out of pocket. Cost of money in a lease deal right now is dirt cheap even if you plan to buy.
Old 12-30-08, 01:09 PM
sleepi
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by LexPaul

While I'm in the ATL area...I think prices in the Southeast are fairly consistent and somewhat close...I nailed down a price on a Level III 09 ES (Nav+Park-Assist) for a selling of price of $37.1K and OTD = $40.2K. I actually drove a 09 Pebble Beach while I was at the dealer for kicks and grins....the only difference is the special badging and silver-plated alloy wheels....

Nav+Park Assist is standard on the Beach editions...so 38.8 for an 08 is not bad....You pay more for special editions.... If you decide on a 08...I would definitely opt for the Premium Plus..that' s IF you don't care about Nav..... If you want Nav you have to get Level III which for an 08 35.6K is on target...and if you don't want Nav you can probably do better than 35.6K for an 08 (maybe $33.6K??) and for a 09 35.6K (no Nav) is on target. 09 with Nav is close to $37-38K....So your prices are good....just take your pick.....Let us know of your experience and what you decide on.....

....on another note...My color combination was hard to get....Obsidian/Black...there were none on the ground in GA...and it just so happened that the dealer (Lexus of South ATL) I dealt with had one coming off port en route...The timing could not have been better for me...b/c this color combination is hard to come by in the Southeast and even harder as you get near the end of the year... on the way soon....

09 Nav 37-38k OTD? or invoice?
Old 12-30-08, 06:24 PM
LexPaul
Lead Lap

Default Buying....

Originally Posted by WCW54
LexPaul, Did the deal today. Got the 2009 Grey Metallic with black leather, premium plus with XM with a nice rear spoiler lip. Negotiated 37.5 (OTD) then turned it into a 48 month lease with 1500 down (that covers first month). Plus a 60,000 service contract included in the finance. The service contract does not incur interest. Payment is 492./month including tax and the service contract. Residual is 17.8 which puts me in at 40,924 if I buy in 4 years cash. Only mistake I realized after the fact is I did not renegotiate the 37.5 considering I will pay the tax on the lease payments and again on the purchase. I had 37.5 OTD so I should have renegotiated the tax out of the deal before they calculated the lease payments. 6 hours of negotiating and signing lulled me into a mindless state of mind!!!!! Anyways I am happy with the whole deal, no bi payments now and no large amount out of pocket. Cost of money in a lease deal right now is dirt cheap even if you plan to buy.

WCW54...
Man that's a great deal.......I didn't lease...but 37.5 OTD for an 09 is very good...I understand the marathon run in getting it done...at the end of it all....you just want to get it over with....but still not bad....There are great deals to be had out there...and you got one of them...the SMG and black interior is a cool....Enjoy your ES...it's one super ride...second to none....
Old 12-30-08, 06:42 PM
LexPaul
Lead Lap

Default Buying....

Originally Posted by sleepi
09 Nav 37-38k OTD? or invoice?
Sleepi...

$37-38 is definitely near invoice for a Level III (nav+park-assist) ES...OTD was right at $40360.00...Getting invoice in the ATL area is just about impossible...as superchan7 mentioned in bigger markets....where there is more competition and higher volume...one can get much better deals...probably invoice...ATL is not a small market....but certainly not as big as L.A....invoice for a Level III is around $36.6...so IMO I did very well...for a 09. Plus my color combination was no where on the ground in GA....it's in route from a port on the west-coast...Obsidian/black is hard to come by....I don't believe dealers in the Southeast request this color combination often...probably b/c of the heat....I had a relative acceptable range that I would accept for a Level III...$38.3 was just about my max...and beyond that I didn't have much room to negotiate...Find your range...figure in your TTL and stay on target....GL...

Quick Reply: Buying Friday....