ES - 5th Gen (2007-2012) Discussion topics related to 2007+ ES350

ES350 lost all its oil, time for the car to go anyway

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-09, 07:33 PM
RobF350
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ES350 lost all its oil, time for the car to go anyway

last week im heading home on the parkway doing about 70mph or so, LOW OIL light comes on, rather odd I think to myself?

Car has 30250 miles on it, and about 800 to go before its next oil change. I think to myself "can the car be burning oil that it has gotten low?"

I get off my exit and I make a turn and the car sounds like marbles so I pull into a gas station right away , I was only a few blocks from home so I originally was going to go home and investigate. I pull the dipstick to see NO oil on the stick, WOW I think to myself, I look under the car and see oil coming out nice and steady.

I go inside, buy the only 3 qts of oil they had and throw it in the car. Call the next day and Lexus comes and tows it within 10 minutes of me calling them.

First im told it was the oil pan gasket, I laugh this to myself thinking how the F does a oil pan gasket blow right out on a 30k mile car with no other previous leak or anything?

Anyhow turns out it was a oil control valve, the undercarriage was a total mess of oil, back of the car was a total mess of oil, and my driveway is still not happy about all of this.

That monday when the car got towed I headed out to Infinti to check out the new G37xS, anyhow I ended up buying it that day for my wife, surprised her with it on Thursday after they tinted the windows and put the auto start in it.

I will miss the Lexus, it definitly has a softer more comfortable ride then the Infinti, the G37 has more power and is a rear wheel drive car most of the time, then traction control kicks in, it has a seperate SNOW button for a 50-50 split between front and rear.

Lexus has the cooling seats, the G does not, which I will also miss. I had gone into the lexus dealer a few weeks ago but every car looks the same as when I got the ES, and the lease prices were out of hand. I still have the ES350 in my driveway and im still going to give it some love for another few weeks before I get rid of it.

So wish me luck with my G37, and if you see your oil light come on pull right over, dont think its a mistake.

BTW- the dealer told me this was a common problem- so be on the lookout for the oil light, I had no previous leaks or any other sign of a problem.

Last edited by RobF350; 04-12-09 at 07:44 PM.
Old 04-12-09, 09:07 PM
superchan7
Lead Lap

Leased? Time to end the fling.
Old 04-12-09, 09:48 PM
Rollin'ES3
Lexus Test Driver

Sorry to hear about what happened....sad to see a car go like that, and almost with no notice.

Glad to hear you got the G37 though, a friend of mine also has it without the 4wd System, hes in love with it.

Enjoy the G37!
Old 04-12-09, 10:13 PM
hughh
Pole Position

Ed Wallace: Infiniti G-37 Coupe

The zippy and sporty Infiniti G-series coupe has a new number, and a few more changes. What does Ed think of the additions to this popular car? Check out his review!
http://www.myfoxdfw.com/dpp/good_day...niti_G37_Coupe
Old 04-13-09, 05:49 AM
RobF350
Driver

yes its a lease, the car is fine and in my driveway so it did not fail me. Just not what you expect when your coming home from your mother in laws at 9:30 on a sunday evening.

If I was buying one car for the 1st time I would choose the lexus, but thats because I prefer the smoother driving style of the Lexus. The car is for my wife and thats what she wanted this time around so we have to keep her happy, she did not want the same car again and the GS is more then $200 a month then the ES and its just not enough of a different car then the ES, and quite frankly it just does not seem worth the $700+ a month payment.

I never had the transmission issues some early 07's had, I got mine 1st week of June 07, dont know when it was built. But I did have what I thought to be too much wind noise and the car pulling to one side was what really annoyed me- but that would be nit picking.

I dont think the G37 is going to get the fuel economy that the ES got, but I also dont have to give up my Jeep when it snows anymore.

My plan now is that at the end of the year get rid of my Jeep and maybe get myself something a bit more fun, like a Camaro, G8, or a Challenger.
She will have the G37 for the bad weather, and I also have a Ford pick up for when the bad weather.

Im hoping next time around to come back to the ES when the styling is changed, its a great car and one that I will miss.