ES - 5th Gen (2007-2012) Discussion topics related to 2007+ ES350

How I was treated by a Lexus Dealer

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-09, 09:38 AM
CompuMan
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How I was treated by a Lexus Dealer

Too often, I have read posts that complain about the dealer and how they were treated. I wanted to share my experience with Lexus-Parts.com.
I have been having trouble with my Navigation system in my 2008 ES350 (Ultra edition). It sends me to wrong addresses and my dealer has no solution. I decided to try upgrading to a newer version of the DVD. I have 7.1 right now.
I ordered the 8.1 DVD from Lexus-Parts.com, and expected to get the DVD this week.
I just got a call from the dealer and they asked me if I would be willing to wait until Sept 1, 2009.
If so, they would send me version 9.1 at the Same cost. Please note that they called me, I did not call them. (Good customer service)

Here are the specifications of my order:

Thank you for your recent order from Lexus-Parts.com.
Below, please find the details of your order:
55817-LX
Product #:PT219-GEN2345-09, 2008 DVD Navigation System Update Data Ver 09.1
(size: Generation 5),
Quantity:1,
Price:$199.00, Item Total:$199.00
Sub-Total:$199.00
Shipping: $6.82
Tax:$16.42
Total:$222.24
For support or questions, email lexusparts@sewell.com.

Note that the price is $222.24, a much better price that I thought.

B-T-W, this dealer is Sewel Lexus in Dallas.
Old 08-03-09, 11:24 AM
huy33
Lexus Test Driver

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

The Sewell Lexus in Dallas is great. I literally drive by the other Lexus dealership to get to it when I bring my car in for service.
Old 08-03-09, 01:35 PM
tromly
Pole Position

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by huy33
The Sewell Lexus in Dallas is great. I literally drive by the other Lexus dealership to get to it when I bring my car in for service.
To most veteran CL members, Sewell's is in the top ten of dealers. Can't wait to go to Dallas and visit them!
Old 08-03-09, 01:42 PM
03 ES
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ive never had a bad experience with any lexus dealer ive used...

ive even used sewell for alot of online parts orders and ive been more than satisfied with them
Old 08-04-09, 04:25 AM
garsarno
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Metro Lexus - Cleveland, OH. Top rating for customer service / appreciation. Will try to get serviced there while visting my daughter (6 hours away).

Motorworld Lexus - Wilkes Barre, PA. If I can't say anything nice about someone, I will not say anything at all except the service writers make you feel that any warranty work is coming out of their own pocket, from the first transmission replacement to the second transmission replacement to the recent rear brake pad replacement.
Old 08-04-09, 05:42 AM
PaJaHa1
Pole Position

The majority of the dealers are great and the level of service is always good, even if the quality of the work is sometimes poor. The reason there seems to be more negative posts on here is simply because people don't feel the need to rant about a good experience! The bar is set high with Lexus (and rightfully so) and we expect to be satisfied every time.
Old 08-04-09, 07:30 AM
rhudson2
Driver School Candidate

I have taken my car in for wervice three times to Lexus of Tulsa and they were far and away the best dealership I have ever had any dealings with. Prompt, courteous, loaner on the spot, and no questions asked about anything I wanted fixed. Would not have any reservations about using them for anything. If you are in the Tulsa area Lexus of Tulsa is the place to go for sales and service.
Old 08-04-09, 05:12 PM
jgo3031
Driver School Candidate

I've tried 3 different Lexus dealers in the Philly area, all are awful to deal with. They will bend over backwards not to do warranty work (especially Chester Springs Lexus!). The sales staff at CS Lexus look like actors right out of Goodfellas and won't even talk to you unless you look like you have money falling out of your pockets.

All in all, I love the cars, hate the dealerships.
Old 08-05-09, 04:10 AM
garsarno
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

With my local dealership, if you are not a LS460 customer / potential customer, your not worth talking to seriously. Maybe these guys got elevated from the Toyota part of this mega dealership.
Old 08-05-09, 04:26 AM
IXI187IXI
Lexus Fanatic

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by jgo3031
I've tried 3 different Lexus dealers in the Philly area, all are awful to deal with. They will bend over backwards not to do warranty work (especially Chester Springs Lexus!). The sales staff at CS Lexus look like actors right out of Goodfellas and won't even talk to you unless you look like you have money falling out of your pockets.

All in all, I love the cars, hate the dealerships.
really? what other dealers have you been to? I always go to Wilkie Lexus on the Main Line and they are great. I never have a problem with anything. I had my car there for the dash rattle in my GS and my advisor mentioned to me that 2 of my dash speakers were blown so he order 2 more for me at no additional cost. Id highly recommend checking them out.
Old 08-05-09, 05:25 AM
kitlz
No, I don't play soccer!

Received 168 Likes on 142 Posts

Originally Posted by PaJaHa1
The majority of the dealers are great and the level of service is always good, even if the quality of the work is sometimes poor. The reason there seems to be more negative posts on here is simply because people don't feel the need to rant about a good experience! The bar is set high with Lexus (and rightfully so) and we expect to be satisfied every time.
I always fill out the dealer and online surveys to make sure my dealer of 11 years, Lexus of Bridgewater, gets the accolades they deserve. It takes literally two minutes. IMO, if you have a problem with the dealer, take it up with them and give them the opportunity to fix it. Communication is key, both talking and listening. If you bought the car from them, they have a vested interest in keeping you as a customer. Lexus does set the bar higher than other car companies. But if you feel that your dealer does not embrace these values, yes, find another dealer that does. I encourage people to offer their positive experiences. I certainly will.

By the way, I have encountered more than my fair share of dealers that can't be bothered but only one was Lexus.
Old 08-05-09, 09:47 AM
IS350jet
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If anybody has ever read Carl Sewell's book "Customers For Life" you'd have a good understanding of why Sewell has such a great reputation. It's an excellent book.
Old 08-05-09, 04:10 PM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

Received 1,899 Likes on 1,340 Posts

Has anyone here noticed that the OP was having trouble with his navigation unit and the dealer couldn't help him? He's trying to trouble shoot the problem himself with the purchase of a new DVD. IMHO, that is not good customer service. I had V7.1 and it worked fine. I now have V8.1 (BTW, Lexus Corporate gave me this update for free). I think he should be going through Lexus Corporate if he has an issue that the dealer has "no solution" for. He should not paying for and trouble shooting his problem.

Lou
Old 08-05-09, 06:09 PM
jgo3031
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by IXI187IXI
really? what other dealers have you been to? I always go to Wilkie Lexus on the Main Line and they are great. I never have a problem with anything. I had my car there for the dash rattle in my GS and my advisor mentioned to me that 2 of my dash speakers were blown so he order 2 more for me at no additional cost. Id highly recommend checking them out.
Thanks, I did not try Wilkes Barre, but will with future dealer issues. The other 2 were Cherry Hill and Lawrence Lexus - but Chester Springs takes the cake.
Old 08-06-09, 03:48 AM
IXI187IXI
Lexus Fanatic

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts

not wilkes barre, its in havertown on lancaster ave. its called Wilkie Lexus

Quick Reply: How I was treated by a Lexus Dealer