ES - 5th Gen (2007-2012) Discussion topics related to 2007+ ES350

2007 Lexus ES 350 Ultra Luxury Price

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-09, 12:33 PM
lexus!!!!!
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2007 Lexus ES 350 Ultra Luxury Price

PLEASE HELP me with this offer, is it a fair deal? How much should I negociate down?

2007 Lexus ES 350 Ultra Luxury Package with Mark Levison
Dealer price: $25,995, (I managed to get it down to $25,400)
60,000 miles, CPO (3 years or 100,000)
Previous 1-owner, private lease.

Is it a good deal? I know the mileage is really high for a 3 years vehicle, but consider it's a Lexus, I think it should be able to go to 200K miles easily.

How much should I try to get it down? One draw back, this is 1,500 miles from where I live, so I'm looking at at $1,000 delivery charges. Is it worth it? ADVISE?
Old 08-26-09, 01:35 PM
LexBob2
Lexus Champion

Received 139 Likes on 113 Posts

$26,400 with the delivery charge seems high for an '07 with 60k miles. Being a CPO would give you some peace of mind though. Is there a Lexus dealer near you for any warranty work?

In a couple of weeks the 2010 will be out and the '07 will be three model years old, you could use that to your advantage in negotiating a lower price with the dealer.
Old 08-26-09, 02:30 PM
lexus!!!!!
Rookie

Originally Posted by LexBob2
$26,400 with the delivery charge seems high for an '07 with 60k miles. Being a CPO would give you some peace of mind though. Is there a Lexus dealer near you for any warranty work?

In a couple of weeks the 2010 will be out and the '07 will be three model years old, you could use that to your advantage in negotiating a lower price with the dealer.
It's $25,400 not $26,400.

But yeah, I agree with you, 60,000 miles is a lot for a $25,000 vehicle, imagine the wear and tear they've done. I believe the car bought in Aug. 2006 as a lease, so they put in 20,000 miles a year, which is a lot.

The problem is this is the ultra luxury package, which is really hard to find, especially with the color I want (golden almond or starfire pearl exterior).

How low do you think I can ask for? $24K or even $23.5? Any suggestions for the reasons for the lower price?
Old 08-26-09, 02:57 PM
love_lexus
Driver

FYI.
A Lexus sales man told me that Ultra Luxury is limit production, the price of used car should be much higher than a regular one.
Old 08-26-09, 07:44 PM
LexPaul
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

IMO that is a good price. Yes the miles are a little high, but we're talking a Lexus here, factor in the $1000.00 deliver charge and yes $26,400.00 is the number. On the other hand you could buy a one way plane ticket and drive it back. Just a thought. 2010's won't be out until October car may be gone by then.
Old 08-26-09, 09:28 PM
lexus!!!!!
Rookie

Originally Posted by LexPaul
IMO that is a good price. Yes the miles are a little high, but we're talking a Lexus here, factor in the $1000.00 deliver charge and yes $26,400.00 is the number. On the other hand you could buy a one way plane ticket and drive it back. Just a thought. 2010's won't be out until October car may be gone by then.
I think it's a fair price, but not a great price. Consider the average car can last 200K miles (hopefully Lexus can do a lot longer), 60K is almost 1/3 of the car life, and I got it off at around 38% off invoice of $40K. Is this a fair assumption?

Anyway, I'm thinking of flying one-way, which cost about $150, then driving back which cost about $200 in gas plus the 1,500 miles I'm putting in. Worth it?

Is it safe to buy a used car without proper inspection or test driving? I know a lot of people doing it with a brand new car by testing it at their local dealers and buy it somewhere else. But since this is a used CPO by Lexus, can I assume it's safe to do business this way...just like new?

Any help will be appreciated.
Old 08-26-09, 10:59 PM
LexPaul
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by lexus!!!!!
I think it's a fair price, but not a great price. Consider the average car can last 200K miles (hopefully Lexus can do a lot longer), 60K is almost 1/3 of the car life, and I got it off at around 38% off invoice of $40K. Is this a fair assumption?

Anyway, I'm thinking of flying one-way, which cost about $150, then driving back which cost about $200 in gas plus the 1,500 miles I'm putting in. Worth it?

Is it safe to buy a used car without proper inspection or test driving? I know a lot of people doing it with a brand new car by testing it at their local dealers and buy it somewhere else. But since this is a used CPO by Lexus, can I assume it's safe to do business this way...just like new?

Any help will be appreciated.
Yes, it is still a good price. However having 'said' that, think about this. Tell dealer you will offer $23,500. Justify this price because of your time and money to pick up the car. They should be able to work something out for you. Be firm and stand your ground, but let them you know you are prepared to take trip to make the purchase. Here is another thought. Investigate the cost of having a Lexus dealer do a certification if not too expensive, while you are there. It will give you peace of mind as you're driving back home. No, the odometer will only be 61, 500 when you return, not that bad at. Take your time and be gentle on the car. This is a great vehicle and will give you many years of joy!!.....
Old 08-27-09, 02:08 PM
lexus!!!!!
Rookie

Originally Posted by LexPaul
Yes, it is still a good price. However having 'said' that, think about this. Tell dealer you will offer $23,500. Justify this price because of your time and money to pick up the car. They should be able to work something out for you. Be firm and stand your ground, but let them you know you are prepared to take trip to make the purchase. Here is another thought. Investigate the cost of having a Lexus dealer do a certification if not too expensive, while you are there. It will give you peace of mind as you're driving back home. No, the odometer will only be 61, 500 when you return, not that bad at. Take your time and be gentle on the car. This is a great vehicle and will give you many years of joy!!.....
No luck! They wouldn't go down below $25,400. Oh well, I suppose I'll wait until the next one arrives closer to home. The $1000 shipping and not able to test drive certainly ruin this deal.

Btw, when buying CPO from another state, do I have to go back to that particular dealership for a repair (under warranty), or any Lexus dealership is fine?
Old 08-27-09, 02:44 PM
LexBob2
Lexus Champion

Received 139 Likes on 113 Posts

Good luck with your search.

Have you been looking at the CPO's on the Lexus web site? On there, it looks like a lot of '07's available by state, but a UL with your color preferences will take some patience.
Old 08-27-09, 10:18 PM
LexPaul
Lead Lap

No luck! They wouldn't go down below $25,400. Oh well, I suppose I'll wait until the next one arrives closer to home. The $1000 shipping and not able to test drive certainly ruin this deal.

Btw, when buying CPO from another state, do I have to go back to that particular dealership for a repair (under warranty), or any Lexus dealership is fine?
Not at all any Lexus dealer should honor warranty work. Good luck in your search.
Old 08-28-09, 05:42 AM
tkbalt
Driver

We have had 4 ES models - all were 3 yr old off lease certified cars. Most had mileage between 25K and 28K when purchased. Last one was an 01 that we drove for problem 5 free years. When we sold our 01 this spring, we looked at the low miles / off lease 350's and had trouble justifying the price. We drove an LS 430 for the first time and ended up purchasing a certified 03 with 38,000 miles for 20K. I would suggest you take a look at the LS. For the price they are getting for the used 350's - a 430 is in the ballpark and something I would take a look at - especially if you have never driven one. Gas mileage is lower certainly lower (in town), but the 430's are great cars and the ride is second to none. Might be an alternative to consider.
Old 08-28-09, 12:07 PM
lexus!!!!!
Rookie

Originally Posted by tkbalt
We have had 4 ES models - all were 3 yr old off lease certified cars. Most had mileage between 25K and 28K when purchased. Last one was an 01 that we drove for problem 5 free years. When we sold our 01 this spring, we looked at the low miles / off lease 350's and had trouble justifying the price. We drove an LS 430 for the first time and ended up purchasing a certified 03 with 38,000 miles for 20K. I would suggest you take a look at the LS. For the price they are getting for the used 350's - a 430 is in the ballpark and something I would take a look at - especially if you have never driven one. Gas mileage is lower certainly lower (in town), but the 430's are great cars and the ride is second to none. Might be an alternative to consider.
I've never driven an LS before, but I really liked the LS460, too bad it's out of my reach. I think LS430's design is too conservative just like the old ES330, plus it was a last generation Lexus so it doesn't have all the new technologies like start/stop push button, ventilated seats, keyless entry like the ES 350. Also, I really liked the panoramic roof of the ES.

I test drove an 2009 ES 350 ULTRA yesterday (near home they only have new), it has about 1,000 miles on it because it is a test drive vehicle. MSRP is $44.3K, how much should I ask for? The Lexus guy said he was going to give me a $1K off because of the mileage on it. Should I aim for around 38-39K, fair?
Old 08-29-09, 12:36 AM
LexPaul
Lead Lap

I've never driven an LS before, but I really liked the LS460, too bad it's out of my reach. I think LS430's design is too conservative just like the old ES330, plus it was a last generation Lexus so it doesn't have all the new technologies like start/stop push button, ventilated seats, keyless entry like the ES 350. Also, I really liked the panoramic roof of the ES.

I test drove an 2009 ES 350 ULTRA yesterday (near home they only have new), it has about 1,000 miles on it because it is a test drive vehicle. MSRP is $44.3K, how much should I ask for? The Lexus guy said he was going to give me a $1K off because of the mileage on it. Should I aim for around 38-39K, fair?
Are you really 'feeling' this car?...I mean color...and all?. ..$4k off is reasonable IMO, so offer mid $39's and see what happens. You know it's a 'crap shoot' some dealers refuse to budge, so you may have to go elsewhere, but don't go too low, because then they won't take you seriously. Do your homework. I would say invoice on this car is about $38, but some dealers will laugh you out the door if you offer that. Just know what you can afford and offer a reasonable price and go from there...Good Luck...
Old 08-29-09, 11:38 AM
lexus!!!!!
Rookie

Update: The UL that I recently test drove, they offered 3K off MSRP, in which I think I should not even bother to negotiate. The guy sounds like a jerk on the phone. This is like a 41.5K on a 44.5K MSRP vehicle with 1,000 miles on it. I think it's a bad buy? Advise?

On the other hand, the sale manager from the dealership from the previous vehicle that I was interested (see previous post about the CPO with 60,000 miles, asking price $25,500). He said he would go down to $25,000, but it has to be done TODAY, and the shipping is $900. Should I take it or ask for more time? The color on this vehicle is my second choice and I kinda second guess it now. I hate it when they pressuring me to make a decision on the same day. Obviously, the manager wanted the sales to be counted on this month, should I take that as a advantage?
Old 08-30-09, 06:03 PM
MD350
Lexus Test Driver

I used to work for an auto finance company. Don't let the manager push you into anything. Nothing has to be done "today".

Also, NEVER EVER buy a used car sight unseen. Also, NEVER EVER buy a car without test driving it...new or used.

I cannot tell you how many customers would call me (at the bank) after a used car purchase, later to find out the car has issues. There was nothing I could do, as we were the bank. But I would always ask the customer if they checked the car prior to purchase and the answer was always NO.

There are other fish in the sea. There are other ULs out there, I have one myself. (48K miles on my August 06 purchase).

Just my 2 cents...good luck and don't rush.

Quick Reply: 2007 Lexus ES 350 Ultra Luxury Price