ES - 5th Gen (2007-2012) Discussion topics related to 2007+ ES350

2010 ES 350 w/ultra luxury package

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-09, 08:05 AM
purebliss
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Keep in mind the UL has a lower resduial then the regular ES. It lower by 2 percent which really hurts the UL.

If your from NJ with the tax included your lease with 12k a year 36 months and just the bank fee,DMV,DOC upfront your looking at $599 and that would be about 600 over. I would not pay over $599. You can get this car for $600 over easy due to the fact UL lose the 2 percent and don't lease well.

The problem you face is the trades because it's very easy to move numbers around with them.

My suggestion is always never mention the trade until you agree on numbers.

But to give you a ball park the above lease is very..
If you don't mind me asking where you quoted above the 599 with tax?
Old 12-15-09, 09:02 AM
RichardNJ
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by purebliss
Keep in mind the UL has a lower resduial then the regular ES. It lower by 2 percent which really hurts the UL.

If your from NJ with the tax included your lease with 12k a year 36 months and just the bank fee,DMV,DOC upfront your looking at $599 and that would be about 600 over. I would not pay over $599. You can get this car for $600 over easy due to the fact UL lose the 2 percent and don't lease well.

The problem you face is the trades because it's very easy to move numbers around with them.

My suggestion is always never mention the trade until you agree on numbers.

But to give you a ball park the above lease is very..
If you don't mind me asking where you quoted above the 599 with tax?
I understand what you're saying regarding lease I don't lease cars though, took advantage of the 2.9% financing this month. Got $14K for my TL trade in, owed $4 on it. Put an additional $4k cash down. The trade in lowered the taxable amount, so saved there a bit too. Total finance payment 60 mos is $530.
Old 12-15-09, 10:03 AM
purebliss
Lead Lap

It's hard to firgure out with the trade but you did the smart thing buying that car because they don't lease well with UL pkg. I just knew because I actually did the numbers on a NJ lease for UL in Matador Red/Ivory on Sat. Your going to love the car and to me there is no other way to buy this car. The roof you can't even get on the LS. The ML radio is simply amazing. My only complaint is that the switches on the roof for the sun roof and garage door dont light up and at night you cant see them
Old 12-15-09, 10:21 AM
RichardNJ
Rookie

It's hard to firgure out with the trade but you did the smart thing buying that car because they don't lease well with UL pkg. I just knew because I actually did the numbers on a NJ lease for UL in Matador Red/Ivory on Sat. Your going to love the car and to me there is no other way to buy this car. The roof you can't even get on the LS. The ML radio is simply amazing. My only complaint is that the switches on the roof for the sun roof and garage door dont light up and at night you cant see them
Thanks, I really appreciate your honesty and insights. Really looking forward to it, hopefully within the week.

The only complaint I had so far...not even having the vehicle yet...is the lack of storage compartments in the center console. I don't smoke and don't want people that do smoking in my car anyway, so find the ashtray compartment in front of the shifter a complete waste of space. My TL had no ashtray and two small storage compartments with flip doors in the same spot. That was nice and made more sense...especially on a nice luxury vehicle as the ES. Would have been smarter design.

Of course I'm not going to let that deter my purchase decision on it...but really don't like the ashtray there with lack of storage. oh well.
Old 12-15-09, 11:54 AM
purebliss
Lead Lap

If you have any questions you can always PM..
You should have seen the design of the center armrest in 07-09 version.

Just make sure you drive it because it will drive a lot different then your TL
Old 12-15-09, 12:28 PM
RichardNJ
Rookie

If you have any questions you can always PM..
You should have seen the design of the center armrest in 07-09 version.

Just make sure you drive it because it will drive a lot different then your TL
I did drive it and loved it! I'm sure I will miss the great handling of the TL, but ready for a smoother more comfortable ride with a bit more luxury. My wife isn't as impressed as I am with the ES, she does think it's an old persons car and loves the TL I'm getting rid of. But hey, guess she won't drive it much then.
Old 12-15-09, 01:10 PM
purebliss
Lead Lap

I am a young guy and got that old guy stuff from a lot of my friends with this car. I tell you it's so soft and plush you forget about traffic and annoying thins. When I would drive the IS and GS it was sporty but such a rough ride, I had to watch every pot hole. This is just like you driving on air. Well good luck with it. If this car was AWD it would be beyond perfect.
Old 12-15-09, 04:03 PM
JRey350hou
Intermediate

Received 63 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by RichardNJ
I did drive it and loved it! I'm sure I will miss the great handling of the TL, but ready for a smoother more comfortable ride with a bit more luxury. My wife isn't as impressed as I am with the ES, she does think it's an old persons car and loves the TL I'm getting rid of. But hey, guess she won't drive it much then.
do you all mind telling me what do you consider old/young. I just turned 50 and have had 330-04 version since new and will be purchasing 2010 in coming months. just wondering,,....age of people buying the es350 2010. By the way do like most all the changes, of course some with mine being one compared to...changed in '07'.
Old 12-15-09, 05:37 PM
RichardNJ
Rookie

Originally Posted by lex330/04
do you all mind telling me what do you consider old/young. I just turned 50 and have had 330-04 version since new and will be purchasing 2010 in coming months. just wondering,,....age of people buying the es350 2010. By the way do like most all the changes, of course some with mine being one compared to...changed in '07'.
I don't have any notion of what is old. I'll be 40 in couple months. My wife is 35, but we have very different tastes in things besides cars. She likes sportier faster cars, I like more luxury and smooth ride...now that I'm approaching 40 I guess. She wanted me to get the Jaguar XF, so as far as she's concerned the ES is an older persons car...which she always tells me I am anyway.
Old 12-16-09, 04:01 AM
garsarno
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

We chose the ES350 back in late 2006 because of the looks of the car, power, luxury, back seat room size as compared to our '99 Town Car (almost the same), ML sound sytem, Ultra sunroof. We are in our mid 50s but still like to be first away from a traffic light. The other things we learned to like about the car is the gas mileage over the Town Car, ride, quietness. The thing we disliked about the car is the "diesel" noise on cold mornings, soft paint that scratches easy, transmission issues (resolved) and thats about it. I never thought the Ultra had a disadvantage in vaule though. Very surprised as other ES350 owners here always comment that they wished they had ordered the Ultra because of the differences they could see when parked next to ours.
Old 12-22-09, 06:59 PM
RichardNJ
Rookie

Picked up my car today...love it so far! Only disappointment was that we had 2 feet of snow 2 days ago, so drove my spotless sparkling ES off into the slushy salty road. Oh well.

Last edited by RichardNJ; 12-23-09 at 05:25 AM.