ES - 5th Gen (2007-2012) Discussion topics related to 2007+ ES350

Weather Warning Message & Seat Movement?

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-09, 06:48 AM
MikeP
Advanced

Received 26 Likes on 15 Posts
Default Weather Warning Message & Seat Movement?

Thought I'd take the lazy way out and ask you guys before I look through the Owner's Manual.

First: How do I turn the Weather Warning message off? Each day, when I first use my car (2010 ES), the warning message is broadcast even though there is great weather for hundreds of miles around. Will the message stop after the 3 month XM Weather trial?

Second: My steering wheel tilts upward when turning off the engine and back into position when starting, but the seat does not move. I am short, so the seat is pretty far forward. On other cars I have owned, the seat moved back when the steering wheel moved up to make it easier to get out of the car. Is there a setting that controls the auto movement of the seat that I can change through the Nav screen, or is this feature not available on the ES?

Thanks for your help.
Old 12-21-09, 07:16 AM
Dave Mac
Racer

Received 72 Likes on 64 Posts

I don't know about the weather warning because I don't get it - we don't have bad weather in Arizona.

Only the steering wheel moves out of the way in the ES but you can set one of your seat memory positions to where you want the seat to be on entry then when you open the drivers door you have a brief time - maybe 30 seconds - to touch the pargrammed seat memory button and it will move the seat back before you enter the car. If you need the seat further up to drive you could then use the other memory button for that position. You can even link the entry position to your smartkey remote so that when you approach the locked car the seat will position itself before you enter.

Dave Mac
Old 12-21-09, 08:23 AM
MikeP
Advanced

Originally Posted by Dave Mac
I don't know about the weather warning because I don't get it - we don't have bad weather in Arizona.

Only the steering wheel moves out of the way in the ES but you can set one of your seat memory positions to where you want the seat to be on entry then when you open the drivers door you have a brief time - maybe 30 seconds - to touch the pargrammed seat memory button and it will move the seat back before you enter the car. If you need the seat further up to drive you could then use the other memory button for that position. You can even link the entry position to your smartkey remote so that when you approach the locked car the seat will position itself before you enter.

Dave Mac
Thanks for the quick response, Dave. Good suggestion for moving the seat back for entry/exit. I'll give it a try.
Old 12-21-09, 01:48 PM
MikeP
Advanced

I went through the menus on the Nav screen and under "Voice", there is an on/off setting for the Weather Warning message. I switched it to off, so that should solve my problem.
Old 01-07-10, 06:23 PM
YotaCarFan
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The newly refreshed Lexus models get the feature that moves the seat back for easier egress. EX: HS250h, 2010 RX. The ES isn't due for refresh for a year or two.