ES - 5th Gen (2007-2012) Discussion topics related to 2007+ ES350

Opinion on Pending Purchase

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-10, 05:31 PM
JRey350hou
Intermediate

Received 63 Likes on 40 Posts
Default Opinion on Pending Purchase

I have offer on table for 2010 prem plus pkg, Nav,and all accesories except what comes on UL ....Msrp @ 41500.....being offered @ 37,630. I believe this to be a good offer, would like feedback on deal. Vehicle not due on lot for another 2 weeks or so, ready to give commitment on purchase. what does everyone think.?
Old 02-09-10, 04:01 AM
CJS57
Intermediate

Received 47 Likes on 35 Posts

Thats a good price, I say go for it. Look up the dealers invoice cost of your car on Edmunds. You want to be right at invoice or even a little under.
Old 02-09-10, 04:17 AM
beagle77
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would have them modify the pedal assembly first. In my opinion it really detracts from the comfort of driving the car. I would say its a good deal contingent on them doing a good job on the modification, that way you will be sure they do not rush it through a ruin your new car.
Old 02-09-10, 06:44 AM
JRey350hou
Intermediate

Originally Posted by CJS57
Thats a good price, I say go for it. Look up the dealers invoice cost of your car on Edmunds. You want to be right at invoice or even a little under.
CJS57 ---
Yes it's @ what lexus dealers are calling invoice--what they have on paper and show list of vehicles available and dealer inv cost on info., it's about 300.00 more than what Edmunds says so definitely in ball pk, still need to negotiate some sm stuff. Did you purchase 2010 ES ?
Old 02-09-10, 06:52 AM
overclock
Pit Crew

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by beagle77
I would have them modify the pedal assembly first. In my opinion it really detracts from the comfort of driving the car. I would say its a good deal contingent on them doing a good job on the modification, that way you will be sure they do not rush it through a ruin your new car.
It sounds like he is getting a hot off the line ES 350 so the fixes should already be in place.
Old 02-09-10, 07:16 AM
beagle77
Driver School Candidate

Have they fixed the pedal issue on the Lexus as well? I thought the only factory fix was for the Toyota's that had the US made part and they were still modifying the new cars at the dealership.
Old 02-09-10, 07:45 AM
JRey350hou
Intermediate

Originally Posted by overclock
It sounds like he is getting a hot off the line ES 350 so the fixes should already be in place.
will have to ask,,,,,...vehicle still in shipment. did any of you purchase clear shield and if so been pleased with product. veh is dark color so looking at this as option.

Overclock...being your in Tx did you have additional tint put on your's

Thks
Old 02-09-10, 08:31 AM
overclock
Pit Crew

My car had tint on it when I bought it. I would have had the stealership put it on as a negotiation point, which they were willing to do but it already had it. Definitely needed here in TX. Can't wait to try out my cooled seats in the Texas summers. Nobody moves to TX for the weather!
Old 02-09-10, 08:41 AM
JRey350hou
Intermediate

Originally Posted by overclock
My car had tint on it when I bought it. I would have had the stealership put it on as a negotiation point, which they were willing to do but it already had it. Definitely needed here in TX. Can't wait to try out my cooled seats in the Texas summers. Nobody moves to TX for the weather!
I know it comes with a factory tint....which is not much, did they put additional tint once it arrived at dealer and by chance what you know tint # it has. sorry last question what color is your's, thinking about having clr shield done to hood because of dark color to prevent rock chips showing on hood so easily.
Old 02-09-10, 10:17 AM
overclock
Pit Crew

Mine had extra tint on it when I bought it. Sorry, I don't know the number. It isn't pitch black but it nice during the day and no problem at night.

I bought a CPO car. I think they added it when it was on the lot. Definitely makes the car look better with the tint. Or it makes me feel more important.

Mine is Obsidian. Very dark. As for rock chips I have a bunch on my Honda Odyssey minivan. They make the hoods with such a slope now so that when you hit a pedestrian it doesn't kill them just knocks them on your hood. But this front slopiness is more prone to rock chips. I've got a tip for you pedestrians, trying looking both ways BEFORE crossing a street. Anyways, the hood does need some sort of protection. How much is the clear shield? Is it going to look different from the rest of the car when you wash and wax?
Old 02-09-10, 02:06 PM
CJS57
Intermediate

Received 47 Likes on 35 Posts

Lex330, I got my 2010 brand new from Prestige Lexus in NJ. Bill Lamb was my man. Sticker was $37,875 with shipping. I got it for $34,000 even plus TTL of course. Also got a 6 month, 0% Lexus credit card loan of $10,000 towards purchase. That also gives me $500 worth of parts, labor, service or anything I can buy at a Lexus dealer. So I figure my car was $33,500.
Old 02-09-10, 02:32 PM
miniz
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Clearsheild is a good product if it is applied by someone who knows what they are doing. If you get a hack job cheap a$$ to do it, then it will look terrible. Any reputable shop should offer a lifetime warranty on the product. Do not purchase if they don't offer the warranty. This product (or any front film product), will normally last somewhere between 4-8 years and normally need to be redone. You need that warranty, otherwise you will be out another $700-1000 to do the front end. On an ES, you want the entire front bumper, front part of the hood, front side the each wheel fender, headlights, mirror caps and the top part of the rear bumper (below the trunk lid).
Old 02-09-10, 02:50 PM
hughh
Pole Position

Lex - I am in Arlington and just got a car like yours this past Saturday. Only thing I didn't get was the Ultra Luxury package. I can't believe how nice the 2010 is compared to the 2009 that I drove each time I took the GS 350 for service.

The MSRP on my car is $ 41,050. I had previously negotiated a $2,500 discount. I was able to get them to come down another $500. I was told that the cars on the way now are priced higher due to an increase in price.

No, I did not get additional tint. Never did like the looks of tint, but that's personal. Most people like it. Also, I have extreme difficulty seeing at night.

I think you'll love your car. Inside it now feels like a Lexus should feel, also the smooth Lexus like car ride and it's so hushed on the highway at high speeds...BTW, you will get the Premium Audio system, not the top of the line, but is has been improved, it now sounds great, much better than the radio in the 07 GS 350 I just turned in. You will also get the improved navigation with a higher definition screen. This also shows the parking assist which beeps as you get close to objects and combined with the rear camera, there is now no excuse to run over someone while backing up at congested parking lots (:

I chose Matador Red. That's the same color as the GS 350 I had. It hardly shows dirt and looks pretty sharp. I never add anything to my cars, I like them just the way the designers and engineers got them out on the boat. In three years from now, the lease will be over and I'll be ready for another something or other.
Where in TX are you located?

Last edited by hughh; 02-09-10 at 03:02 PM.
Old 02-09-10, 03:34 PM
JRey350hou
Intermediate

Originally Posted by miniz
Clearsheild is a good product if it is applied by someone who knows what they are doing. If you get a hack job cheap a$$ to do it, then it will look terrible. Any reputable shop should offer a lifetime warranty on the product. Do not purchase if they don't offer the warranty. This product (or any front film product), will normally last somewhere between 4-8 years and normally need to be redone. You need that warranty, otherwise you will be out another $700-1000 to do the front end. On an ES, you want the entire front bumper, front part of the hood, front side the each wheel fender, headlights, mirror caps and the top part of the rear bumper (below the trunk lid).
I'm looking to just do the hood& side mirrors come with job.That seems to be the problem on these dk colored Lexus. I've had black es330 - 04 model since new and hood has white rock chips on hood.

I will ck with them on warranty....vehicle is in shipment be at dealer end of feb or 1st of March.
Old 02-09-10, 03:42 PM
JRey350hou
Intermediate

Originally Posted by hughh
Lex - I am in Arlington and just got a car like yours this past Saturday. Only thing I didn't get was the Ultra Luxury package. I can't believe how nice the 2010 is compared to the 2009 that I drove each time I took the GS 350 for service.

The MSRP on my car is $ 41,050. I had previously negotiated a $2,500 discount. I was able to get them to come down another $500. I was told that the cars on the way now are priced higher due to an increase in price.

No, I did not get additional tint. Never did like the looks of tint, but that's personal. Most people like it. Also, I have extreme difficulty seeing at night.

I think you'll love your car. Inside it now feels like a Lexus should feel, also the smooth Lexus like car ride and it's so hushed on the highway at high speeds...BTW, you will get the Premium Audio system, not the top of the line, but is has been improved, it now sounds great, much better than the radio in the 07 GS 350 I just turned in. You will also get the improved navigation with a higher definition screen. This also shows the parking assist which beeps as you get close to objects and combined with the rear camera, there is now no excuse to run over someone while backing up at congested parking lots (:

I chose Matador Red. That's the same color as the GS 350 I had. It hardly shows dirt and looks pretty sharp. I never add anything to my cars, I like them just the way the designers and engineers got them out on the boat. In three years from now, the lease will be over and I'll be ready for another something or other.
Where in TX are you located?
Yes there has been about 350.00 increase on msrp within last 30 days which starting to see as vehicles come to lot. My msrp is 41,500 has everything prem plus can have.....so basically loaded except UL--mark levison pkg. You cant find UL cars down this way in Southern region is the problem. I'm excited that it appears the stereo has improved somewhat from you all's opinion...hope so that what was making me want mark levison upgrade.

I'm in Cypress...suburb of Houston. Actually looking to purchase veh up your way....Sewell Lexus...doing all over email & ph...so far so good. Will let everyone know soon.

Quick Reply: Opinion on Pending Purchase