Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2007 Used Prices

Does anyone have a current Manheim report for 2007 ES350? Thanks
Old 02-18-10, 09:14 PM
lexus!!!!!
Rookie

Yeah, does anyone have the report?

Speaking of pricing, I have a related question, hope you don't mind I'm posting it here.

2007 ES 350 Ultra Luxury, 70,000 miles non certified, price at $22,000. Tires about 50% left, clean carfax, good service record. Is that a good deal? How much do you think I can go lower?
Old 02-19-10, 05:01 AM
monty9
Driver School Candidate

How about a 2007 non NAV 33k miles new tires for 23k.
Old 02-19-10, 06:10 PM
MD350
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by lexus!!!!!
Yeah, does anyone have the report?

Speaking of pricing, I have a related question, hope you don't mind I'm posting it here.

2007 ES 350 Ultra Luxury, 70,000 miles non certified, price at $22,000. Tires about 50% left, clean carfax, good service record. Is that a good deal? How much do you think I can go lower?
I own an 07 UL with 56K miles. I just fell out of my chair. The damn thing better be worth more than $22K. Seems like you have a great deal, but that is very high miles for an 07.
Old 02-19-10, 06:12 PM
MD350
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by monty9
How about a 2007 non NAV 33k miles new tires for 23k.
I think that car was running at the auction for about $18K (wholesale). New tires, and if it is certified, not bad. Maybe you could get down to $21K?
Old 02-20-10, 09:20 AM
lexus!!!!!
Rookie

Originally Posted by MD350
I own an 07 UL with 56K miles. I just fell out of my chair. The damn thing better be worth more than $22K. Seems like you have a great deal, but that is very high miles for an 07.
Mind if I ask if you got in brand new? If so, how much it was for? KBB's residual value after a 3-year lease is 53%, but of course, this vehicle is anything but average 12-15K miles per year. I'm thinking $22K is a bit high given the mileage it has.

How is your UL driving? Still as good as day one? Seeing any problems?
Old 02-20-10, 12:42 PM
TCNOLEX
Driver School Candidate

For some perspective, I bought my '07 ES 350 (with Nav, but not Ultra Lux) at 48,000 mi for $22,900 from a reputable Toyota dealership in MD about three months ago. I thought it was a great deal.
Old 02-20-10, 05:40 PM
MD350
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by lexus!!!!!
Mind if I ask if you got in brand new? If so, how much it was for? KBB's residual value after a 3-year lease is 53%, but of course, this vehicle is anything but average 12-15K miles per year. I'm thinking $22K is a bit high given the mileage it has.

How is your UL driving? Still as good as day one? Seeing any problems?
I bought mine in August of 2006 when these things were HOT. I paid $41K for my UL. About $3,500 off sticker. The car has been just average. It is running fine now, but has been in the shop many times.

Now, for the UPDATE!!! I actually went to a Lexus dealer, an Acura dealer, and Carmax today and had my car appraised at all 3 places.

Carmax $19K
Acura and Lexus $20K

Funny how at Carmax, they had my exact same car on their lot, same color, same year, same interior color, but 54K miles instead of my 56K miles and they are asking $27,998 for it. I asked the guy why there is such a difference. He said it is because of the recent Toyota news, they are not moving Toyota/Lexus units. Customers are buying Hondas. Basically, he told me he doesn't want the car.

Oh, and the Lexus dealer...he scolded me for not having the recall done yet...LOL

My plans are to dump this car and get into an Acura MDX.

Bottom line, I guess I will need to sell the thing myself.

Last edited by MD350; 02-20-10 at 05:48 PM.
Old 02-21-10, 04:56 PM
lexus!!!!!
Rookie

WAIT A MINUTE...is there a typo? You said Carmax estimated for $19K and the dealership had it listed for $27,988??? (And this is because they want to get rid of it)???

What kind of problem(s) did you have on your vehicle? Major or minor?

Thanks

Carmax $19K
Acura and Lexus $20K

Funny how at Carmax, they had my exact same car on their lot, same color, same year, same interior color, but 54K miles instead of my 56K miles and they are asking $27,998 for it. I asked the guy why there is such a difference. He said it is because of the recent Toyota news, they are not moving Toyota/Lexus units. Customers are buying Hondas. Basically, he told me he doesn't want the car.

Oh, and the Lexus dealer...he scolded me for not having the recall done yet...LOL
Old 02-21-10, 06:41 PM
LexBob2
Lexus Champion

Received 139 Likes on 113 Posts

My take on it was Car Max had one on the lot they were asking $27,998 for, no doubt based on what they paid for it. Probably before all of the Toyota recall news.

They offered MD350 $19K on his car due to the fact that Toyota/Lexus vehicles aren't selling very well right now.

I could be wrong so maybe MD will weigh in on it.
Old 02-21-10, 07:12 PM
lexus!!!!!
Rookie

Originally Posted by LexBob2
My take on it was Car Max had one on the lot they were asking $27,998 for, no doubt based on what they paid for it. Probably before all of the Toyota recall news.

They offered MD350 $19K on his car due to the fact that Toyota/Lexus vehicles aren't selling very well right now.

@ LexBob2, you could be right. But I'm smelling BS from Carmax if this was true. How could a vehicle go down 1/3 in value just because of a recall? ES 350 was mentioned in the recall, but never officially recalled or as big of a recall Camry or other Toyota models. Plus a 3-year old ES with almost 60K should worth $28K anyway.
Old 02-22-10, 08:18 AM
Vadimom
Driver School Candidate

All of February I was shopping for basic 2007 ES 350 (no nav, no nothing - plain basic setup). I was checking AutoTrader, Cars.com and ebay daily withing 1000 miles from Florida. Also monitored local craigslist. The prices were as follows:

Best price for base ES 350 (no nav, no extras) with clean CarFax from an individual or an independent dealership was between $22k and $24k (30k-50k miles). There were few in good condition but accidents on CarFax, with Nav, between 20k-22k.

Best price for certified version of base ES350 (no nav) was 24k in Atlanta area and a couple of dealerships on the east coast of FL

Best price for loaded version (nav, with or w/o ML and/or pano roof) was from one independent broker in Atlanta area, they sell them between 22k-24k, some were still under manufacturers warranty. There are couple of places in Houston TX and near Cleveland OH that sell loaded ES 350s on ebay for around 22-24k

Local dealerships want 25k-27k for basic or 27k-30k for base+nav

Finally I bought mine last week from another local dealership who had sticker price 25.9k for base+nav, posted on ebay for 24.9k and I ended up getting it for $23.5 - certified, 3 years/60k bumper to bumper from the day I bought it.

hope this helps!

PS: All prices are for 2007 ES 350, less than 50k miles in excellent cosmetic and mechanical condition.
Old 02-22-10, 01:58 PM
MD350
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by LexBob2

LexBob, you are correct. Carmax said they are appraising at 80% on Toyota/Lexus. They said Hondas and Hyundais are hot and no one is looking at Toyota now. They are burried in the car for $28K. Basically, they did not want my car.
Old 02-22-10, 02:31 PM
JRey350hou
Intermediate

Received 63 Likes on 40 Posts

LexBob, you are correct. Carmax said they are appraising at 80% on Toyota/Lexus. They said Hondas and Hyundais are hot and no one is looking at Toyota now. They are burried in the car for $28K. Basically, they did not want my car.
From what I understand they are RETAILING a vehicle very similiar to your's @ 28k for sale. If they were to purchase yours@ 20k they would put it back on the market for min of 26-29k and negotiate with whoever from there. They are a for PROFIT CO,. ...that is why the best scenario for monetaryVALUE is to sale to individual so there is no resale involved ; of course this isnt always the easiest of the options. Either Kelly Blue Bk or any other source will give you value based on 3 criteria of sale....wholesale, trade-in, individal-retail.

Maybe I'm off base from what is being discussed but I beleive there is a good portion of the difference rather than them low-balling...in short they cant give you 26k for car,then maintenance, sm repairs and what have you, then put it back on lot for 28k or worse than that wholesale it out to used car dealer etc...there would be no profit in htese scenarios. Either way MD in reading your threads over last several months I know you are a very frustrated Lexus owner so I hope you are succesful in moving on from this veh and purchasing another one of whichever Make with better results.

Good Luck !
Old 02-22-10, 03:51 PM
MD350
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by lex330/04
From what I understand they are RETAILING a vehicle very similiar to your's @ 28k for sale. If they were to purchase yours@ 20k they would put it back on the market for min of 26-29k and negotiate with whoever from there. They are a for PROFIT CO,. ...that is why the best scenario for monetaryVALUE is to sale to individual so there is no resale involved ; of course this isnt always the easiest of the options. Either Kelly Blue Bk or any other source will give you value based on 3 criteria of sale....wholesale, trade-in, individal-retail.

Maybe I'm off base from what is being discussed but I beleive there is a good portion of the difference rather than them low-balling...in short they cant give you 26k for car,then maintenance, sm repairs and what have you, then put it back on lot for 28k or worse than that wholesale it out to used car dealer etc...there would be no profit in htese scenarios. Either way MD in reading your threads over last several months I know you are a very frustrated Lexus owner so I hope you are succesful in moving on from this veh and purchasing another one of whichever Make with better results.

Good Luck !
Well, they admitted that the one for $28K has been on their lot for a while and was bought prior to the Toyota news. No one is interested.

All I am asking is $23K, $24K, maybe $25K for it. I guess I will need to sell it myself. However, with the burning smell from the oil hose breaking, it will be very difficult to do. I am in a very tough situation.

Quick Reply: 2007 Used Prices