ES - 5th Gen (2007-2012) Discussion topics related to 2007+ ES350

Unsafe vehicle?

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-10, 09:44 AM
IS350jet
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by NeverAgain
I'm certain that the electronic throttle controls will eventually be proven the culprit
Wrong again, my friend. It's already been proven again and again over years of investigations that the electronics are not the problem. I see what's happening, here. You're one of those people that are going to find a run-a-way Lexus in your future. Why? Because you're "stuck" with a car you don't want. You said it yourself. You no longer want the car, Lexus won't take it back, now you're going to make Lexus pay by having a run-a-way Lexus in your future. It's inevitable. You are part of the reason Toyota is trouble today. Taking advantage of a situation because you feel you're "stuck" with a car you don't want. Believe what you want to believe. Most people here can see right through you.
Oh wait, do you even own a Lexus, Mr post No. 2?
Old 03-10-10, 10:05 AM
NeverAgain
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Overclock: thanks for links. especially useful when/if I can research to buy a different car. (wish I had done this before I signed lease. live and learn.)

anyway, thanks to folks for helpful comments.
Old 03-10-10, 10:08 AM
rhudson2
Driver School Candidate

You've only had the car 2 months and you think the salesman should have warned you of the safety issues ! Where have you been, the news of the "posessed self accelerating cars" has been in the news for months. You should have been better informed. I thinks i smell a rat or maybe someone wanting to profit on this situation.
Old 03-10-10, 10:15 AM
jerfitz
Pole Position

NeverAgain,

It seems that over the last couple of weeks more and more evidence is showing up that there is a problem with the ECU being the cause of unintended acceleration.

Therefore, go to your dealer and get your ECU reprogrammed. You will feel safer if you do!

Go see this post...
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/5257673-post25.html

JerryF
Old 03-10-10, 10:26 AM
JRey350hou
Intermediate

Received 63 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by NeverAgain
Overclock: thanks for links. especially useful when/if I can research to buy a different car. (wish I had done this before I signed lease. live and learn.)

anyway, thanks to folks for helpful comments.
neveragain....if you purchased 2010 you should'nt be worried because all concerns were addressed @ plant in Japan.....you leased a very nice car because it was nice veh compared to others you looked at I'm sure. You cant possibly tell me in the last few weeks all the sudden you have such a difference of opinion on Lexus...beleive its more to the fact they didnt budge on giving your way....which they shouldnt or everyone who panics or lost thei job week later wants refund. As they it's business....really please take a deep breath and realize you have a great vehicle.....there are recalls all the time on veh accross the board just not making the big splash Toyota is having to take right now. The more you complain the more you are bringing or trying to bring value of our Cars....take a nap..wake up fresh...good luck !!
btw..im p/u new es350-2010 on monday...cant wait.
Old 03-10-10, 10:36 AM
overclock
Pit Crew

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by lex330/04
neveragain....if you purchased 2010 you should'nt be worried because all concerns were addressed @ plant in Japan.....you leased a very nice car because it was nice veh compared to others you looked at I'm sure. You cant possibly tell me in the last few weeks all the sudden you have such a difference of opinion on Lexus...beleive its more to the fact they didnt budge on giving your way....which they shouldnt or everyone who panics or lost thei job week later wants refund. As they it's business....really please take a deep breath and realize you have a great vehicle.....there are recalls all the time on veh accross the board just not making the big splash Toyota is having to take right now. The more you complain the more you are bringing or trying to bring value of our Cars....take a nap..wake up fresh...good luck !!
Why wait until Monday. NeverAgain has one available for immediate delivery.

You're going to have to change your screen name to lex350/10.
Old 03-10-10, 11:43 AM
jimmy2x
Rookie

I've had my 2010 about a month now. Actually the pedal mod, ECU reprogramming, and stupid plastic tie-down of the floor-mat was done by the dealership. Certainly no problems so far and I've known how to shift into neutral since I was 17.
Old 03-10-10, 12:10 PM
purebliss
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by overclock
Since you're stuck and don't want to drive it can I have it? You keep paying the lease and I'll put my life at risk for you. I don't drive many miles to work so I'll be way below the mileage limit at turn in.

I'm just giving you a hard time. I'm in a cranky mood due to a letter I'm having to write for work.

There have been three complaints made to the NHTSA on the 2010 ES 350.
http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/complai...intVersion=YES

Here are the complaints for the 2007, which I own.
http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/complai...intVersion=YES

184 complaints out of 121577 made is .15% complaint rate.

To do a search on another car go here:
http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/complaints/index.cfm

Since you're "stuck" with your car just enjoy it. Have a plan if you ever experience SUA. Put the car in N, hold down the start button for 3 seconds, etc.

Such a joke look at the first car in 2010 Lexus ES350 complaint that vin isnt even for an ES lol..Plus look at how many miles he has for a 2010.

These people are nuts and I know it's harsh but it's def the media and driver error.

Hey notice there are no IS complaints even though it has the same recall. It has to do with typical driver of the ES. I will leave it at that. In the industry it is known the ES customer is the hardest to please.
Old 03-10-10, 01:12 PM
JRey350hou
Intermediate

Originally Posted by jimmy2x
I've had my 2010 about a month now. Actually the pedal mod, ECU reprogramming, and stupid plastic tie-down of the floor-mat was done by the dealership. Certainly no problems so far and I've known how to shift into neutral since I was 17.
My vehicle just came in last week....I asked over the ph and said everything was taken care of back @ Manuf ...will ask again to reassure thks for the info. and great to hear your's is working well.
Old 03-10-10, 01:20 PM
JRey350hou
Intermediate

Originally Posted by overclock
Why wait until Monday. NeverAgain has one available for immediate delivery.

You're going to have to change your screen name to lex350/10.
Overclock
NEVERagain car is already VOODOO'D...not touching it..he put the spell on it.
serious business was thinking of how to chg screen name is it simple...heck sold es330/04 -- 3 weeks ago now its No car or wife's car--SUV--Toyota Suquoia --- hmmm maybe Never buy it from me.
ok Never Man leave you alone...but to all others I'm sure will few questions next week after bringing car home....tried to learn as much here as I could...keep it up Gents.
Old 03-10-10, 01:36 PM
lex
Lexus Test Driver

Overclock
NEVERagain car is already VOODOO'D...not touching it..he put the spell on it.
yup

The Secret. Law of attraction. What you say will come eventually.

Last edited by lex; 03-11-10 at 01:22 AM.
Old 03-10-10, 01:54 PM
MD350
Lexus Test Driver

Keep your mats pinned down, as you should, and you will be fine. The Lexus cars are not affected by the Toyota CTO pedal recall.
Old 03-10-10, 01:59 PM
JRey350hou
Intermediate

Originally Posted by MD350
Keep your mats pinned down, as you should, and you will be fine. The Lexus cars are not affected by the Toyota CTO pedal recall.
MD350...I'm confused I thought all you that have the 07 yr model are having to take it in for mats and computer reprogram...maybe I'm confusing some thgs.
Old 03-10-10, 02:32 PM
CJS57
Intermediate

Received 47 Likes on 35 Posts

I am really glad now that I studied auto mechanics and became a pretty good wrench over the years. Thing is, having worked on so many cars and seen so much that can go wrong, I don't worry one even one little bit over this hyped up so-called acceleration problem! I do feel sorry for the un-mechanical and un-electrical people out there! They must feel like they are living in a world of voodoo and black magic, powerless, alone and afraid. It's a very fine and very safe car! Sure glad I got mine.
Old 03-10-10, 02:45 PM
JRey350hou
Intermediate

CJ--Well said. again just covering my bases did anything have to be done to your 2010 @ dealer mechanical or otherwise before delivery..p/u mine on 3/15.

Quick Reply: Unsafe vehicle?