ES - 5th Gen (2007-2012) Discussion topics related to 2007+ ES350

Say it isn't so

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-10, 07:49 PM
MD350
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Say it isn't so

Yes, I did it. I traded the Lexus on a new 2010 Acura TL SH-AWD today. Silver on black again. Really thought long and hard on this one, even had a couple of sleepless nights trying to decide what to do. I did loose some luxury options by buying the TL, but gained some nice, sporty options too. At 57K miles, it was the right time for it to go and I got a decent trade for it while it can still be certified.

I won't be a stranger.
Old 03-17-10, 07:58 PM
LexBob2
Lexus Champion

Received 139 Likes on 113 Posts

Originally Posted by MD350
Yes, I did it. I traded the Lexus on a new 2010 Acura TL SH-AWD today. Silver on black again. Really thought long and hard on this one, even had a couple of sleepless nights trying to decide what to do. I did loose some luxury options by buying the TL, but gained some nice, sporty options too. At 57K miles, it was the right time for it to go and I got a decent trade for it while it can still be certified.

I won't be a stranger.
MD350, congratulations on the new car, It sounds nice. Enjoy the new ride and keep us posted.
Old 03-17-10, 08:15 PM
pestleman0
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MD350

I won't be a stranger.
Congratulations! You've definitely had a time with your car lately.
Old 03-17-10, 08:33 PM
LexPaul
Lead Lap

MD350

Congrats on your purchase of the TL, at the end of the day you have go with what you really want.... Both are great cars....Keep us posted on your observations...
Old 03-18-10, 03:54 AM
garsarno
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Good move. With AWD, you'll be set for the winter. Did you also get standard remote start and satellite radio?
Old 03-18-10, 04:03 AM
tromly
Pole Position

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Congrats, I know it was an agonizing decision, Acuras are great cars, just not a LEXUS !
Old 03-18-10, 04:37 AM
CJS57
Intermediate

Received 47 Likes on 35 Posts

Good Luck they are a nice driving car! I would be driving one because I could get it in a 6-speed manual which I wanted. Also the handling is much better than an ES. But...... I couldn't take the constant tire and road noise. Very annoying to me. Anyway enjoy!
Old 03-18-10, 05:24 AM
Joeb427
Lexus Fanatic

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Congrats!
A real love or hate looking car with a much better NAV,sound system and handling.
AWD is always nice to have too.
Enjoy!
Old 03-18-10, 06:17 AM
overclock
Pit Crew

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by CJS57
Good Luck they are a nice driving car! I would be driving one because I could get it in a 6-speed manual which I wanted. Also the handling is much better than an ES. But...... I couldn't take the constant tire and road noise. Very annoying to me. Anyway enjoy!
The new Consumer Reports issue with all of the car reviews says road noise is a problem across the Acura/Honda lines. My Honda Odyssey is so loud I can barely drive it. Ok, maybe not but it is definitely louder.

Enjoy the new ride. After what you've gone thru with your Lexus you deserve a nice one.
Old 03-18-10, 07:30 AM
MD350
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by garsarno
Good move. With AWD, you'll be set for the winter. Did you also get standard remote start and satellite radio?
Remote start is not standard, but push button is (like the ES). XM with traffic/weather is standard. I have a garage, so I would not use remote start often.

Yes, I do feel and hear the road more. We still have my wife's Highlander to haul the family and for trips...which rides like a Lexus (its a Limited).

Yes, the looks are love/hate. The silver blends the large nose/grill pretty well. It does grow on you, and I actually had some people looking at it sitting in traffic this morning on my way to work.

Also, it is really a 4 seater. the middle hump in the rear seat is not adult friendly, but does have a seat belt.

Thank you all for well wishes.
Old 03-18-10, 09:51 AM
Macklin
Advanced

Well, well...congrats I guess.

Hey, life is too short to agonize over a car. Enjoy your new ride!

Bet you won't be enjoyin' superior fuel economy quite like you used to though.
Old 03-18-10, 10:29 AM
Dave Mac
Racer

Received 72 Likes on 64 Posts

MD350 - Congratulations. You have always been an asset to this forum and I hope we continue to here from you.

Dave Mac
Old 03-18-10, 11:34 AM
MD350
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Macklin
Well, well...congrats I guess.

Hey, life is too short to agonize over a car. Enjoy your new ride!

Bet you won't be enjoyin' superior fuel economy quite like you used to though.
Yes, 17 city and 25 highway on the sticker. But, I figured the interest rate was 1.9% vs 2.9% from Lexus...so it is a break even.
Old 03-18-10, 01:50 PM
Blueshark
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I was also this close to buy a new 2009 TL last year with all the options: nav, sattle leather seats, tech package, but it lack something inside like wood pieces or something that throw me to Lexus. The car handles corners like crazy with the smart AWD.
Old 03-18-10, 02:12 PM
MD350
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Blueshark
I was also this close to buy a new 2009 TL last year with all the options: nav, sattle leather seats, tech package, but it lack something inside like wood pieces or something that throw me to Lexus. The car handles corners like crazy with the smart AWD.
I agree, I did loose some really nice luxury features...but gained some sporty ones. I will miss those features.

Quick Reply: Say it isn't so