ES - 5th Gen (2007-2012) Discussion topics related to 2007+ ES350

Couldn't pass up the deal

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-10, 04:36 PM
jagtoes
Racer

Received 56 Likes on 52 Posts
Default Couldn't pass up the deal

Well I closed on the 2010 ES350 yesterday and will pick it up tomorrow. The pinstripping had been done today. I believe I got a good deal. I got the new color , Cerulean Blue Metallic with all of the options except the panaramic roof and aldrine(sp) leather. So they took my 2008 with 18K miles and I pay $12K. The 2010 listed out at $43 . This should be it for at least another 5 years. Enjoy the drive.
Old 03-18-10, 05:49 PM
LexBob2
Lexus Champion

Received 139 Likes on 113 Posts

Congratulations on the new car. I like the new blue color. What color is the interior?

Did you cross shop any other cars before getting another ES?
Old 03-18-10, 06:05 PM
MD350
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Congrats! Were you able to get ML sound without the UL package? In the Mid Atlantic, you can't get the cars packaged that way. You must get the UL to get ML.
Old 03-19-10, 04:52 AM
jagtoes
Racer

This package , no UL

Option Packages ES 350
Navigation System/Mark Levinson® Package $4,065 [27]
HDD Navigation System [5] including voice command, color LCD display with integrated backup camera [19] and Enhanced Bluetooth® technology [9]
XM NavTraffic® [5] [7], XM NavWeather™ [5] [7], XM® Sports and Stocks [5] [7]. Subscription required. 90-day trial subscription included
Lexus Enform™ [16] [20] offers Destination Assist and eDestination. Subscription required. One-year trial subscription included
Mark Levinson® 14-speaker, 300-watt @ less than 0.1% THD 20-20,000 Hz [21] Premium Surround Sound Audio System [22] with 7.1 architecture and in-dash, single-feed, six-disc DVD/CD auto-changer
Old 03-19-10, 04:57 AM
jagtoes
Racer

Originally Posted by LexBob2
Congratulations on the new car. I like the new blue color. What color is the interior?

Did you cross shop any other cars before getting another ES?
Parchment with brown walnut. Also got the walnut extrx trim kit.
Old 03-19-10, 05:47 AM
purebliss
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Are you sure its not an UL?

That is a very odd car if it's from North East with just the ML broken out. I work for a Lexus dealership and never seen that before without the UL PKG.
Could be an ordered car the buyer backed out?

Another odd thing is that color is very rare.

Well congrats! That def a good find with the ML broken out.

However the UL is only 44k and it would give you tons more like the nicer wheels, softer leather, roof, sunshade why wouldn't you want that for a little more. I would call you dealer and bluff, tell him another dealer will give you the UL same price. I bet they would because the trade can always off set it. Might have to give up the color though.
Old 03-19-10, 06:18 AM
RichardNJ
Rookie

Originally Posted by purebliss

That is a very odd car if it's from North East with just the ML broken out. I work for a Lexus dealership and never seen that before without the UL PKG.

However the UL is only 44k and it would give you tons more like the nicer wheels, softer leather, roof, sunshade why wouldn't you want that for a little more. I would call you dealer and bluff, tell him another dealer will give you the UL same price. I bet they would because the trade can always off set it. Might have to give up the color though.
Yes, would certainly be worth going for the UL. I got mine in December with everything, UL, ML parking assist, etc. Sticker was just over $44, they came down to $40 and had to find and get the car for me. Only took 2 weeks though. They took my TL trade which gave me $12K down and I put $3K out of pocket to make even $15K and my finance payment is about $540.
Worth going for it all if can get a deal.
Old 03-19-10, 06:24 AM
jagtoes
Racer

Originally Posted by purebliss

Options as my above. This was a show room car so I don't have the ordering history. Coud have been a special order but I don't know. Yes, the color was great looking and very different. It is rare at this time but after people see it I would think there will be more. In fact it is so rare that they can't find the body side molding and need to order it from Japan. Looks great. I get it in 2 hours.
Old 03-19-10, 06:39 AM
MD350
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by RichardNJ
Yes, would certainly be worth going for the UL. I got mine in December with everything, UL, ML parking assist, etc. Sticker was just over $44, they came down to $40 and had to find and get the car for me. Only took 2 weeks though. They took my TL trade which gave me $12K down and I put $3K out of pocket to make even $15K and my finance payment is about $540.
Worth going for it all if can get a deal.
When I was shopping last week, I was quoted $39,900 for a UL minus $1500 loyalty cash. $38,400 plus TT&L. Problem was the colors stock were not my taste. Sounds like you got a great deal.
Old 03-19-10, 06:41 AM
MD350
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by jagtoes
Options as my above. This was a show room car so I don't have the ordering history. Coud have been a special order but I don't know. Yes, the color was great looking and very different. It is rare at this time but after people see it I would think there will be more. In fact it is so rare that they can't find the body side molding and need to order it from Japan. Looks great. I get it in 2 hours.
Yes, very rare car. Did you ask your dealer about the loyalty cash? It is in limited supply per dealer. Not open to everyone, not advertised.
Old 03-19-10, 06:44 AM
jagtoes
Racer

Yep I got the $1000 loyalty cash too.
Old 03-19-10, 06:44 AM
Joeb427
Lexus Fanatic

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Congrats!
Nice!
Must have been a special order that fell through somehow.
Enjoy!
Old 03-19-10, 03:04 PM
jagtoes
Racer

Originally Posted by Joeb427
Congrats!
Nice!
Must have been a special order that fell through somehow.
Enjoy!
You may be right. I also got the laminated window sticker and it looks like it came to a dealer in NJ . I bought it from a dealer in NY so some kind of trade went on. I'll ask the sales guy. The car ran great when I bought it home , as expected. Seems a little quieter but maybe because it is new. The color is great . The biggest improvement I see so far is the Nav. system. Improved screen and the voice system is super compared to the 2008. It even understands you without speaking Japanesse. Also the "on-call" system allows you to call and have them down load directions while you are driving. You can also upload directions from your labtop for directions. I believe there is more but I need to review it. Great deal
Old 03-19-10, 06:42 PM
MD350
Lexus Test Driver

Yep, that is called a "DX" in dealer lingo. (dealer exchange). Ask your sales guy if it was a DX, he will probably look at you funny since you are talking the lingo. I used to work for an auto finance company, so I know the drill. Some dealer will use the DX letters in the stock number, some won't. But, looking at the window sticker, as you did, is a 100% answer as to who the original selling dealer was.

Enjoy the car! I have heard many great things about the 2010, and the improvements that have been made to quality.
Old 03-21-10, 05:03 AM
EJC
Instructor

Received 87 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by jagtoes
May have been a swap with another dealer from another area to fill an order

Quick Reply: Couldn't pass up the deal