2010 ES350 - owners, opinion needed

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-10, 09:00 PM
miltonlin
Driver

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default 2010 ES350 - owners, opinion needed

Hi everyone:

My current ES is over 10 years old! Going strong, but feeling old. I test drove the new ES350 and impressed with advancements. So my question for currrent owners with the 2010 or similar.

1) Is there a way to disable that idiot ECO light that comes on to let you know that you're getting good feul economy.
2) What's concensus on the stock stereo sound - like it, hate it?
3) What do you dislike most about your 2010?

Thank you.
Old 03-23-10, 09:30 PM
sears1234
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by miltonlin
Hi everyone:

2) What's concensus on the stock stereo sound - like it, hate it?
3) What do you dislike most about your 2010?

Thank you.
I don't know ES stock stereo sound, but I listened 2010 GS stock one few weeks ago, I think it's very impressive, if you are not a hard rock fan, it should be ok, but Mark Leveinson is still unbeatible.

Mine is 07 ES model, I don't like to press "ok" on touch screen after start every time.
Old 03-23-10, 09:47 PM
Dave Mac
Racer

Received 72 Likes on 64 Posts

I think you will like a 2010 ES.

Yes, you can disable the ECO light although I don't remember how at the moment. I do remember doing it within the first couple of miles so it didn't even require reading the manual. It was probably done right through the display switch.

The stereo depends a lot on you. I'm satisfied but I think many feel the stock system is lacking.

My biggest complaint in addition to some pretty significant blind spots is probably the carpet and mats. Just like the 2007-09 models they get dirty easily and are hard to clean. Lexus solution was to provide a much darker mat which I guess help but it seems they could have done something better.

All in all - a great car.

Dave Mac
Old 03-24-10, 03:49 AM
CJS57
Intermediate

Received 47 Likes on 35 Posts

Base stereo is fine. But not impressive either. ML required Nav for me and I didn't want it. Worst feature for me is a very slight time lag before kickdown to a lower gear when I floor it, they all do it, I drove several. Oh, the rain sensing wipers don't work worth a hoot in a misting or light rain condition. And lastly the low beam headlights have a sharp cut off and are adjusted way to low, I would rather have "non hid". These aren't deal breakers. Nice car and I am very picky.
Old 03-24-10, 05:03 AM
jimmy2x
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you cycle thru the display, you get to one where is says something like "ECO display on" - just hold the display button on the steering wheel down, and the stupid green light goes away.

The stock stereo is not as good as the JBL I had in my 4Runner, but OK. If you get one with the NAV, Ipod control is integrated and works very well.

Frankly, there is nothing I don't love about this car.

Last edited by jimmy2x; 03-24-10 at 10:24 AM.
Old 03-24-10, 09:42 AM
JRey350hou
Intermediate

Received 63 Likes on 40 Posts

I just p/u 2010 es350 on 15th of this month and absolutely love the vehicle. The changes are very impressive. I drove es330--2004 for 6yrs and the cars are nothing similar imo...very impressed with pick up speed from stop position ( increased hp) my 330 was less than impressive from that point. I love the Nav system with lexus Enform...plan on cont with enform subcription once first yr runs out. Bluetooth very clear from what other end of call is commenting. One small piece that I added that I think gives car even more masculine look ( sorry ladies ) is I had lip spoiler put on...have had great comments on it just kinda finishes car off nicer in the back. I could go on but you get my opinion and I drove Infinity, BMW, ETC...very happy with decision.
Good luck & let us know how you come out!
Old 03-24-10, 11:26 AM
RichardNJ
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have an UL with ML sound and feel it's superb quality. I love the vehicle but have a couple complaints that come to mind for me. One is a can't understand why they didn't at the very least give an option for wider tires on the car. Everyone asks me why the tires are so narrow. Just doesn't look right. Other thing is the rain sensing wipers are a joke. Have to constantly play with setting and turn on and off. I had an Acura TL before and they were excellent on there. I would have preferred just intermittent wipers over these.
Old 03-24-10, 12:25 PM
pagemaster
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by miltonlin
1) Is there a way to disable that idiot ECO light that comes on to let you know that you're getting good feul economy.
Why would you want to do this? I think it is a great feature to have
Old 03-24-10, 01:01 PM
jimmy2x
Rookie

I did it because I found it annoying. It does not take a genius to figure out that when you are quickly accelerating, you are not being "eco friendly". But, to each his own.
Old 03-24-10, 07:34 PM
Bigebosw
Driver School Candidate

Yes, there is a way to disable the ECO light. However, it doesn't bother me so I haven't looked into it any further.

I have never been an audiophile and always just listened to NPR or talk radio. However, listening to XM with the sound system in the ES 350 has changed my listening habits in a short time.

I really enjoy everything about the ES 350 and have no complaints.
Old 03-25-10, 12:13 AM
macpro
Driver School Candidate

Default Love it

My wife and I both purchased 2010 ES350's

What we both really love:

Ride (quiet, comfortable)
Build quality (fit, noise level)
Quality of material used
Very clean interior. More specially, not hundreds of buttons, ***** (yes, I'm exaggerating, but hopefully, you get the point).

Suggested Improvements:

Have less Navigation items non-accessable once moving. I'm a huge believer in safety first, but some choices do not make sense.

ML Stereo is rare, making to hard to find UL packages. Would like to have seen more builds with ML Stereo.
Old 03-25-10, 05:23 AM
Joeb427
Lexus Fanatic

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by pagemaster
Why would you want to do this? I think it is a great feature to have
page,I did away with it the first day I had the car.I found it distracting and annoying.

As far as my opinion on the 2010 goes...

Pros
Very nice ride and quiet.
Excellent fit and finish
Excellent Bluetooth system
Nice 2010 model refresh which I feel did a lot for the car.Made me buy one.

Cons
Stock radio is just ok.
Like many other manufacturers,the NAV shouldn't have the lockout.
The ES350 should have the headlights with automatic high beam feature like the Toyota Venza.
Old 03-25-10, 09:42 AM
outbid81
Driver School Candidate

Let's say the nav didn't have a lock-out...and you got into an accident while using it...which one of you would be the first to chastise Lexus for making this available? Do you also think it is a good idea to text while driving? I know everyone thinks that they are a safe driver, but they are called "accidents" for a reason. To the earlier post about the HIDs having a cutoff line, they are federally regulated to be this way.
Old 03-25-10, 11:14 AM
Joeb427
Lexus Fanatic

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by outbid81
Let's say the nav didn't have a lock-out...and you got into an accident while using it...which one of you would be the first to chastise Lexus for making this available? Do you also think it is a good idea to text while driving? I know everyone thinks that they are a safe driver, but they are called "accidents" for a reason. To the earlier post about the HIDs having a cutoff line, they are federally regulated to be this way.
Actually,I wouldn't chastise Toyota.Acura,Ford,BMW,Honda etc don't have a NAV lock.
Doing inputs with a Garmin unit is much worse than a OEM unit yet you can buy one anywhere.How many lawsuits are out there against Garmin?
Why not have it where your passenger can do inputs?
Same electrical connection as the passenger seatbelt alarm allowing passenger input.

Last edited by Joeb427; 03-25-10 at 11:25 AM.
Old 03-25-10, 11:26 AM
Fontaine
Driver School Candidate

Too bad there isn't a way for the front seat passenger to control the Nav while the car is moving. Like pressing a button only accessible on the right side of the car...

Quick Reply: 2010 ES350 - owners, opinion needed