ES - 5th Gen (2007-2012) Discussion topics related to 2007+ ES350

Wheel Spacers?

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-10, 01:02 PM
Gunter1
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wheel Spacers?

I just ordered a 2010 ES, and am thinking it would look better with some 15 or 20mm spacers to bring the wheels a little further out. I lover the looks of the car, but feel it looks under tired. I was thinking some high quality wheel spacers might be the cheapest and easiest way to help fill out the wheel wells a little bit. Anbody using any? Pictures?
Old 04-13-10, 04:26 PM
eyezack87
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Should be fine to use them. People run spacers all the time. I'm considering 10mm in the front and 15mm in the rear of my Camry to push the 3GS wheels flush. It looks even better with a drop btw
Old 04-15-10, 11:45 AM
VegasIS300
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had 15mm spacers in the front and 25mm spacers in the rears, and it made it look so much better and it handled better too!
Old 07-20-11, 02:26 PM
bsebastian
Driver School Candidate

Default Lug bolts on the ES350

I'm thinking of going with the same 15/25 spacers as well. This would likely be the first of a multi-phase wheel/tire/suspension upgrade with the next improvements being the Eibach pro-kit drop spring and 18" rims (19" looks better but the tires are damn expensive to keep having to replace every couple of years).

Are these spacers safe? Did you have to do any alterations to make them work? Any additional wear and tear on the car/tires? Noticable handling improvement? I found some on Ebay but not sure if the brand is any good. Any suggestions on where to buy them from? These particular ones come with 12mm bolts with open lug bolts which look like crap. Do you know what size the stock bolts are and whether they can be reused with a 12mm spacer lug? Could you please post a pic with side and front/rear profile pics with the spacers in place?

Thanks a lot and sorry for all the questions.
Old 07-20-11, 02:45 PM
flipp4
Rookie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by bsebastian
I'm thinking of going with the same 15/25 spacers as well. This would likely be the first of a multi-phase wheel/tire/suspension upgrade with the next improvements being the Eibach pro-kit drop spring and 18" rims (19" looks better but the tires are damn expensive to keep having to replace every couple of years).

Are these spacers safe? Did you have to do any alterations to make them work? Any additional wear and tear on the car/tires? Noticable handling improvement? I found some on Ebay but not sure if the brand is any good. Any suggestions on where to buy them from? These particular ones come with 12mm bolts with open lug bolts which look like crap. Do you know what size the stock bolts are and whether they can be reused with a 12mm spacer lug? Could you please post a pic with side and front/rear profile pics with the spacers in place?

Thanks a lot and sorry for all the questions.
Yeah 19" tires are stupid expensive, I was gonna put 19"s on mine till I found out good tires are 300-350 a-piece. Have you looked into getting 20"s I got them on my es350 with 225/35's and its lowered on tein springs for a camry, rides a little stiffer but handles way better
Old 07-20-11, 02:48 PM
flipp4
Rookie

I'm not a big fan of wheel spacers, I know that 10-15mm doesnt sound likie a lot but it def puts unwanted extra stress on your wheel bearings, maybe look into getting rims with a different offset?
Old 07-21-11, 06:28 PM
bsebastian
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by flipp4
I'm not a big fan of wheel spacers, I know that 10-15mm doesnt sound likie a lot but it def puts unwanted extra stress on your wheel bearings, maybe look into getting rims with a different offset?
Good point on the wheel bearings, I didnt think about that. I had to replace them on my previous car but that was only after I put 100k miles on it. I figured there was a reason why I didnt see many folks on this forum with them.

I just bought my 2007 UL with 12k miles on it about a month ago. Like a new girlfriend, its infactuation at first but after a few weeks you start noticing things that you didnt notice at first. In the case of my car, the thing that is annoying me the most is how far in the rear wheels sit from the fender. The fronts are actually pretty close to flush with the fender so unless I want the front sticking out (which I don't) I would have to go with a staggered set of wheels if I want both front and rear wheels to be flush with the body.

The stock UL graphite rims, while a little small at 17x7, do look pretty good on this car so I was going to leave them on for now with a spacer in the rear. It's too bad Lexus didnt make these as 18x8 otherwise they would have been perfect.
Old 07-21-11, 08:26 PM
flipp4
Rookie

I'm not sure what your budget is like, or your personal prefrence is but you should look into geting 20"s. if you go with 225/35 r20's it will put all your wheels flush with the fender wells

I was originaly gonna get 19's but the damn things are even more than 20"s
Old 07-22-11, 07:27 PM
bsebastian
Driver School Candidate

Looks good flipp4. What widths are those wheels? Same in front and rear or staggered? What are the offsets? Did you lower with springs? If so, which type? Thanks
Old 07-23-11, 07:19 AM
flipp4
Rookie

they are 20x8 all around, I got the car lowered on tein's for a camry
Old 07-25-11, 01:15 PM
bsebastian
Driver School Candidate

OK, after doing some more research on potential damage to the wheel hubs, I decided to go ahead and order the H&R 25mm DRM spacers made for Camry SE (model #5065601) for the rear wheels just leave the fronts alone. I may just keep the factory graphite rims for now so this will be a good compliment for them. I can always take them off if I get larger rims with a larger offset down the road.

I'll post before and after profile pics when I get them on. Will also put on the Eibach springs in a couple of months and take another pic.

Last edited by bsebastian; 07-25-11 at 01:20 PM.
Old 08-01-11, 03:11 PM
bsebastian
Driver School Candidate

OK, after doing some more research on potential damage to the wheel hubs, I decided to go ahead and order the H&R 25mm DRM spacers made for Camry SE (model #5065601) for the rear wheels just leave the fronts alone. I may just keep the factory graphite rims for now so this will be a good compliment for them. I can always take them off if I get larger rims with a larger offset down the road.

I'll post before and after profile pics when I get them on. Will also put on the Eibach springs in a couple of months and take another pic.
Just installed the spacers, it's got a more aggressive stance but still looks somewhat stock... similar to an IS in my opinion. Can't say that I notice any difference in handling. Springs are coming next.

Rear view before spacer:
Wheel Spacers?-rear-view-without-spacers.jpg

Rear view after spacer
Wheel Spacers?-rear-view-with-spacers.jpg

Three quarter view with spacer
Wheel Spacers?-front-view-with-spacers.jpg

Top view with spacer
Wheel Spacers?-top-view-with-spacers.jpg
The following users liked this post:
Pazuzu138 (03-29-21)
Old 08-02-11, 09:45 AM
safford197
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just installed the spacers, it's got a more aggressive stance but still looks somewhat stock...
Where did you order them from? I would love to get a set after seeing your b4 and after pics... Good job!
Old 08-02-11, 10:06 AM
bsebastian
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by safford197
Where did you order them from? I would love to get a set after seeing your b4 and after pics... Good job!
I ordered them from Kuruma Motoring in CA... http://store.kurumamotoring.com. Also, here is a link to H&R's Trak+ site where you can learn more about the product....... http://www.trakplus.com. Installation took no time at all (15 minutes per wheel). Have to re-torque the nuts after the first 60 miles.

Now if I could get some input on what all needs to be done on the suspension in addition to the lowering springs I'll be set. I.e. shocks, struts, camber bolts?
Old 08-02-11, 05:29 PM
safford197
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for the link, I checked it out, seems to list every lexus except the ES models, how'd you know it would work? Also a bit pricey, I'd prefer to get new wheels with the right offset.

For suspension, I don't know anything except that I've read a few people have used the D2 kit, they sell it on e-bay....
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/D2-RA...ht_1414wt_1182

Quick Reply: Wheel Spacers?