ES - 5th Gen (2007-2012) Discussion topics related to 2007+ ES350

ES in Black Sapphire

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-10, 05:27 AM
JRey350hou
Intermediate

Received 63 Likes on 40 Posts

So I assume you purch 2010 and wondering did you purch from orig dealer you were neg with or did you go to another source to make it happen..good luck...sure you will be happy with results.
Old 06-26-10, 06:00 AM
HondaDrive
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by JRey350hou
So I assume you purch 2010 and wondering did you purch from orig dealer you were neg with or did you go to another source to make it happen..good luck...sure you will be happy with results.
Yes, I purchased the 2010 and from the same dealer. They actually found the same car closer to their dealership and in my home state. The negotiations were easy and probably a little too easy. I think that all these guys want to get the cars off the lot by month end. They backed off any transport charge and pretty much let me decide the price, which is fine with me. It is a great car and I can't believe how fast it goes. It is so quiet that you do not realize how fast you are going. I am a little bit of a complainer sometimes so I will voice a couple of minor issues. The leather is a little too soft in the back seat. I put a couple of car seats in the back and the seat already has a couple of indentations. Also, I would prefer a trunk with an automatic close feature like the one on my Highlander. Apparently, the GS and LS has that that feature but I do not want to spend 50,000 to 70,000 on a car.

Overall, I love it and so happy I went with the Black Sapphire.
Old 06-26-10, 06:23 AM
JRey350hou
Intermediate

Received 63 Likes on 40 Posts

good to hear process went well....Congrats !
Old 06-26-10, 07:18 AM
HondaDrive
Rookie

Originally Posted by JRey350hou
good to hear process went well....Congrats !
Thank you!
Old 06-26-10, 09:21 AM
LexBob2
Lexus Champion

Received 139 Likes on 113 Posts

HondaDrive, congrats on the new car. It sounds nice.

I agree the drivetrain on the ES350 is very smooth and responsive. MPG's aren't bad either.
Old 06-26-10, 04:17 PM
dotbowels
Pit Crew

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by HondaDrive
Yes, I purchased the 2010 and from the same dealer. They actually found the same car closer to their dealership and in my home state. The negotiations were easy and probably a little too easy. I think that all these guys want to get the cars off the lot by month end. They backed off any transport charge and pretty much let me decide the price, which is fine with me. It is a great car and I can't believe how fast it goes. It is so quiet that you do not realize how fast you are going. I am a little bit of a complainer sometimes so I will voice a couple of minor issues. The leather is a little too soft in the back seat. I put a couple of car seats in the back and the seat already has a couple of indentations. Also, I would prefer a trunk with an automatic close feature like the one on my Highlander. Apparently, the GS and LS has that that feature but I do not want to spend 50,000 to 70,000 on a car.

Which options did you get and did you get it at invoice like you hoped you would? Enjoy your ride !
Old 06-26-10, 04:26 PM
b8tzm
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by HondaDrive

HondaDrive
Driver School Candidate
Trader Score: (0)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So I guess that Miniz's advice is to buy a color that I do not like. That makes no sense to me. I would much rather have an imperfect Black Sapphire than a perfect car in a lighter color. As a parent of young kids, I am accustomed to imperfections around the house and on my clothes. I think the following analogy will reinforce my point. Let's take two pair of pants; one in which I love the look and fits great but has a slight imperfection on the back of one of the legs and another pair of pants that look brand new but I really do not like very much. Which would I choose? I would choose the pair of pants with the imperfection without hesitation. My car does not have to be look perfect all the time.

Sounds like now that you bought it you've changed Beautiful car don't let the little things get to you and you'll live longer.
Old 06-26-10, 06:56 PM
HondaDrive
Rookie

Originally Posted by dotbowels
Which options did you get and did you get it at invoice like you hoped you would? Enjoy your ride !
I did not get any extra options. I took the car as it was built. It comes with several minor things such as cargo mat, high intensity lights, wood wheel, full spare tire, etc. I paid a little less than invoice.
Old 06-26-10, 06:59 PM
HondaDrive
Rookie

Originally Posted by LexBob2
HondaDrive, congrats on the new car. It sounds nice.

I agree the drivetrain on the ES350 is very smooth and responsive. MPG's aren't bad either.
Thanks. I monitoring the MPG closely. For some strange reason, the miles on the odometer seem low compared to the gas used.
Old 06-27-10, 01:11 PM
Richard95
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Soft Paint ??

Originally Posted by garsarno
Have Black Sapphire / Cashmere 2007 Ultra since 10/06. Love the color / paint is soft and scratches easily. The panorama roof gets unnoticed as it matches the dark blue-black color. Second choice was the red but very happy with this color combination. Just saw a new RX350 last week same color combo - that looks different than the standard silver or tan that seems common.
I keep hearing this comment on this forum and others. What is it based on?What do you mean? What do the experts say? Do the experienced detailers or paint shops also say this?
Old 06-27-10, 01:42 PM
LexBob2
Lexus Champion

Received 139 Likes on 113 Posts

I had a Smokey Granite Mica for nearly 4 years and it wasn't any worse than other cars I've owned. The quality of the paint job IMO was impressive. It got a few nicks and chips now and then, which I touched up, but nothing excessive, just normal wear and tear.
Old 06-27-10, 05:28 PM
garsarno
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

If you are not careful in polishing, you will scratch it easily. Do not use rubbing compound at all. I did in one spot and there are still marks in the paint. Used it on the my '07 Impala SS and great results / no marks.