ES - 5th Gen (2007-2012) Discussion topics related to 2007+ ES350

Extra Cost to Purchase Out of State ES 350

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-10, 09:46 AM
c6vert
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Depends on transportation

We bought an Infiniti once. The dealership wanted around $400 to have the car hauled in from the other dealer on a car carrier. If we were to live with the 220 miles, they would send a driver and a second dealership person to drive it back. As long as the warranty didn't start until I signed the papers, we accepted them driving it back.
Also, don't forget, the other dealer is entitled to the holdback on the vehicle, so, if there is no trade of cars between the dealers, your dealership may not want to lose that share of the money.
Old 06-25-10, 12:16 PM
HondaDrive
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I am happy to report that my dealer stopped crying about the cost to get the vehicle from a nearby state soon after we sat down to negotiate.
Old 06-26-10, 11:30 AM
miniz
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by HondaDrive
So I guess that Miniz's advice is to buy a color that I do not like. That makes no sense to me. I would much rather have an imperfect Black Sapphire than a perfect car in a lighter color. As a parent of young kids, I am accustomed to imperfections around the house and on my clothes. I think the following analogy will reinforce my point. Let's take two pair of pants; one in which I love the look and fits great but has a slight imperfection on the back of one of the legs and another pair of pants that look brand new but I really do not like very much. Which would I choose? I would choose the pair of pants with the imperfection without hesitation. My car does not have to be look perfect all the time.
I find it very hard to believe that you can't find any of the 9 other color combos that works for you. You are exactly the type of person who should not ever own a black car. Young kids, pets, and not a lot of spare time= improper care of a black car......yikes! I can only imagine the dents, dings, chips, scratches and swirls. I find it funny that the people who are least apt to care for black correctly are the ones who are drawn to it the most and are in complete denial about just how terrible it looks when not taken care of correctly. Do yourself a favor and get a light color.
Old 06-27-10, 08:49 AM
HondaDrive
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by miniz
I find it very hard to believe that you can't find any of the 9 other color combos that works for you. You are exactly the type of person who should not ever own a black car. Young kids, pets, and not a lot of spare time= improper care of a black car......yikes! I can only imagine the dents, dings, chips, scratches and swirls. I find it funny that the people who are least apt to care for black correctly are the ones who are drawn to it the most and are in complete denial about just how terrible it looks when not taken care of correctly. Do yourself a favor and get a light color.
It's too late and I really do not like the other colors all that much. My second favorite color is the obsidian (black) but I could not find one of those cars with a grey interior. My third favorite is tungsten pearl but is essentially the same color as my Toyota Highlander. I am intrigued by the red but I think that I would get sick of it. IMO, the red looks better on an IS. IMO, the black sapphire is elegant but a little edgy
Old 06-27-10, 09:41 PM
LexPaul
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

50 -75 miles??, that's ludicrous an hour away?? I would just tell the dealer no deal if you have to pay.