ES - 5th Gen (2007-2012) Discussion topics related to 2007+ ES350

New here! Need satellite radio help please!

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-10, 08:17 AM
Quse56
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New here! Need satellite radio help please!

Hi yall! I just bought my first Lexus... a 2007 ES350 - SO PSYCHED!

My issue is this: I understand that the car is satellite radio-capable, and I have a Sirius subscription on my old car (an external reciever). I cannot seem to locate anyone who call tell me how to transfer this service to my Lexus. It is my understanding that I would simply need to provide the serial number on the reciever to my service provider, but where do I get that serial number? When I hit AM/SAT it only scrolls to the AM radio stations... No satellite. I thought the number would pop up if I turned on the satellite.

Thoughts? Advice? I have a call into the service center at the dealership.

Thanks in advance! So proud to be a Lexus owner!
Old 07-16-10, 08:56 AM
jagtoes
Racer

Received 56 Likes on 52 Posts

The satellite feature was an option and you may not have it. If you have the "shark" antenna on the roof you would have the feature and if not then you would need it to be installed.
Old 07-16-10, 02:49 PM
Dave Mac
Racer

Received 72 Likes on 64 Posts

You probably don't have it. It is a pretty much a plug-in option and I forget the cost but believe it is over $300. Your dealer will be glad to help you out or you can look to some of the sponsor's here or online for a better price.

Enjoy your new car.

Dave Mac
Old 07-19-10, 01:32 PM
Quse56
Driver School Candidate

Thanks. Had the dealer order the part and throw in the labor. Sheesh
Old 08-03-10, 07:28 AM
jhkunkel
Driver School Candidate

Where do I find some of these sponsors????
You probably don't have it. It is a pretty much a plug-in option and I forget the cost but believe it is over $300. Your dealer will be glad to help you out or you can look to some of the sponsor's here or online for a better price.

Enjoy your new car.

Dave Mac
Old 07-05-11, 09:58 PM
Dancer
Driver School Candidate

Default Satelite Radio compatible

I just bought a 2007 ES 350 that was advertised to have an Mp3Player, and a Am/FM Satellite-Capable Radio. What does Satellite Capable mean? Does it mean that the radio is ready for satellite radio service if I subscribe? How can I play my ipod in this car. I can't find anywhere to plug it in.

Dancer
Old 07-06-11, 07:00 AM
MadMax96
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Dancer
I just bought a 2007 ES 350 that was advertised to have an Mp3Player, and a Am/FM Satellite-Capable Radio. What does Satellite Capable mean? Does it mean that the radio is ready for satellite radio service if I subscribe? How can I play my ipod in this car. I can't find anywhere to plug it in.

Dancer
Welcome!

As stated above, the satellite is optional. It's a module that installs inside the dash and connects to the back of the radio. The antenna is then run to the back and sits on the forward portion of the trunk lid. The pre-2010 models didn't get a shark fin - they got a small square antenna. I only know this because the 2008 ES I just got a few weeks ago had the optional Lexus XM module already installed.

The easiest way to tell if you have it is if you press AM/SAT it'll cycle between both.. if it only goes to AM, you don't have it.

As for an iPod connection - there is only a 1/8" headphone jack inside the center armrest on the 2007 ES. Once connected, you'll be able to select Aux by pressing the CD/Aux button. Of course you only hear audio, you can't control the iPod or any other device.

Only the 2010+ models have a USB port that features iPod control standard.

Lexus offers an iPod connection for control, but it's expensive. There are other aftermarket devices that do the same thing (VAIStech, iSimple, etc) - search the Audio forum for more info.

The MP3 capability is also part of the CD player. You can burn MP3 files in data format to a CD and they will play and show the Song name and artist on the screen assuming your files have the proper info embedded.