ES - 5th Gen (2007-2012) Discussion topics related to 2007+ ES350

iphone4 & garage door problems

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-10, 03:25 PM
mander911
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool iphone4 & garage door problems

I am needing some help please. I bought a 2007 ES 350 Monday and I have been able to program my garage door opener and my cell phone. I can receive phone calls and place phone calls (via scrolling through my phone while driving) but I thought I would be able to say "call Chris/work/home" and it would work.
I have had a friend who is a car salesman look at the manuel and my iphone4; couldn't figure it out. I work with 7 guys and they can't figure it out.
One of the main reasons I bought this vehicle is the bluetooth capabilities. I love the ride and other perks (if I can figure them out). Upgraded from 2002 Trailblazer to this Lexus which is LOADED!!!

Frustrated but yet in love,
Owner of the 'Black Widow'
Old 08-04-10, 03:57 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

welcome to clublexus. first of all, what problem do you have on garage door?

regarding the iphone4. first of all, you can't transfer phonebook directly from your iphone to the car. it just won't work until 2010 models. if you want to do that, you need to copy the contacts to sim, and then take the sim and put it in another phone that's compatible with your vehicle.

i don't know if the es350 has calling feature (voice recognition) to do the calling functions you mentioned, but if it does, i would imagine it only works if you have a phonebook setup
Old 08-06-10, 06:43 PM
mander911
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Regarding the garage door, I have done everything the manual said to do and it didn't work. I can't open my garage door via the door opener built in the car. I am still having to use my old garage door opener. It is just annoying that I have this nice car that I can't call anyone like I would like to and that I can't open my garage door. And another thing.....I hate having to start the car again when I accidently leave the moonroof open.
Old 08-06-10, 10:54 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

for the garage door opener, have you gone to homelink website and get more info. very likely it's just problem in how you program the remote, and potentially also learning the rolling codes if that's the kind of opener you have.

for the phone, well, i guess that's just how the system works. if you want to use voice recognition, the info has to be in the car first, right?

start the car again if you leave the moonroof open? not really. with the car shut off, don't step on the brake at all. press on the start button twice, first is on, 2nd time is acc. by now all electronics should be on and you should be able to close your moonroof
Old 08-07-10, 11:35 AM
Kansas
Lead Lap

Received 254 Likes on 201 Posts

You should have about 45 seconds to close the moon roof and windows after shutting off the engine as long as you haven't opened the drivers door. I use the same feature in my LS almost every day. The feature is called something like "retained accessory power" and is explained in your owners manual.

The difficulty I have had programming garage door remotes, including in Lexus cars, has been with garage door openers with a rolling code feature. One usually has to press a "Learn" button on the garage door opener motor housing and then press the remote button in the car one or more times -- the number of times varies depending on the garage door opener model.

Some older garage door openers and even a few recent ones are not compatible with HomeLink. For those, receiver kits are or used to be available to make them compatible.