ES - 5th Gen (2007-2012) Discussion topics related to 2007+ ES350

Tire Pressure Light

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-10, 03:34 PM
Copguy
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tire Pressure Light

With the weather changing here in the northeast, I find my tire pressure monitor coming on sometimes when the weather dips. The front two tires tend to look low, however, last time this happened I checked them and they had max tire pressure. What the hell is happening.
Old 10-03-10, 05:39 PM
jagtoes
Racer

Received 56 Likes on 52 Posts

Check your tire pressures when they are cold before you drive. They will drop a few pounds as the weather gets colder. Fill them all to the pressure you had when you got your car (I assume you checked that when you purchased the car). Make sure that the spare is at the same pressure and you should have no problems with the TPS.
Old 10-03-10, 10:23 PM
Henine
Driver School Candidate

Check the pressue of your spare tire. If low, it will/can activate the TPS warning light.
Old 10-04-10, 03:39 AM
garsarno
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Yes to all. Happened to in 9/10. Had to add to the 33-34psi level (door sticker calls for 30psi) before the light went out.
Old 10-04-10, 06:43 PM
cl206
Pit Crew

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Hi, look in your manual. On the 2007 es350, there is a calibration button somewhere under the steering wheel area I think. You can set the tire pressure to like 32 and then hit the button. When the pressure drops more than 25% of 32, the light will trigger.

All this is explained in the manual.
Old 10-05-10, 03:39 PM
Copguy
Driver School Candidate

thks, looked in manual last night and reset the tire pressure. also checked the spare tire and all is good now. thanks again
Old 10-05-10, 05:04 PM
cl206
Pit Crew

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Alright!
Old 10-07-10, 11:52 AM
safford197
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I wish we could just turn the system off. I had a set of winter tires in MD and never wanted to pay for the extra sensors - this should be at my discretion not at big brother's. Anyone know how to disable the TPMS?
Old 10-07-10, 05:56 PM
jagtoes
Racer

Received 56 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by safford197
I wish we could just turn the system off. I had a set of winter tires in MD and never wanted to pay for the extra sensors - this should be at my discretion not at big brother's. Anyone know how to disable the TPMS?
I believe that the dealer can turn this function off. I think it needs to be reprogrammed out.
Old 10-17-10, 06:08 PM
deko
Driver School Candidate

Many Lexus owners report problems with the TPM warning light going on as the weather turns colder. When the light goes on, check the pressures in all 5 tires. You will have to lower the spare so you can access its valve stem with a gauge.

The recommended way to prevent false positives from reoccurring (due to cold weather or other small fluctuations in pressure) is to lower pressures in all 5 tires to about 5lbs below what you normally run them at, reinitialize the TPM system at that pressure, then inflate all tires to normal operating pressure.

Once you've reduced pressures equally in all tires, press and hold the TPM initialization button under the dash (near your knees) until you see the TPM warning light on the dash blink a few times. This will set the threshold of the TPM system at the current pressure. Now inflate all tires to normal pressures and drive for a while. The warning light should go out and you should never see the TPM warning light again (unless there really is a problem) because you now have a 5lbs buffer to prevent the system from triggering too easily.
Old 09-25-12, 06:47 AM
jcat_350
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Hey all, sorry for bumping an old thread. I just bought an 07 ES350 (literally last night) and have the tire pressure light on. It flashes on startup then stays on for the rest of the time I'm driving. I checked on here as well as the owner's manual and tried quickly to reset the light this morning without success. Granted I was sort of in a hurry to get going to work, but still. I felt to the right side of the steering column, and felt what seemed like a bracket with two holes in it. There was a button in the hole to the left, but nothing in the hole to the right. I'm going to double check under there on lunch, but I'm pretty sure it was the TPMS reset button. I was a bit confused though...manual says IGN-ON mode...is that one press or two presses of the engine start button? I tried it with two, held the button for about 10 seconds, saw it flash 3 times slowly then continue flashing quickly. Turned off, then started car and the light was still there. I haven't checked the spare yet, so that's my next step also, but any suggestions?
Old 09-25-12, 07:13 AM
LexBob2
Lexus Champion

Received 138 Likes on 112 Posts

In many cases the spare turns out to be the culprit. Good luck.
Old 09-25-12, 07:46 AM
jcat_350
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by LexBob2
In many cases the spare turns out to be the culprit. Good luck.
I shall investigate on my lunch break. Gotta say, feels good to be back in a Lexus after 4 long years since I sold my 2GS
Old 09-27-12, 06:46 PM
Tazzman
Driver School Candidate

If equipped, I have seen passengers bump the button under the glove box making the car think its running the snow tire settings...
A quick push and the car goes back to normal.....
Have made a few people blush and apologize....
Old 09-27-12, 07:29 PM
jcat_350
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Tazzman
If equipped, I have seen passengers bump the button under the glove box making the car think its running the snow tire settings...
A quick push and the car goes back to normal.....
Have made a few people blush and apologize....
button under the glove?? What button is that?

Quick Reply: Tire Pressure Light