ES - 5th Gen (2007-2012) Discussion topics related to 2007+ ES350

Another all-weather mat option

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-10, 04:15 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,302 Likes on 1,403 Posts
Default Another all-weather mat option

One of Internet Brand's advertisers recently sent me a set of all weather mats to try out. Since I already had aftermarket mats for my LS430 (and also they don't make them for the LS), I got a set for my truck.

They don't have a lot of products for Lexus vehicles, but they do make their mats for the ES350 and since I hadn't seen this brand mentioned here on Club Lexus I thought I'd do a brief writeup since its the season to put in all-season mats and protect your OEM carpeted ones.

They're called Nifty Catch-It mats from Lund Int'l. The site to look at these mats is http://www.yourdirtymat.com/ and they're available direct from the manufacturer at http://www.lundinternational.com/pro.../catch-it-mat/

The unique thing about these mats is that they offer both a carpeted and a rubberized option. The vendor sent me both for my Tundra and I'll include some pictures below.

Fit Observations: Both carpet and rubber versions appear to have the same fit, and they covered the floorspace a lot better than my OEM Toyota mats. The rubber isn't as thick as the heavy-duty OEM ones, but I didn't have any concerns about it not being thick enough and the design looks a lot more 'foot friendly' as I sometime like to kick off my shoes during a long drive. They do cover all the way up to the door jamb where I seem to track in a lot of stuff during the winter or when I park on gravel, dirt, etc. where the OEM mats leave it unprotected.

The rear mats are all one piece and covered the central 'hump', and it looks like they're sold separately from the fronts.

Safety Notes: These mats didn't go much further up towards the gas pedal than the OEM and don't have any apparent possible obstruction. The mats do not have anchor holes in them but have little molded 'cup' areas to help secure the mats and leave the anchors. The backside has more nibs to hold the mats secure so I didn't feel the slightest budge; they stayed in place nicely.

Special Deal: There is a special promotion where you get 20% coupon off the floormats when you submit a photo of your dirty auto floor down at the bottom of the page via email http://www.yourdirtymat.com/

The one caveat item I'd mention is that the 'gray' color of these mats is pretty light. I told them I had gray interior thinking they'd be the color of the dark OEM gray, but they are actually pretty light in color - almost look white in the pictures compared to the dark interior. I don't know all the interior options of the OEM ES but would compare carefully before picking the color if you are picky about such things. I wish I'd asked for black.

The box:

Carpeted Mats:

Rubber Mats:

Here's what the OEM floor mat looks like on the driver's side for comparison

Last edited by DaveGS4; 10-30-10 at 06:18 PM.