ES - 5th Gen (2007-2012) Discussion topics related to 2007+ ES350

OEM Wheels

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-10, 03:54 PM
miniz
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by wmkim
The one other thread I read on here where someone was talking about the color on his leather seats being stained, same guy called it "neglect" also...just like a broken record...there's always "one of those" in pretty much all forums I think.
Explain how not cleaning your seats then blaming stains on Lexus is NOT neglect? Its the same as suing McDonald's for making your fat. Its your fault, take responsibly and stop blaming manufacturers for your choice to neglect your car. That is my point.
Old 11-30-10, 03:59 PM
Copguy
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

holy S@#T dude, you need help....
Old 11-30-10, 04:25 PM
edarte
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Copguy
Are you kidding me or something? My car is garage kept, alway clean and not a single mark on the rims. All I did was ask a simple question and you grew some internet muscles. Forget I asked a simple question regarding my wheels.
If you do a quick scan of Miniz’s posts you will see that he/she could be a more diplomatic in their comments. You are not alone being on the receiving end of these less than tactful comments.

While I sometimes agree with what Miniz says I rarely agree with how it is said. If Miniz is as critical in real life as they are on this forum I would hate to be around them for too long.
Old 11-30-10, 06:10 PM
miniz
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

holy S@#T dude, you need help....
Still waiting on those pictures......
Old 12-09-10, 07:03 PM
wmkim
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by miniz
Explain how not cleaning your seats then blaming stains on Lexus is NOT neglect? Its the same as suing McDonald's for making your fat. Its your fault, take responsibly and stop blaming manufacturers for your choice to neglect your car. That is my point.
Not sure what your vested interest in Lexus is....and actually, it's (your McDonald's analogy) not the same. That aside, your presumption of 'neglect' for any defect that anyone posts about on this forum implies that Lexus could NEVER possibly have a defect in either the manufacturing process or just a potential error in one of their cars that come off the assembly line.

Do people neglect cars sometimes? Yes. Is it fair to automatically assume what appears to be discoloring leather or peeling colors on wheels (as in this example) to be neglect when you really have zero clue on what the owner may or may not have done? No.

If there was a true defect in either those seats or the wheels, no amount of care (which to you appears to be doing a full detail wash inside/out of your car every day to prevent 'neglect') would prevent that. I'm sure the people that post here are just looking for constructive feedback rather than being accused of neglect.

I'd like to think that if an individual is going to buy a premium priced vehicle and is taking the time to seek out feedback/advice from fellow owners that they are probably not "neglecting" their vehicles. If someone is that uncaring, then I doubt s/he would make the effort to find out anything here.

Having said all that...you are of course free to opine as you wish. Just note that even if your advice you post may be true... it really doesn't matter if you come across negatively where people will not value your opinion (if that matters at all to you...it may not, I suppose).
Old 12-10-10, 04:08 AM
garsarno
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

When I clean my daughter's wheels / tires on her 2010 Ford Fusion Sport with 18" rims and thin sidewall tires (OEM), I have to be very careful in application of spray tire dressing. Only on this car, once the tire is sprayed, it seems that any brown drips that come from where this low profile tire meets the rim comes into contact with the painted rim, it leaves a stain on the painted rim that will not come off without rubbing compound and a lot of elbow grease. I now just use Armor All wipes for the tire dressing on this car. My Ultra wheels and '07 Impala SS do not experience this at all.
Old 12-11-10, 05:58 AM
Macklin
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice save garsarno!

Seriously though, I think the OP's issue really could be a defect. Would like to see a pic though.

I do like to keep my tires clean and have never been diligent about keeping the cleaning solution du'jour off my wheels. I have not noticed any abnormal discoloration on them. (Other than self inflicted curb rash...grrr.)

Curious.
Old 12-11-10, 11:39 AM
Copguy
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by wmkim
Not sure what your vested interest in Lexus is....and actually, it's (your McDonald's analogy) not the same. That aside, your presumption of 'neglect' for any defect that anyone posts about on this forum implies that Lexus could NEVER possibly have a defect in either the manufacturing process or just a potential error in one of their cars that come off the assembly line.

Do people neglect cars sometimes? Yes. Is it fair to automatically assume what appears to be discoloring leather or peeling colors on wheels (as in this example) to be neglect when you really have zero clue on what the owner may or may not have done? No.

If there was a true defect in either those seats or the wheels, no amount of care (which to you appears to be doing a full detail wash inside/out of your car every day to prevent 'neglect') would prevent that. I'm sure the people that post here are just looking for constructive feedback rather than being accused of neglect.

I'd like to think that if an individual is going to buy a premium priced vehicle and is taking the time to seek out feedback/advice from fellow owners that they are probably not "neglecting" their vehicles. If someone is that uncaring, then I doubt s/he would make the effort to find out anything here.

Having said all that...you are of course free to opine as you wish. Just note that even if your advice you post may be true... it really doesn't matter if you come across negatively where people will not value your opinion (if that matters at all to you...it may not, I suppose).
Very well said....
Old 12-11-10, 03:00 PM
Monchie
Driver School Candidate

Very well said....
Same here man.
Old 12-12-10, 07:49 PM
JRey350hou
Intermediate

Received 63 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by Monchie
Same here man.
mr/ ms miniz is one of main reasons I stop posting here and rarely get on site. One thing he/she is Consistent....very bad one. What really bothers me is wont mention names but the long timers who post here often will not or are afraid to be critical of his idiotic comments. I refuse to be apart of forum with someone of that ill will. Enough said !!
Old 12-12-10, 09:23 PM
eyezack87
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by JRey350hou
mr/ ms miniz is one of main reasons I stop posting here and rarely get on site. One thing he/she is Consistent....very bad one. What really bothers me is wont mention names but the long timers who post here often will not or are afraid to be critical of his idiotic comments. I refuse to be apart of forum with someone of that ill will. Enough said !!
You do realize that "long timers" wont respond because they know that it'll just add fuel to the fire correct? Better to do it in a way that'll not make more conflict. If it gets too bad, you are all welcome to hit the Report Post button. Thats what its there for right?

Don't let one person put you off from this site. There are every type of individual in the world. Just like in the real world, you can't expect a forum to be any different