Search this Thread

Old 01-30-11, 09:24 AM
1badass
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Also notice problems with my cpo

First time poster,

Great site with a lot of information:

I picked up my car on Thursday January 27 and did an inspection before taking possession of it.

I pointed out and had the salesperson noted on the contract things that needed fixing which are the following:

Rear bumper is missing a clip so the bumper is poping out slightly

Trim around the interior door had a bad repair job(sales said it's leather and must be replace)

Front driver side- the plastic cover is missing a clip

And I just found this odd a few days after picking it up, and i dont think this is normal: as soon as you close the passenger rear door it echoes (hollow like) as if there is some sort of insulation missing. All the other doors don't have this tin sound.

I had a car proof ran with this dealer cpo car and it came back accident free and having a repair of $1350 which I didn't think it was a big deal as I am pretty sure a minor ding on a car would cars this much to repair by lexus.

Now I am wondering this this car had more repairs and parts change that was not declared to the insurance company.

I have according to Lexus CPo 15 days to exchange, and I am really considering this option.

Cheers and thanks for reading my rant!
Old 01-31-11, 04:52 AM
Jimbo68
Rookie

Angus, hope you wrote a letter to that dealer thanking everyone involved. It helps the next guy when they know their efforts are appreciated. Good luck with your ES.
Old 02-12-11, 03:34 PM
blackangus
Pit Crew

Received 61 Likes on 43 Posts

Just wanted to let you know my CPO problem has now been completely resolved. While the situation was disconcerting at first, and while I would have liked the fix to have occurred more quickly, in the end, I am quite satisfied with the outcome. Lexus of Tulsa and Superior Lexus in Kansas City both deserve to be recognized as stand up dealerships.

I was further impressed that the owner of the Tulsa dealership called me from the National Dealers' show just to touch base about the situation.

It is great to find my confidence in Lexus as the best brand available (for those of us who cannot afford Rolls or Bentleys) is well founded.

1badass: what did you end up doing with your purchase? Did you exchange? Have the problems been fixed?

Thanks again to everyone for their input.
Old 02-13-11, 12:30 PM
1badass
Driver School Candidate

Default Here's an update!

After pointing out my concerns to DonValley Lexus they considered fixing the problems that I had. They kept on mentioning that they didn't make much of a profit from the sale and that it would be difficult to repair, but i stood my ground and said that they either repair this or that i wanted my money back.

After our confrontation they could not tell me on a repaired date, that they were not sure when they could schedule an appointment. That's when I decided to emailed the head office and wrote my concerns on how I was very disappointed with the way Lexus has treated me.

The next day I got an unexpected call from DonValley and the asked if I could please bring in the car to get everything fix the way it should be. Once there they Kept on telling me that they could not give me completion date and offered me a 2007 yaris to drive.

Well I was off emailing Lexus head office and mentioned that a completion date was not given and that I was very dissatisfied with this. 2 days latter I got a call from DonValley and they confirmed that all repairs have been completed and to please come and pick my car up.

I inspected the repairs and everything was almost completed except 2 small tears along the bottom of the front pass. door. They immediate apologized and went ahead to schedule a repair date for next Friday.

I was really happy with the way Lexus head office has handled my case and I'm sure if it wasn't for them I would still be waiting to get things repaired on my car. The repairs look good and wasn't really expecting the rips on the leather trim to come out as good as it did.

The following were the repairs performed:
Leather rips were (almost) repaired, plastic clips under the wheelwell cover had were placed, bumper was fastened, Chrome moulding on rear door repaired, and door was aligned and they placed a bar that was missing in the rear door that made a tin hollow noise when close. (I'm assuming this was the safety cross bar in-between the door, I am thankful because my daughter normally sits there)

Cheers!

Last edited by 1badass; 02-14-11 at 09:45 AM.
Old 02-15-11, 04:41 AM
blackangus
Pit Crew

Received 61 Likes on 43 Posts

thanks for the update. glad it worked out, but NOT the experience I would expect to have to put up with from Lexus, especially on a CPO purchase. A Yaris? Oy Vey.