ES - 5th Gen (2007-2012) Discussion topics related to 2007+ ES350

my ES350 log

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-11 | 12:00 AM
qwerasdf
Driver School Candidate

Thumbs up my ES350 log

what's going on CL, been meaning to start this thread when i first got my es350 at the end of April 2011. I wanted to start a log to look back on it like i should of with my other cars.

Im sure u all have seen a stock white one but this is what it looked like when i brought it home. i got it tinted 20% all around on 6-7-11, no pictures yet of it and i believe its due for its first oil change pretty soon, hope u guys enjoy

Old 06-11-11 | 10:15 AM
Dave Mac
Racer

Congratulations on the new Lexus. I always like white cars but am usually moved to another color by my wife. Unless you drive an awful lot I'm assuming you are getting ready for your first complimentary service which will not be an oil change rather just kind of a once-over inspection and you are on your way. It is a good time to have your custom settings done though. Check your owner's manual as to what can be done. I always have something changed to my liking just because I don't like to have engineers tell me how everything should be set but if you look at what the defaults are and think about it for a bit you will find they are all very well thought out - none of them leave you asking "why did they do that". I usually just have my DRLs, seat belt buzzer and door lock chirp turned off.

Enjoy your car.

Dave Mac
Old 06-11-11 | 10:16 AM
jadu
live.love.laugh.lexus

definitely get a log goin.. what are your other future plans?
Old 06-16-11 | 10:45 AM
qwerasdf
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Dave Mac
Congratulations on the new Lexus. I always like white cars but am usually moved to another color by my wife. Unless you drive an awful lot I'm assuming you are getting ready for your first complimentary service which will not be an oil change rather just kind of a once-over inspection and you are on your way. It is a good time to have your custom settings done though. Check your owner's manual as to what can be done. I always have something changed to my liking just because I don't like to have engineers tell me how everything should be set but if you look at what the defaults are and think about it for a bit you will find they are all very well thought out - none of them leave you asking "why did they do that". I usually just have my DRLs, seat belt buzzer and door lock chirp turned off.

Enjoy your car.

Dave Mac
thanks for the heads up Dave Mac

Originally Posted by jadu
definitely get a log goin.. what are your other future plans?
future mods? im still getting use to the car, i havent quite made my mind up yet but i definitely dont want to mod it and take away from the car. I wouldnt mind buying a set of rims for the es but havent found anything that compliments the car. I've seen people lower their es's with aftermarket v6 camry springs but dont know anything further then that. i would like to add some type of diy lip to give the front end a little more of a aggressive look but havent come up with any ideas yet since exterior styling is kinda lacking from lexus's factory options

here are 2 pics of my 20% tint job

Last edited by qwerasdf; 06-16-11 at 10:50 AM.
Old 06-16-11 | 03:23 PM
tardorange
Driver

I like the tint. Might I suggest plasti dipping the emblems/grille matte black and tinting the taillights?
Old 06-16-11 | 09:22 PM
bobsobi
Driver

Too bad it's not the UL -- the panoramic roof really looks sweet with white.
Old 06-20-11 | 06:28 PM
qwerasdf
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by tardorange
I like the tint. Might I suggest plasti dipping the emblems/grille matte black and tinting the taillights?
thanks, i was thinking about going 5% but am happy with it. ive seen the plasti dip in action and usually dont like the outcome but im debating on taking off all 3 emblems in the rear to give it a cleaner look
Originally Posted by bobsobi
Too bad it's not the UL -- the panoramic roof really looks sweet with white.
tell me about it
Old 06-22-11 | 08:53 PM
safford197
Driver

Looks good, I like the pearl white... What year is it? I'd update the look further with some smokey colored rims.
Old 06-25-11 | 06:38 AM
Macklin
Advanced

Very nice! Wished I had gone with another wihite one. My ES300 was white, and there were so many of those on the road (still are!) I decided to make a change. Now I pass very few white ES350's, but a butt load of smokey granite ones....

Love the tint! I wouldn't worry too much about additional mods for now. Just enjoy it!
Old 07-14-11 | 08:40 PM
qwerasdf
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by safford197
Looks good, I like the pearl white... What year is it? I'd update the look further with some smokey colored rims.
its a 07, i definitely would like a little darker shade for the wheels
Originally Posted by Macklin
Very nice! Wished I had gone with another wihite one. My ES300 was white, and there were so many of those on the road (still are!) I decided to make a change. Now I pass very few white ES350's, but a butt load of smokey granite ones....

Love the tint! I wouldn't worry too much about additional mods for now. Just enjoy it!
i rarely ever see a white ones, its usually everything else. all of the colors for the es350s are very nice imo

im about to buy a set of weathertech floor mats for $50 shipped, not sure what color tho, tan or gray??
Old 07-18-11 | 02:34 PM
jkgs300
Driver School Candidate

Looking clean, the pearl is a sick color in person. If the gray floor mats are dark enough it may match dash. Check out my interior pic in my log.
Old 07-19-11 | 09:01 PM
flipp4
Rookie

You should def get some black wheels, tint the tail lights, and drop it an inch or two. White looks good with everything blacked out, my opinion at least.

my es350
Old 07-23-11 | 10:57 AM
qwerasdf
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by jkgs300
Looking clean, the pearl is a sick color in person. If the gray floor mats are dark enough it may match dash. Check out my interior pic in my log.
i have and it looks good. i let the gf decide and she picked tan
Originally Posted by flipp4
You should def get some black wheels, tint the tail lights, and drop it an inch or two. White looks good with everything blacked out, my opinion at least.
only if i had deep pockets
Old 07-23-11 | 02:06 PM
flipp4
Rookie

I'm def not rich by any means. I always try to do things the cheapest way possible. my tail lights only cost me $12 to do, I bought the transparent black spray paint by VHT for 10 and some auto masking tape for 2. my wheels only cost $1,300 with tires, lugs, and hubcentric rings, and the lowering springs were only $200 on ebay. I didnt do everything overnite either. A little bit here and there, patience is key, lol
Old 07-24-11 | 09:36 AM
qwerasdf
Driver School Candidate

when you did your springs, did you have to do anything else to the suspension parts to correct it when lowered?

Quick Reply: my ES350 log