ES - 5th Gen (2007-2012) Discussion topics related to 2007+ ES350

Speaker grill damaged during service

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-11, 04:14 PM
Tpcorr
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Speaker grill damaged during service

So I brought the new to me ES 350 in for a state inspection and oil change. As I was driving home, I noticed the speaker grille on the left side of the dashboard had 3 dents in it. The service tech must have slipped when scraping off the old inspection and registration stickers from the windshield. I called the dealership and spoke with the receptionist, who put me through to my service advisor. The call went to voicemail, so I told him what had happened and asked for a call back.

Well, after a week of waiting I left him another message. That call went unreturned too. I waited a couple of days, called back and asked to speak with a manager. I told the manager the story, and arranged a time to bring the car down. When I got to the dealership I spoke with the service advisor, who told me that he got my messages and spoke with the service tech who had worked on my car. The service tech denied any wrongdoing, saying that they have a special scraping tool that precludes accidental speaker grille smashing.

I suggested we look at the car. The service advisor walked to the car shaking his head carrying his uncovered coffee with him. As fate would have it, as he got into the car he spilled half of the coffee onto the drivers seat, door panel, and sill. Without saying a word to me , he got a towel and dried the spillage. He then looked at the speaker grille, shook his head and said no way could the service tech had done that damage.

At this point I was ready to strangle this buffoon. So I asked to speak with a manager. After cooling my heels for 25 minutes the manager came to speak with me. He told me that even though there was absolutely no way that the damage was caused by the dealership, they would repair it anyway. I responded by saying the way he was speaking to me, and his implication that i was trying to cheat him out of a speake grille was demeaning to me , and that I was surprised that he would treat a customer in that manner.

I told him I wouldn't want to have my car serviced in a place that I'd lost my faith in. I said thanks but no thanks and left. From here on in, I guess I won't leave my bowling ball rolling around on the dashboard anymore

Tom
Old 11-17-11, 06:58 PM
Blueshark
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

personnaly, i would also take the case to lexus headquarter. I did it once and the dealership responded favorably my magic. The dealership satisfaction is not as meaninglul as the lexus headquarter, they are less bias to your problem and want your satisfaction.

And please, be next to the car when you do maintenance, i always do to evaluate their services.

Last edited by Blueshark; 11-17-11 at 07:02 PM.