ES - 5th Gen (2007-2012) Discussion topics related to 2007+ ES350

Installed UR Racing Front Strut Bar on ES350, Impressions

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-12, 04:32 PM
RyanC
Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Installed UR Racing Front Strut Bar on ES350, Impressions

Bought the Ultra Racing Front Strut Bar for a 2007 Camry and installed it on my 2011 ES350. It is a perfect fit (bolt-on).

Followed the DIY found here on ToyotaNation.com :

http://www.toyotanation.com/forum/10...strut-bar.html

Install was pretty easy, just needed a cheater bar to break the bolts loose on the existing strut bar.

The stock Lexus bar is surprisingly heavy, but it is not a solid bar while the UR bar is completely solid and about the same weight as the Lexus bar.

Only bad thing is that the plastic engine cover doesn't fit after installing the UR Strut bar.

Steering input definitely seems sharper - and the car seems to be more steady through turns. Car seems to ride a little rougher, but that might just be me paying more attention to bumps in the road. Car definitely still rides very smooth.

I might see if I can get the engine cover to fit back on by cutting it a little bit to fit over the UR bar.

Next install will be the UR Rear Sway Bar and Rear Lower Bar - I don't think any of the other pieces Ultra Racing makes will fit because of the splash cover underneath the car.

Hopefully that will satisfy my craving to make the ES handle a little better - would prefer not to go the Coilover route just because I think it will make the ride too harsh. Although lowering it would be nice

I can take pics if anyone is interested.

Anyone else have the Ultra Racing parts on their cars?
The following users liked this post:
nazeem (11-01-23)
Old 02-18-12, 03:53 PM
mlacomb
Lead Lap

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Definitely take pics, would love to see it - especially if you get the covers modified to fit as well.
Old 02-18-12, 08:54 PM
eyezack87
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You can always get softer springs for the coils and adjust the dampening accordingly. Glad to know it fits the ES's as well
Old 02-19-12, 12:19 PM
RyanC
Driver

Originally Posted by eyezack87
You can always get softer springs for the coils and adjust the dampening accordingly. Glad to know it fits the ES's as well
My experience from installing Tein SS Coilovers on my Acura TL was that even at the most dampened settings (I have the EDFC so I can adjust it on the fly) - the car still rode pretty rough compared to stock.

Maybe I'll consider coilovers - but for now, I'll try the UR Sway and lower bar and see if that helps. I think they will fit because they're above the exhaust and shouldn't get in the way of the underbody splash cover.

Will try to take some pics soon.
Old 02-20-12, 10:21 PM
eyezack87
Lexus Test Driver

BC Racing and Megan Racing both offer an option to pick your own spring rates. Dampener can only do so much. I found that dampening set at 0 with 6/4kg springs on my Camry was quite similar to a new Camry's suspension. I do highly suggest coilovers before doing sways/lower bars on a stock set up though. Personally I think the bars are icing on the cake so to speak
Old 02-20-12, 10:30 PM
gekae24
Intermediate

Received 29 Likes on 15 Posts

BC Racing and Megan Racing both offer an option to pick your own spring rates. Dampener can only do so much. I found that dampening set at 0 with 6/4kg springs on my Camry was quite similar to a new Camry's suspension. I do highly suggest coilovers before doing sways/lower bars on a stock set up though. Personally I think the bars are icing on the cake so to speak
I'm on Megan Coilovers on my 08 Es350.... I will be installing a trd strut bar over the weekend. I decided on that just because of the brand. Will let you know. My coilovers say 06-07 I figure th trd bar will fit. Trying to find a trd rsb.
Old 02-21-12, 05:25 AM
RyanC
Driver

Be careful - the TRD bar is made for a 2002-2006 Camry.

The MY2006 Camry (XV30) in USA is not the same chassis as the ES350 (XV40), it pairs with the MY2002-2006 ES330.

XV40 = MY2002-MY2006 Camry and MY2002-MY2006 ES300/ES330
XV50 = MY2007-MY2011 Camry and MY2007-MY2012 Lexus ES350

It is possible the TRD Front Strut bar fits - but I wouldn't think it would be a perfect fit on the 2007 Camry or ES350.

eyezack87 - thanks for the insight on the customizable spring rates for BC / Megan. I wonder what a good spring rate for the ES350 would be? Do you think a 6/4kg setup would be good for the ES350 ? The ES350 weighs more than the Camry so I'm not sure what would be good.
Old 02-24-12, 02:14 PM
eyezack87
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by RyanC
Be careful - the TRD bar is made for a 2002-2006 Camry.

The MY2006 Camry (XV30) in USA is not the same chassis as the ES350 (XV40), it pairs with the MY2002-2006 ES330.

XV40 = MY2002-MY2006 Camry and MY2002-MY2006 ES300/ES330
XV50 = MY2007-MY2011 Camry and MY2007-MY2012 Lexus ES350

It is possible the TRD Front Strut bar fits - but I wouldn't think it would be a perfect fit on the 2007 Camry or ES350.

eyezack87 - thanks for the insight on the customizable spring rates for BC / Megan. I wonder what a good spring rate for the ES350 would be? Do you think a 6/4kg setup would be good for the ES350 ? The ES350 weighs more than the Camry so I'm not sure what would be good.
Ultra Racing and by theory, the new Megan Racing bar for the 2007-2011 Camry are the parts that fit the best for the ES350. Probably have the engine cover issue as well but thats just a piece of plastic

For the springs, I should probably clarify that the 6/4kg was same for when my car was brand new, so the stiffness you find in a new car was there. I'm guessing for the ES it would amount to a nice somewhat lofty yet tight feel to it. If anything it would kill some of the boat feeling immensely. I'd probably ask a vendor to make sure since they'd probably have more info on the affects of weight on spring rates. I purchased mine off CircuitMS here and they were plenty helpful. Of course, if you're willing to wait, I'll be selling mine soon due to my sister needing my car more than me so I can cut you a good deal
Old 02-24-12, 10:59 PM
gekae24
Intermediate

Ultra Racing and by theory, the new Megan Racing bar for the 2007-2011 Camry are the parts that fit the best for the ES350. Probably have the engine cover issue as well but thats just a piece of plastic

For the springs, I should probably clarify that the 6/4kg was same for when my car was brand new, so the stiffness you find in a new car was there. I'm guessing for the ES it would amount to a nice somewhat lofty yet tight feel to it. If anything it would kill some of the boat feeling immensely. I'd probably ask a vendor to make sure since they'd probably have more info on the affects of weight on spring rates. I purchased mine off CircuitMS here and they were plenty helpful. Of course, if you're willing to wait, I'll be selling mine soon due to my sister needing my car more than me so I can cut you a good deal
But your camry is clean though? Why can't she get a hooptie??
Old 02-26-12, 06:59 PM
eyezack87
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by gekae24
But your camry is clean though? Why can't she get a hooptie??
Cus I'm a good brother, or at least I'd like to think myself as one

In any case, there is only so much you can do to an LE while refusing to add any lip kit out there to look "lower." I'll stick to the roots of the car and be the cleanest Camry LE on the West Coast, which I've done since my other friends put kits on theirs
Old 02-27-12, 09:38 PM
acdapast
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks, just what i needed. I had a post about this earlier but no one responded.

Please post pics and make a review on the rear sway bar!! I personally hate the body roll and thats about it.
Old 03-21-12, 03:44 PM
acdapast
Driver

Default spring

What springs are you running though?
Old 03-22-12, 02:23 AM
eyezack87
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by acdapast
What springs are you running though?
They're the springs that came on my coilovers. If you're just looking for a simple spring swap into your stock struts, any 6th generation Camry lowering spring will fit
Old 03-22-12, 11:54 AM
gekae24
Intermediate

Trd front strut bar did not fit! Only because of the dampening ***** on my coilovers. So,I sold it and went with the Megan racing Strut bar! Looks great! Don't notice much of a difference but then again I don't really drive my car hard.Only set back is I had to remove the entire plastic engine covering and now my K&N intake and Borla exhaust seem t be giving me a bit of kick in horsepower because of more air flow!
Old 04-17-12, 12:24 AM
acdapast
Driver

Default ultra racing es350

What is the difference between getting the 19mm Rear Sway Bar or the 23mm one for Ultra Racing? Which one do you think will do better for the ES350 since these parts are for the Camry

I just want to get rid of the body roll, will these do the job? or will i need to add more?

Don't think i will get springs or coilovers though../

Quick Reply: Installed UR Racing Front Strut Bar on ES350, Impressions