ES - 5th Gen (2007-2012) Discussion topics related to 2007+ ES350

Help on ES350 pricing

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-12, 01:38 PM
andcas7
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help on ES350 pricing

I am new to the forums, my friend is in the market for a new 2012 Lexus ES350, and we've heard different things on the pricing, some have told us they've purchased the car fully loaded (except for navigation) for just over $36k (Out the door), while we keep getting offers of $42,000 with everything including Navigation OTD.

How much have you guys paid or know of people paying for this car? I am in South Florida (Miami specifically).

Also, unrelated question, but since he is in the market, he is also interested in the IS 250, how much rougher is the ride on the IS250 compared to the ES350?

Thanks in advance!
Old 03-05-12, 01:49 PM
GoingHaam
Driver

the MSRP, for all the options of what people, typically consider all options with out nav is 39,xxx...
Old 03-05-12, 02:24 PM
LexBob2
Lexus Champion

Received 138 Likes on 112 Posts

If you go to truecar.com and plug in the info on what you are looking for, it will give you an idea of what people in your area are paying for similar cars. It's very easy to do.
Old 03-05-12, 02:29 PM
andcas7
Driver

Originally Posted by LexBob2
If you go to truecar.com and plug in the info on what you are looking for, it will give you an idea of what people in your area are paying for similar cars. It's very easy to do.
I have seen this website, but I am afraid it is just a way for them to get commission out of the dealerships they sponsor...
Old 03-05-12, 04:57 PM
RyanC
Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

It is hard to quote OTD prices because taxes, tags, titling fee, processing, etc are different between states and even sometimes cities.

That said, $36K fully loaded would be a pretty impressive price imho - especially if it was an OTD price. I paid $34.5K in January (Before Taxes, Tags, etc) for a "fully loaded" '11 ES350 (NAV, Parking Sensors, Rear Sunshade, Side moldings, Rear Spoiler - No Mark Levinson - I wish I got that option) but it was a Corporate Demo car that had 8000 miles on it. I would have gladly paid $1500 more for a brand new one with no miles.
Old 03-05-12, 05:38 PM
John U
Intermediate

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

"Loaded" would be an Ultra, with Mark Levension, Nav, Panorama roof...$45,700

Here's the build site....http://www.lexus.com/configurator/#/...55123&group=ES
Old 03-06-12, 08:54 AM
sanjaysdca
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by andcas7
I have seen this website, but I am afraid it is just a way for them to get commission out of the dealerships they sponsor...
So? Whats wrong with it They need to make some $$ to provide you with the information.

Per kiplinger finance magazine participating dealer pays $299.00 per car sold to zag (selling arm of tru car). Thats not much for a hassle free buying.

Late last year I bought a base 2011 ES350 with heated/vent seats, full size spare, and wood steering wheel for 31.5K plus Tax+Title in southern california through ZAG.

Put my information on Sat evening
Got a call from participating dealer in 10 min
Made appointment to see him @10:00 on sunday
Test drove the car we were buying
Finished all the paperwork (price was already agreed upon) No trade in
Was done with everything in less then two hours

Yes I could have saved few hundred $$ if I had sat, haggled and visited few more dealerships...but you have to put value to your time and the hassle you go through as well.

For me the sell price was good enough...and its OK to pay for (good) service.
Old 03-06-12, 09:56 AM
LexBob2
Lexus Champion

Plus, even if you don't buy a car from a participating dealer, it gives you a starting point to determine approx. what similar cars are selling for in your area.
Old 03-07-12, 11:07 AM
dreyfus
Racer

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by andcas7
Also, unrelated question, but since he is in the market, he is also interested in the IS 250, how much rougher is the ride on the IS250 compared to the ES350?
There is no comparison between the IS & ES ride comfort. The IS is much harder on your bottom than the ES. The IS is meant to be driven while the ES floats down the road.
Old 03-07-12, 03:44 PM
dgraham
Driver School Candidate

checkout either true car or Edmunds.com for pricing - my last 2 350's I bought for a few hundred over invoice - get info and then talk to fleet sales or internet folks at dealers and tell them what you want and what you will pay -'trust me it works but you need pricing first.
Hope this works for you.
Old 03-08-12, 07:09 AM
billgUAB
Driver School Candidate

In my experience (IMHO),
- NADA is way high
- Kelley Blue Book is high
- Edmunds is a little high
NADA doesn't seem to handle the package options on the ES 350 well so pricing on a loaded ES may be low as it's treated like a base model.
To find out what they are ACTUALLY selling for look I rely on eBay looking at completed auctions.
When I was helping my wife look for a ES 350, she found cargurus.com which is an excellent car shopping tool as it pulls data from most dealerships and puts them into one database. The best part is that it performs its own statistics on each car and logs price changes and time on the lot. Knowing how long a dealer has had a car gives you a very good idea how anxious he is to sell it. I was able to locate a 2007 ES 350 with the Ultra Luxury package 89K in excellent condition for $16993. The dealer started it out in the mid 20’s and had three price reductions during the 100+ days he had it. Very useful information to have when negotiating.

Good luck!
Old 03-08-12, 07:44 AM
billgUAB
Driver School Candidate

Please disregard my above post, I was in the wrong thread, sorry.
Old 03-12-12, 07:40 PM
frankbcnt
Driver

I bought from JM Lexus in ft lauderdale and the whole experience was the best ive ever had buying a car. The price was on par with other dealers and they treat you like a king there. The selection was awesome and they are soo professional. Ive been in a few dealerships and Im telling you that place is managed well. The people are professional, nice, no in your face asswipes or cheesy greaseballs. They have a whole lounge set up for service with a deli, any kind of coffee, private offices, ect. All the service guys get to work in an AC'd garage. Ive never seen anything like it. Our local Lexus dealers over on the west coast are nothing like it and some are even 5 star dealers and I can tell you they are far in comparison. It may be a little drive from south miami but it would be worth it. I drove from the other coast!

I think we got ours for like 38k fully loaded. Everything that the Ultra Luxury has except no mark levenson sound. They dont sell the UL on this coast of the US is what we were told so they had to order them with all the options.

I had 2 other friends buy from there, one a LS460 and one an ISF and they were both cheaper than any dealer on the west coast of FL or anywere in the state at that. My friend bouth the ISF and he walked in with his POS problematic m350 Benz and said I want to buy the ISF for 45k or something like that and they were like ok.He couldnt believe it. Easiest deal ever, no arguing. A week later his dad bought a LS460 and 2 weeks later I bought the ES350. His dad traded in his 2002 LS430 with 205k on it and they still gave him something crazy like 12k for it! I was trading in a fully loaded accord and I think I may have been able to do a little better but they were so nice to us I didnt wanna bother over 1k. The other plus is there is a carmax right down the road, thats an option.

Good luck!
Old 03-18-12, 06:22 PM
Joeb427
Lexus Fanatic

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by frankbcnt
I bought from JM Lexus in ft lauderdale and the whole experience was the best ive ever had buying a car. The price was on par with other dealers and they treat you like a king there. The selection was awesome and they are soo professional. Ive been in a few dealerships and Im telling you that place is managed well. The people are professional, nice, no in your face asswipes or cheesy greaseballs. They have a whole lounge set up for service with a deli, any kind of coffee, private offices, ect. All the service guys get to work in an AC'd garage. Ive never seen anything like it. Our local Lexus dealers over on the west coast are nothing like it and some are even 5 star dealers and I can tell you they are far in comparison. It may be a little drive from south miami but it would be worth it. I drove from the other coast!

I think we got ours for like 38k fully loaded. Everything that the Ultra Luxury has except no mark levenson sound. They dont sell the UL on this coast of the US is what we were told so they had to order them with all the options.

I had 2 other friends buy from there, one a LS460 and one an ISF and they were both cheaper than any dealer on the west coast of FL or anywere in the state at that. My friend bouth the ISF and he walked in with his POS problematic m350 Benz and said I want to buy the ISF for 45k or something like that and they were like ok.He couldnt believe it. Easiest deal ever, no arguing. A week later his dad bought a LS460 and 2 weeks later I bought the ES350. His dad traded in his 2002 LS430 with 205k on it and they still gave him something crazy like 12k for it! I was trading in a fully loaded accord and I think I may have been able to do a little better but they were so nice to us I didnt wanna bother over 1k. The other plus is there is a carmax right down the road, thats an option.

Good luck!
The UL has few more options then only the Panoramic glass roof;.Others things are...
Perforated semi-aniline leather-trimmed seating, double-contrast stitching for the seats, console, and door trim, driver's seat power thigh cushion extender,front passenger seat memory function,power rear sunshade, Liquid Graphite-finish 17-inch 10-spoke alloy wheels and an exclusive black leather with saddle brown trim.

Picked one up yesterday.
Had to travel to Virginia to get Tungsten/Black and got it for invoice.

Last edited by Joeb427; 03-18-12 at 06:54 PM.
Old 03-18-12, 07:00 PM
LexBob2
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Joeb427
The UL has few more options then only the Panoramic glass roof;.Others things are...
Perforated semi-aniline leather-trimmed seating, double-contrast stitching for the seats, console, and door trim, driver's seat power thigh cushion extender,front passenger seat memory function,power rear sunshade, Liquid Graphite-finish 17-inch 10-spoke alloy wheels and an exclusive black leather with saddle brown trim.

Picked one up yesterday.
Had to travel to Virginia to get Tungsten/Black and got it for invoice.
Joe, congratulations on the new car. How do you like it so far?

Quick Reply: Help on ES350 pricing