ES - 5th Gen (2007-2012) Discussion topics related to 2007+ ES350

Hi I am new here any advice?

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-12, 07:04 PM
Vilheim
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hi I am new here any advice?

Hello everybody nice to meet all of you. I purchased a 2007 ES350 with 81,000KM on it a few weeks ago and I completely love the car. Before this I had driven some old family vehicles (grand marquis, and a taurus or 2) but never had a car that was "mine". The ES 350 had everything i was looking for and feels great to drive.

I would love a bit of advice or some links to some information as to what i can do with this vehicle. I want to keep the car classy as it naturally is, but give it a bit of "pop".

I got the dark blue color, (believe they called it "Black Sapphire") and already dropped the 1800 watt sound system that i had laying around into it (in as classy a way as i could at the moment).

Finally i wonder if anyone here is from the area (Eastern Ontario / Ottawa). Would be nice to meet some local Lexus owners and get some opinions of local places for parts and labor.

Anyways, nice to meet all of you, and super happy to have this new joy in my life.

-Vilheim
Old 08-19-12, 05:20 AM
mlacomb
Lead Lap

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Have any pictures of your sound system install? I'm probably going to bite the bullet and do this next year. For now, stuck with the stock non-ML system, might add a sub I have lying around to the mix - an infinity basslink - off of the front speakers.
Old 08-19-12, 05:37 AM
Vilheim
Driver School Candidate

At the moment it is just the box and my 2 12 inch alpine type Rs plus amp. My old system had a 800 watt 4 channel as well, but decided that for now I may just stick with factory speakers for a bit.

I just dropped in the bassworx box from my old car till I can get the guys that i use to do some custom fiberglass work. Apparently the past owner already had an after market system in the vehicle since the guys found the remains of an amp kit in the back, which made their life super easy.

Also the Type Rs are not all that classy looking, think ill need to grab some grills for them too.

Basically this is almost exactly what I have for the time being. I got lucky and found out the last owner even did a full dynamat job for me so no rattles.

http://c.castanet.net/img/205/1344388-1-1.jpg

^ Not my car or my exact box but 95% correct.
Old 08-19-12, 11:39 AM
mlacomb
Lead Lap

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I've found the stock tweeters too harsh. The door speakers are ok at best; I really am itching to change them out with components. Probably won't touch the rear doors at all - after all, I'm driving 90% of the time anyways and the rear speakers don't get full range signals from the factory amp.

I'm looking to put in maybe one twelve in the trunk at some point - I don't want to lose a lot of trunk space, in addition to being able to quickly yank the setup out if I'm going on a decent trip.
Old 08-19-12, 01:18 PM
CQRT
Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Take a look at the E & G Classics wire mesh grill - - really gives the nose a distinctive look IMO . .

Congrats on your new ride !
Old 08-19-12, 02:35 PM
Vilheim
Driver School Candidate

Thanks for the recommendation of that grill, i agree it does look nice and sharp.

Also i am not saying that i wont get the whole system done, just sadly half of what I had before wont carry over too well, and its not on my "next pay check" list .

I also have seen quite a few photos of people managing 20s on their ES while dropping it a bit. Not sure how i feel about that but time will tell. I wont be touching anything cosmetic till next summer anyways.