John U
Intermediate

Originally Posted by nautilus11
And yes, it will be a 3-4 hrs job that I potentially on hook for
4 hours here at around $125 per hour would be $500
Old 02-04-14 | 03:39 PM
ThumperPup
Racer

They said 3 to 4 hr to find where the leak is comming from ? wtf excuse my language here
But get your car the hell out of that dealer pay the 300 and tow it to another dealer your being robbed blind
Old 02-04-14 | 03:40 PM
ThumperPup
Racer

Originally Posted by John U
4 hours here at around $125 per hour would be $500
Oh is that all lol down here near my the dealer rates are 179 an hour
Old 02-05-14 | 05:35 AM
jagtoes
Racer

i guess may be i do. but then what's the point of buying extended warranty. We feel happy when smaller items are covered by warranty without question, but we buy warranty for such major issues.If we have to go through such hassle for major issues, may be just take chances and dont buy warranty. The cost of smaller items is definitely less than 2000+ we pay for the full warranty.
If you have read the warranty then how is what you have just experienced been covered. What i said is what EXACTLY does it cover. Not what you think it covers but according to the legal language in the warranty. Usually people don't read the fine print and ASSUME it covers bumper to bumper but it doesn't. So before you have the argument with the dealer who by the way knows exactly what is covered make sure you know the details. It's not that I don't feel your pain as I have had a similar experience but you want to make sure you have your ducks lined up before the battle begins. Then again you may make out OK if you get the Lexus rep involved. Good luck.
Old 02-05-14 | 08:27 AM
nautilus11
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by jagtoes
If you have read the warranty then how is what you have just experienced been covered. What i said is what EXACTLY does it cover. Not what you think it covers but according to the legal language in the warranty. Usually people don't read the fine print and ASSUME it covers bumper to bumper but it doesn't. So before you have the argument with the dealer who by the way knows exactly what is covered make sure you know the details. It's not that I don't feel your pain as I have had a similar experience but you want to make sure you have your ducks lined up before the battle begins. Then again you may make out OK if you get the Lexus rep involved. Good luck.
I went through contract word by word several times. Just like most contracts though, it leaves a fine line. I am not pressing the issue based on emotions and what I think is covered. I took all the right steps that any reasonable driver could take in the given circumstances.
The frustration is that I didn't expect this hassle with lexus warranty. I paid premium price, so expect to be treated as such. Things would have been better off without warranty
Old 02-05-14 | 08:31 AM
AZGirl
Driver School Candidate

I hope they take care of you. It stinks what they are putting you through! I've owned Lexus vehicles for 14 years and have never had a problem, but I also never had an issue like this. Makes me nervous, as I live in a very hot place and now I'm going to be watching that temp gauge like a hawk...
Old 02-05-14 | 02:44 PM
oldgrump
Pole Position

Yes, you should scan the instrument cluster (including the temp gauge) from time to time when you are driving. Yes, the temp gauge should give an indication of an overheating engine due to exceptionally high air temps, or exceptionally high engine loads, or a blocked radiator, or other mechanical issues, but as we have seen, NOT when there has been a large loss of coolant. Once again, it's also very important to periodically visually check the coolant level to monitor the rate or trend of coolant loss (if any).
Old 02-05-14 | 09:46 PM
nautilus11
Driver School Candidate

Lexus HQ came through.. Got a cal from Lexus HQ that they will talk to the dealer abt covering the diagnostic costs.. this is at least first step in right direction. Now at least the dealer can start the diagnostics and initiate the claim process. Hopefully now i can get the car fixed soon enough..
Old 02-06-14 | 03:56 AM
Tpcorr
Rookie

Good news! It sounds as if they are finally doing the right thing.

Tom
Old 02-06-14 | 06:52 AM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Great...I had a feeling the issue was the dealer not Lexus.
Old 02-06-14 | 08:35 AM
RainaES350
Rookie

Originally Posted by SW13GS
Great...I had a feeling the issue was the dealer not Lexus.
My thoughts as well...hopefully you're in good hands now...fingers still crossed for you out here on the left coast.
Old 02-06-14 | 09:34 AM
sgmstr
Pole Position

Lexus HQ came through.. Got a cal from Lexus HQ that they will talk to the dealer abt covering the diagnostic costs.. this is at least first step in right direction. Now at least the dealer can start the diagnostics and initiate the claim process. Hopefully now i can get the car fixed soon enough..
great news! by the way which dealership is this?

you're finally getting what you deserve. at least one problem is solved. I have a good feeling that Lexus will cover the repair as well. Please keep us posted.
Old 02-06-14 | 01:57 PM
nautilus11
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by RainaES350
My thoughts as well...hopefully you're in good hands now...fingers still crossed for you out here on the left coast.
It's still with the same dealer, only difference is that now the dealer has authorization to do diagnostics and file a claim.. Still have to go through the claim process and when approved, then it will be everything done right !!!
Old 02-06-14 | 01:58 PM
nautilus11
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by sgmstr
great news! by the way which dealership is this?

you're finally getting what you deserve. at least one problem is solved. I have a good feeling that Lexus will cover the repair as well. Please keep us posted.
Hi sgmstr, let me get the claim process going and will let you the exact details..
Old 02-06-14 | 04:11 PM
ThumperPup
Racer

awesome very cool that lexus came through i had a feeling they would

Quick Reply: Major Problem - Engine overheated and needs replacement