ES - 5th Gen (2007-2012) Discussion topics related to 2007+ ES350

Sewell and Clublexus discounts

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-14, 01:20 PM
christcorp
Pit Crew

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Sewell and Clublexus discounts

I'm sure I've read on this forum a number of times that Sewell's was a really great place to get lexus parts and items, and that they give a generous discount to club-lexus forum members.

Well; I guess that only applies to certain things. I went there to look for a tube of "Touch-up Paint". They list both prices, including "Club Lexus" members price as the same $12.00. No discount at all.

But to show how big their ***** ARE, their "Cheapest" shipping is $10.78. That's a total of $22.78 for a half ounce nail polish tube of touch up paint. Hell; the post office has those big *** boxes that you can shove as much into as you want to for $4.00.

Put it this way. There are a LOT MORE PLACES online that I can shop at to get the things I want. There is no way in hell that I'll shop at Sewell's. They might be "Reputable" in some people's mind, but when they charge $10 to ship a $12 item, there's a problem. Hell; I can go directly to my local Lexus Dealer; albeit 75 miles away, so I'll wait till I'm down that direction anyway; and get the OFFICIAL Lexus Touch up paint pen/stick for $16.

In all fairness, I did notice some items had a club-lexus discounted price. However, unless you order a LOT of items, shipping sucks. E.g. an oil filer is under $4.00. That's cool. But they still charge $10.78 for shipping. I guess I'll keep them in mind if I need an expensive item that I can't find some place else.
Old 01-30-14, 03:26 PM
ThumperPup
Racer

Received 68 Likes on 61 Posts

you don't have to buy from them if you don't want to

you can buy a Key from them that another dealer will charge you 250-300 for but they only charge 149 and then the same 10 dollars for shipping that that paint was going to cost
Old 01-30-14, 04:22 PM
christcorp
Pit Crew

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by ThumperPup
you don't have to buy from them if you don't want to

you can buy a Key from them that another dealer will charge you 250-300 for but they only charge 149 and then the same 10 dollars for shipping that that paint was going to cost
Not arguing. Simply pointing out a fact. And in my post, I said; "And I quote".

In all fairness, I did notice some items had a club-lexus discounted price. However, unless you order a LOT of items, shipping sucks. E.g. an oil filer is under $4.00. That's cool. But they still charge $10.78 for shipping. I guess I'll keep them in mind if I need an expensive item that I can't find some place else.
So yes; if there's an expensive item that I can't find any place locally, I'll keep them in mind. And "sometimes" they do offer a discount. Simply pointing out not to use them for items like paint, oil/air filters, or any other inexpensive item.
Old 01-30-14, 04:42 PM
pheonix72
Lead Lap

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

It is your choice to shop there or not! They offer the best price for most of the items. The shipping/handling charge will kill any low tickets item. I consolidate and get multiple items to save on shipping.
To be fair to them, it takes the same amount of work to process an order (for shipping) a $3 item or an $250 item (of course, actual shipping charge will vary)
Old 01-30-14, 06:10 PM
xanderES
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by christcorp
so I'll wait till I'm down that direction anyway; and get the OFFICIAL Lexus Touch up paint pen/stick for $16.
Umm... you are aware that Sewell is a group of car dealerships that includes a LEXUS dealership right? What you are buying are OEM OFFICIAL Toyota/Lexus items.

The Sewell parts website already gives a discount on prices for EVERYONE. With the cl discount some prices are essentially the invoice cost to the dealership. One of the largest Lexus dealerships which I am lucky enough to live by (Longo) refuses to even price match. Their prices are so amazingly low that the parts department at the aforementioned dealership was always surprised at the prices because they don't even cover overhead expenses once again on some items. We are lucky to have a dealership like Sewell who is community driven enough to offer the prices that they do.
If you have a problem with the shipping prices I suggest buying in bulk.

Last edited by xanderES; 01-31-14 at 01:50 PM. Reason: possible misunderstandings with wording