ES - 5th Gen (2007-2012) Discussion topics related to 2007+ ES350

keyless entry and wireless door bell conflict

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-14, 05:28 PM
rustytank
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default keyless entry and wireless door bell conflict

A while ago, my sister had trouble unlocking her 08 es350. None of the key fobs were working. At first we thought the battery might have died and replaced batteries on both fobs(primary and spare) and it still wouldn't work... So we towed the car to the Lexus dealership and got a call from the right away that everything was fine and they couldn't find any problems. So I went down to the dealer, tried the fob, everything was working fine like they said so i drove the car back home.
Next day, when my sister tried to unlock the car, the fob wouldn't work again...

Later on that day, the USPS delivery guy was knocking on our front door and i noticed our door bell wasn't working. (FYI, our door bell is one of those wireless door bells where you install the button outside and install the actual ring device inside and whenever the button is pressed, it sends a signal to the device inside.) So, while i was investigating the door bell, i noticed the button was stuck in pressed position. Something sticky had gotten into it and it got stuck. At this point a light bulb went up in my head. I thought maybe the signal from this door bell might be interfering with the ES's key fob signal. After i fixed the doorbell(un-pressed it), I went outside and tried unlocking the car and it worked!! To make sure it was the doorbell that was causing this, i had my sister press and hold the door bell while i tried to lock/unlock the car and every time the bell was pressed, key fob wasn't working.

I talked to the dealer about this and they said they've never seen or heard of anything like this.
This was a freak coincidence I've experienced and I just wanted to share.