ON / OFF

Close windows/sunroof via smart key
ON / OFF

Footwell lighting timeout
OFF / 7 SECONDS / 15 SECONDS / 30 SECONDS

Beep when HVAC buttons are pressed
YES / NO
Looking for some clarification here. These are my current settings;

When I press & hold my unlock button on the FOB, the windows & sunroof begin to roll down until the point where I release the button. I cannot however figure out how to close them and according to the app, I should be all set. However, this may be user error and I just might need some direction. I'm guessing "by holding key in door lock" means you need to remove the cover on the driver side and insert the emergency key, something I have not tried as it seems pointless to me. Why not just get in the car at that point. Still, I would think the 4th option; "Close windows/sunroof via smart key" would work by pressing & holding the lock button on the FOB, but that is not the case for me.

I don't think everything works exactly perfect on this app, I set the "Footwell lighting timeout" to "OFF" but they remain on so then I set the "Beep when HVAC buttons are pressed" to "YES" just to test it but thankfully they do not beep when pressed.

Any help would be appreciated.
TIA!
Old 11-15-17, 04:30 AM
lgb0250
Intermediate

Received 119 Likes on 80 Posts

I’ve had it since it’s release. Since I was an early adopter I am lucky to have no subscription charges for lifetime use. I’ve used it on my Lexus, on my Highlander and my daughters Sienna.
Old 11-15-17, 09:26 AM
ThumperPup
Racer

Received 68 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by lgb0250
I’ve had it since it’s release. Since I was an early adopter I am lucky to have no subscription charges for lifetime use. I’ve used it on my Lexus, on my Highlander and my daughters Sienna.
from my understanding the unlimited use was onlya vaialbel when they had the androit it was not available once they released the apple app
Old 11-15-17, 09:28 AM
ThumperPup
Racer

Originally Posted by codejd
Looking for some clarification here. These are my current settings;

When I press & hold my unlock button on the FOB, the windows & sunroof begin to roll down until the point where I release the button. I cannot however figure out how to close them and according to the app, I should be all set. However, this may be user error and I just might need some direction. I'm guessing "by holding key in door lock" means you need to remove the cover on the driver side and insert the emergency key, something I have not tried as it seems pointless to me. Why not just get in the car at that point. Still, I would think the 4th option; "Close windows/sunroof via smart key" would work by pressing & holding the lock button on the FOB, but that is not the case for me.

I don't think everything works exactly perfect on this app, I set the "Footwell lighting timeout" to "OFF" but they remain on so then I set the "Beep when HVAC buttons are pressed" to "YES" just to test it but thankfully they do not beep when pressed.

Any help would be appreciated.
TIA!
i can't help you on this because im not a user of it yet
but wodnering if it perhaps has something to do with the kind of adapter you are using
do you have the Carista OBD2 adapter or did you get one of the cheaper ones from amazon from china for like 10 bucks ?

perhaps you need to refresh the app on your phone maybe delete it and then reload it ight have something to do with the software itself perhaps

to bad we cant use the carista app to program extra remote fobs or can we ?
Old 11-15-17, 11:15 PM
hisstojay
Pole Position

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by ThumperPup
but wodnering if it perhaps has something to do with the kind of adapter you are using
do you have the Carista OBD2 adapter or did you get one of the cheaper ones from amazon from china for like 10 bucks ?

perhaps you need to refresh the app on your phone maybe delete it and then reload it ight have something to do with the software itself perhaps

Presently, the Carista App CANNOT be used to program extra remote fobs......
Old 11-16-17, 02:45 AM
codejd
Pit Crew

I have the Carista OBD2 adapter. Haven't tried deleting the app.
Old 11-16-17, 04:11 AM
lgb0250
Intermediate

from my understanding the unlimited use was onlya vaialbel when they had the androit it was not available once they released the apple app
unfortunately true. One of the few times being an early adopter has worked for me. I haven’t tried this on my iPhone yet but use it all the time on my iPad. I’ve never been able to get mine to go up but then again I haven’t hooked up in quite awhile and new software updates may have changed the way this feature works. All. Know for sure is that it didn’t allow for it previously.
Old 11-19-17, 06:40 AM
Cobra611
Pit Crew

Received 35 Likes on 11 Posts

Works with my iPhone 4S, 6S, and iPad 2. Haven’t tried my wife’s X yet.

My windows were programmed to either go up or down with FOB from dealer, can’t remember because I don’t use this feature very often. Press & hold lock or unlock to accomplish.

I paid a onetime $20 for the upgraded version to adjust settings as AutoZone will read codes for free.
Works on my iPhone X...got Carista yesterday. Changed a few settings, but didn't see the one I really wanted to change. And, that was the turn signal volume.

edit....found the setting. Changed it but didn't hear too much of a difference.

Last edited by Cobra611; 11-19-17 at 10:24 AM.
Old 11-19-17, 07:59 AM
ThumperPup
Racer

I am waiting until Next week to purcahse it i spoke with carista Customer care via email th eother day and they said they have a Black Friday Sale this year but didnt say what it was going to be
im hoping its either the 29.99 it was last year apparently or perhaps they will be offering some discount on a yearly service fee or something but im going to wait
Old 11-24-17, 03:03 PM
ThumperPup
Racer

just purcahsed the carista unit on Amazon had Black Friday sale for 27.99
Old 11-25-17, 05:17 AM
lgb0250
Intermediate

just purcahsed the carista unit on Amazon had Black Friday sale for 27.99
Make all your changes when you first get it and avoid any subscription fees. If you need to make changes down the road just pay the $9.99 Cheaper than paying the $39 yearly rate. I think I’ve only used mine like 5-6 times over the last 4 yrs.
Old 11-25-17, 10:48 PM
ThumperPup
Racer

Originally Posted by lgb0250
Make all your changes when you first get it and avoid any subscription fees. If you need to make changes down the road just pay the $9.99 Cheaper than paying the $39 yearly rate. I think I’ve only used mine like 5-6 times over the last 4 yrs.
yeah thats the plan reason i purcahsed on Friday is that Amazon is delivering it on Sunday so will i am down in Florida for the holidays i can take care of my dads 2012 RX350
and then a few days latter when i get home to utah i can do my 2007 ES350
Old 12-01-17, 11:11 AM
ThumperPup
Racer

i got the carista app and equipment plugged it in
works great all accept wont allow me to roll up my windows via smart key remote even though it has that as a option on it and i have the setting on yes for that no matter what buttons i press it wont roll up the windows
if i stick my key in the door lock under the plastic crome cover and turn it one way that will roll up the windows but wont allow me to do that from the remote
Old 12-02-17, 03:46 AM
codejd
Pit Crew

i got the carista app and equipment plugged it in
works great all accept wont allow me to roll up my windows via smart key remote even though it has that as a option on it and i have the setting on yes for that no matter what buttons i press it wont roll up the windows
if i stick my key in the door lock under the plastic crome cover and turn it one way that will roll up the windows but wont allow me to do that from the remote
Yep, this was my experience as well. Seems counterintuitive to have to pop that plastic chrome cover...did you figure out what this means; "Close windows/sunroof via smart key"?
Old 12-02-17, 02:08 PM
ThumperPup
Racer

Yep, this was my experience as well. Seems counterintuitive to have to pop that plastic chrome cover...did you figure out what this means; "Close windows/sunroof via smart key"?
no but i am going to email carista in the early part of the week and ask
because thats the only reason i bought this other wise if thats not going to work than i want a refund and will return this to amazon

Quick Reply: Did you know about the Carista app?