Brake warning light stays on

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-14, 04:50 PM
Nikod7
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Brake warning light stays on

Hello to all,
I'm a new member, I have had this 2008 ES 350 since 2010. Best car I have owned. EXCEPT for winter driving as the wheels stop spinning and it leaves you stuck. give me the old rear wheel drive any day. any winter tips I can use to get through the snow, please let me know.
the main concern right now is, my dash has a red "brake" light that has been on for a week now. sometimes in the afternoon it goes out for a while. I have almost 42,000 mi. would that indicate I need to change the brake pads, which in turn lowers the fluid? any recommendations for parts. I can do the job myself.

Thanks for any advise
Old 10-23-14, 07:43 PM
jagtoes
Racer

Received 56 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by Nikod7
Hello to all,
I'm a new member, I have had this 2008 ES 350 since 2010. Best car I have owned. EXCEPT for winter driving as the wheels stop spinning and it leaves you stuck. give me the old rear wheel drive any day. any winter tips I can use to get through the snow, please let me know.
the main concern right now is, my dash has a red "brake" light that has been on for a week now. sometimes in the afternoon it goes out for a while. I have almost 42,000 mi. would that indicate I need to change the brake pads, which in turn lowers the fluid? any recommendations for parts. I can do the job myself.

Thanks for any advise
First of all RED means stop. You should not be driving the car until you find out what is causing the light to be on. If it is low on fluid it could be because the pads are worn down . When you added brake fluid did the light go out?? If not then you have a problem with the brake system. Pull the wheels and check the pads and check the sensors to see if they are the problem. Hopefully you don't go driving down the road and have total brake failure and end up killing someone. Fix it