ES - 5th Gen (2007-2012) Discussion topics related to 2007+ ES350

Front Turn Signal Light not working.

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-17, 11:06 AM
azncapcom
Pit Crew

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Front Turn Signal Light not working.

So my front turn signal light does not come on, the dash indicator arrow flashes quickly when I use the turn signal, indicating theres an issue.

I have already replaced the bulbs and checked the fuse is good. Checked the socket and there was no voltage going to it.

What else could i check next?

Extra Info: I had an accident on the front right a year ago and there was some damage to the electrical wiring (repair shop said they soldered the wire and everything was ok.) I am assuming this is most likely related and the problem has arised again?
Old 03-03-17, 07:11 AM
jkayca
Intermediate

Received 46 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by azncapcom
Extra Info: I had an accident on the front right a year ago and there was some damage to the electrical wiring (repair shop said they soldered the wire and everything was ok.) I am assuming this is most likely related and the problem has arised again?
This sounds like a good place to start since you've eliminated the bulb and fuse. Do you know where they did the repairs? Can you get at the harness where they soldered?

Lots of people don't know how to solder properly. They don't tin the wires. Don't get the wires hot enough. Don't recognize a cold solder joint when they see one. Etc.
Old 03-03-17, 07:41 AM
PoorES
Driver School Candidate

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Sounds like you need a new wiring repair. Engine wire repairs don't always last that long because wires there tend to get bent, heated, and stretched more. Did you go through your insurance for the repair? If so, do they have a guarantee or does the shop have a guarantee. You might be able to get a free repair if you can prove that the previous repair failed. My advice would be to first go the shop that repaired it and then contact your insurance. If your insurance is willing to take the case, then push for the harness to be replaced.
Old 03-05-17, 04:48 PM
azncapcom
Pit Crew

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jkayca
This sounds like a good place to start since you've eliminated the bulb and fuse. Do you know where they did the repairs? Can you get at the harness where they soldered?

Lots of people don't know how to solder properly. They don't tin the wires. Don't get the wires hot enough. Don't recognize a cold solder joint when they see one. Etc.
Originally Posted by PoorES
Sounds like you need a new wiring repair. Engine wire repairs don't always last that long because wires there tend to get bent, heated, and stretched more. Did you go through your insurance for the repair? If so, do they have a guarantee or does the shop have a guarantee. You might be able to get a free repair if you can prove that the previous repair failed. My advice would be to first go the shop that repaired it and then contact your insurance. If your insurance is willing to take the case, then push for the harness to be replaced.
The repair was through insurance for a not at fault accident. When the service advisor told me that they were going to "solder" the wire that was damaged rather than replacing the whole thing, i was already worried and asked them what if something goes wrong, but the service advisor assured me it will be fine and the wiring will have a lifetime warranty. (Too bad I didn't ask for this in writing). I called them the other day and brought this up, they advised to bring it in on Tuesday. So I will see what they say when I bring this in.

Any suggestions if they try to make me pay for the repair?
Old 03-08-17, 06:47 AM
jkayca
Intermediate

Received 46 Likes on 34 Posts

If the repair was done through insurance call the insurance company if they give you any flak.