ES - 5th Gen (2007-2012) Discussion topics related to 2007+ ES350

Brakes Shaking

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-17, 08:41 AM
ThumperPup
Racer

Received 68 Likes on 61 Posts
Default Brakes Shaking

So I have this issues and twice last year I had the rotors turned and when they where turned it helped with with the shaking for a little while before the shaking could come back.
then instead of turning the rotors again early this year I just had the Front Rotors replaced with high-quality EBC rotors.
now the front end is shaking again when breaking from speeds around 40 mph and higher
the steering wheel doesn't shake but the break pedal and the front end of the car shimmies and shakes. What is it that could keep the rotors from going back all the time.
Is it possible that this is from a Brake Calliper issues or a Brake Pad Problem?
Old 10-18-17, 10:00 AM
jkayca
Intermediate

Received 47 Likes on 34 Posts

I think I read somewhere that it's recommended to replace pads when replace the rotors, and then bed properly so everything is matched up. Pads, like rotors, experience uneven wear.
Old 10-18-17, 06:31 PM
jagtoes
Racer

Received 56 Likes on 52 Posts

Sounds like you need to have the front suspension looked over. It could be rotors or ball joints or tie rod ends or steering rack or bushings or calipers. There could be other areas but have these items looked at. You should not warp rotors as quickly as you are saying. It is simple to check the run out on the rotors .
Old 10-19-17, 12:12 AM
chuyrobles
Instructor

Received 246 Likes on 195 Posts

I think you have warped rear rotors. Our ES350 had similar shaking/vibrations which stopped when I replaced the OEM rear rotors with $25 DuraGo rotors and 'Wagner pads.
Old 10-20-17, 09:57 AM
geopig
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

It could be pads. I just had a situation in August on the front driver's side where the pad had separated from the pad backing and was causing shaking and grinding in particular just after startup. It was better but not right after brakes had been applied numerous times.
Old 10-25-17, 12:35 PM
ThumperPup
Racer

I took it for a Oil Change Yesterday at the Toyota Dealership
they said after inspecting the brakes the reason why they feel the reason why the car starts to shake after the either turning or replacing the rotors with in a few weeks of doing that is that the calipers are having issues with the pistons sticking
they measured the outside pads on both front calipers the outside pads are measuring at 7mmthe inside pads one side is measuring at 3mm and the other side is measuring at 4mm

the pads I just replaced last summer they have like 20,000 or 25,000 miles on them
they feel that by replacing pads and calipers they may still be able to turn the rotors since they have a good thickness left on them since they are not broken or cracked anywhere
so i just purchased a pair of a-1 card remained calipers for 37.25 each plus a 35 core charge and since I have EBC rotors I decided to get the EBC OE replacement Pads
Old 10-25-17, 01:53 PM
jagtoes
Racer

Received 56 Likes on 52 Posts

It may be to late but I would have them check the rotors for run out to verify if they have warped. If not then just scuff them up as is and re-install them.
Old 10-25-17, 06:55 PM
ThumperPup
Racer

Originally Posted by jagtoes
It may be to late but I would have them check the rotors for run out to verify if they have warped. If not then just scuff them up as is and re-install them.
i am hoping they will be able to save the rotors this was the Toyota dealership that did this because lexus couldn't get me in for a oil change yesterday.
The guy at the Lexus Dealership that i deal with next door will give me the same price so im going have him look at it tell me if they could save the rotors if they can awesome if they can't i can pick up a new set of EBC Rotors a pair ofr like 86 after shipping from Place For brakes which is where i usually get my brake parts from
like these rotors are like 4 or 5 months old they brakes are not grinding i don't see how they could not turn them and machine them at least 1 time

the brakes in the picture are not the Lexus these are on one of my older cadillac Sevilles my 2000 Seville i love EBC brakes Red Stuff and USR are usualy my go to brakes for the cadillac because when i drive it i drive it like i stole it but the Lexus is just a nice crusing highway not to much city stop and go its my crusing take it easy car so i don't see a reason to spend like 450 per axle on custom pads and rotors not including labor
Attached Thumbnails Brakes Shaking-ebc-rotor-pads-on-car-right-rear.jpg   Brakes Shaking-ebc-rotors-pads-left-rear.jpg   Brakes Shaking-drive-front-ebc-pads-and-rotors.jpg   Brakes Shaking-ebc-rear-pads-and-rotors.jpg  

Last edited by ThumperPup; 10-25-17 at 07:01 PM.
Old 11-01-17, 10:06 AM
ThumperPup
Racer

I decided that instead of having the current rotors machined because that will cost me like 60 dollars for the dealer to machien the rotors ontop of the break job i would just buy new rotors i figured i wanted to try these new EBC Blade Slotted Rotors and Place for brakes had them on sale after shipping final price for the pair was 195 so i figured id try these here http://www.placeforbrakes.com/produc...&car_year=2007

now the reason i still decided to go with the OE Replacement EBC non ceramic brake pads which was a EBC brand Semi Metalic is because Yes they could eat through the rotor faster, however, Semi Metalic also gives a better grip some people will argue with me on this saying ceramic is better but it really depends on what your using them for and because recently EBC has announced that Pro Lathe or a company-specific that they recommend can acutely successfully Machine and Lathe Slotted and Drilled rotors successfully so i won't have to spend the money on new rotors the next time i replace them.
But this is the set up i decided to go with.
however i feel i will end up in a argument with the dealership when i go to have them do the work because ei am going to refuse the brake fluid flush and just have them put manual bleed the brakes like normal because i just had the brakes flushed last year when i had the rare pads and rotors replaced and because the dealer wants 150 i could go across the street and pay 50.00 at the tire shop for them to flush the brake system.
Old 04-17-18, 08:00 AM
Citronlemo
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I no longer have the car but was repeatedly replacing the brakes rotors, brake pads and brakes themselves on my Lexus RX 350. Lexus was telling me that I was riding the brakes too hard and while I really liked the car, I ultimately I got rid of it due to expense and the hassle of having it repaired. I am once again seeking another car -- would love to get another Lexus. So i googled the issue, and discovered many, many others have experienced the same issue on this and other models and received the same reply. I am shocked to see that Lexus continues not to acknowledge and/or fix this issue. Wondering what can be done to light a fire under them?
Old 04-17-18, 01:26 PM
Crazybrit
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Guys cross drilled rotors and ceramic pads no more shakes my last car went 70000 miles before I even replaced pads and I drove it like it was stolen I just put them on my es350 they feel great no shake better pedal feel and it stops better.you can buy these on eBay for maybe $150 for all 4 wheels with pads I’ve put all kinds of different brads of em on all kinds of cars inexpensive and easy installation they just go on the same as the old ones came off no should charge you more than $150 to put em on there are directional so make sure there get put on the correct sides.enjoy