ES - 5th Gen (2007-2012) Discussion topics related to 2007+ ES350

Remote Starter ?

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-17, 07:06 PM
ThumperPup
Racer

Received 68 Likes on 61 Posts
Default Remote Starter ?

So i was wondering who here has remote start on there ES350 2007 ? what unites do you have in your Lexus ES350 5th Gen
did you choose to do the add on system that will work with your Factory Remote or did you choose a different system that has to have a second remote ?
Old 10-28-17, 04:55 AM
codejd
Pit Crew

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

I had a Viper system installed on my 2008 which interfaces with my key FOB, all you do is hit the lock button 3 times to start the car. As you approach and grab the door handle the car shuts off until you get in, depress the brake and push the STOP/START button. This is somewhat different than factory installed systems that have a type of soft remote start where you still have to depress the brake and push the STOP/START button but your car doesn't shut completely off when you open the door. In either case you're not going anywhere once inside the car until you perform those two steps.
Old 10-28-17, 05:25 AM
yardie876
Lexus Champion

Received 87 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by codejd
I had a Viper system installed on my 2008 which interfaces with my key FOB, all you do is hit the lock button 3 times to start the car. As you approach and grab the door handle the car shuts off until you get in, depress the brake and push the STOP/START button. This is somewhat different than factory installed systems that have a type of soft remote start where you still have to depress the brake and push the STOP/START button but your car doesn't shut completely off when you open the door. In either case you're not going anywhere once inside the car until you perform those two steps.
Ditto. I have viper system with remote start from my phone and it works pretty well. The fact that the engine shuts off when the door is opened is annoying but that is a Lexus thing and we have no control over it as it happens with the factory remote start system they offer as well.
Old 10-28-17, 01:24 PM
Tetguy
Driver

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Viper 2 way works well on mine as well. 2008 es350. Mine has a dedicated button on the side of the remote to start the car. You can see on the screen if the car starts and you can set for how long you want it to run before the engine shuts off. Works very well. I have it for over 4 years with no problems. You can also see what the temp is in the vehicle before you start it. It has numerous other capabilities which I don`t use. My model is not Bluetooth or WiFi which is available.
Old 10-28-17, 03:57 PM
ThumperPup
Racer

do you guys have a model number unit for what you have will i still need to get a bypass unit to make the viper unit work
i guess im wondeirng how is it that it's bypassing the remote being within the distance of the vehicle?
I know all these things these days there are unit that you can control from your cell phone
i just don't want to have 2 remotes on my keychain .

for instance this unit here is what i was thinking of getting https://www.carid.com/avital/oem-add...gleid=38831697

but will i need to add anyting else to get it to work ?
Old 10-29-17, 09:59 AM
chbow
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What about this remote starter from best buy? They're selling it now for $200 with included installation. Anyone know how it works with ES?
https://www.bestbuy.com/site/compust...99288500050000
Old 10-29-17, 10:33 AM
ThumperPup
Racer

Originally Posted by chbow
What about this remote starter from best buy? They're selling it now for $200 with included installation. Anyone know how it works with ES?
I am acutaly going to call best buy today jsut to check on this because i will be suprised if they don't say that there is another 100 or 200 in parts that are needed to bypass your factory push button stuff
like a kill switch bypass or something like that
Old 10-29-17, 10:50 AM
ThumperPup
Racer

i just called Best Buy because i wanted to make sure and all
and the guy said that for my 2007 Lexus ES350 its possible the labor could be more intensive like total install for that comput start unit could be as high as 270.00 parts and labor because he said its possible that there could be more labor time involved

he said they also have a unit that i could get just the add on it would be like 205.00 for them to add a unit that would allow my current remotes to control the start
i like the compustar one because it allows has the 2 way so it acutaly says when its on and off where if you use just the add on unit you wont really know if the car is on or off unless you check on it
also with the compu start there is a add on where i can use my phone but i have to pay extra to use a mobile app for that perhaps
i will probably get the unit they have on sale there even though i don[t knw about having extra remotes that's something i just don't want to deal with but id like to know
Old 10-29-17, 12:36 PM
chbow
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ThumperPup
i just called Best Buy because i wanted to make sure and all
and the guy said that for my 2007 Lexus ES350 its possible the labor could be more intensive like total install for that comput start unit could be as high as 270.00 parts and labor because he said its possible that there could be more labor time involved

he said they also have a unit that i could get just the add on it would be like 205.00 for them to add a unit that would allow my current remotes to control the start
i like the compustar one because it allows has the 2 way so it acutaly says when its on and off where if you use just the add on unit you wont really know if the car is on or off unless you check on it
also with the compu start there is a add on where i can use my phone but i have to pay extra to use a mobile app for that perhaps
i will probably get the unit they have on sale there even though i don[t knw about having extra remotes that's something i just don't want to deal with but id like to know
Good luck. Let us know how it works once it's installed.
Old 10-30-17, 09:29 PM
ThumperPup
Racer

I went to Best Buy and actualy talked to them because i had some more questions and they told me that their actualy would be no extra parts needed and no extra install charges for this unit
so i purchased this one here https://www-ssl.bestbuy.com/profile/...1-805502983679
the Compustar 920 kit that included all the parts needed it was 209.00 after taxes and the store said it would cost me 5.00 shop fees on the day i have it installed so like so total is going ot be like under 215.00 installed
I liked the fact that i can get the Drone Unit that allows me to use my smart phone and i don't have to have it installed the day i buy i have this installed
so id on't have to pay for the labor all over again
they had the Viper unit for 199.00 but they had this one also i decided this one was the one to go for
because the Comupar start Smart phone acess plan is cheaper per month than the viper smart phone access plan.

does anyone else here have the acurstar unit ?
Old 11-01-17, 10:12 AM
ThumperPup
Racer

to those who have the remote start on their ES350 do you have the AUX setting set up i know that the Compustar unit allows for 2 aux settings for instance rare defrost can be set up to use and turn on
so if i where to do this i would have it set up to where the rare defrost would be one of the Aux settings but in the summertime i won't need rare defrost so will i have to go back to the best buy and have them reprogram it so that defrost doesn't activate in the summer ?
i know the heated seat switch since we have dial and not push button i can just leave that on and it will automatically turn on when the car starts.

has anyone worked a way around the shut off when the door opens?
i have read that with our cars lexus ES350 2007 will auto shut off when the door is open the last remote unit i had didn't shut off until you put your foot on the break
so wondering if anyone has ever successfully worked around the door shut off mode and will it only shut off when the driver door is open
becuase i keep my snow brush in the back seat aand it will be annoying if every time i go to get my snow brush out of the car and open the door if its going to shut off and then im going to have to start it back up again to continue to heat up
Old 11-01-17, 12:27 PM
Tetguy
Driver

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

On my Viper there are numerous settings you can do yourself but as I stated before I only use a few. One the temp in the vehicle and the length of run time before shutoff. i have experienced a problem with fogged up windows when you remove the snow from the windshield.while the engine has just started and not warmed up fully. I tend to brush the snow off first then start the vehicle. This doesn't happen very often as it`s a garage queen.
Old 11-02-17, 08:01 PM
ThumperPup
Racer

also when i asked the guy from best buy about programming my OEM Fob to work with the aftermarket start from compustar for the OEM fob Lock x 3 to start they said they could do that but it would cost more
i am looking and can't find any info on the nex tbaout how to program the OEM fob to work with the Aftermarket remote start ? can someone tell me how to do this do this question i think its crazy to pay an extra 40 dollars to the tech to program that
Old 11-10-17, 08:43 PM
ThumperPup
Racer

I didn't get that unit because whent i went to purcahs eit it was not on sale anymore
i did get the 1 way unit which is the CS920-S unit whch is a 1 way its 1 step down form the orignal one you listed
i just had it and the drone mobil installed in my 07ES350 and works great