need advice on lowering my 09 ES350

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-17, 08:58 AM
Conor09ES
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation need advice on lowering my 09 ES350

HEY ALL,

I own a 2009 ES350 Pebble Beach Edition. car has about 105,000 miles on it right now, I'm looking to lower it a little bit to get rid of the gap in between the wheels and the fenders. in the future I do plan on putting 19" wheels on it. After reading threads on here about lowering our ES, I've come to conclusion a set of lowering springs and a more aggressive strut will work fine for me, therefore I won't be needing to spend $1000 or so on a coilover kit. I have found lowering springs just fine but I cannot seem to find any "performance" struts . Any useful input is appreciated. Thank you!

Conor
Old 01-04-18, 01:21 PM
es350chuck
Pit Crew

Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts

Hey bud,

Let's see if I can help! Not too many owners of the ES tend to do any sort of modding to their cars as they prefer the "soft" premium cushy feel to their vehicles. For starters, I was in a similar position as you, wanting to get rid of the horrid wheel gap. After doing some research, I ended up grabbing a set of Eibach lowering springs meant for the Toyota Camry 07-11 models. The Camry and ES are identical platforms, so you'll have no issues with the install.

You won't need to buy struts, as you can rock the OEM struts until they go out on you eventually due to the center of gravity changing with the new spring rates. It's entirely up to you if you want to fork over the cash to replace perfectly fine struts. For me, I took baby steps started out with springs while on stocks. I liked the look of the wheel gap diminishing, but the presser for me was having the car's undercarriage slap on certain parts of the freeway or dips on the side streets. Just hearing the bottom out, was enough for me to make the next change. Whether you run into that problem or not, you certainly have another option in coil overs.

After not even having driven a month on the springs, I sold those and elected to pick up a set of BC coil overs. This is best of both worlds, I am able to adjust how low I want the car to sit and how stiff or soft I want it to be. Since making the swap I've had no regrets and ended up rocking 18" F sport wheels. Since then, I've lowered my car even more and opted to run 19" wheels. As I stated, you have a few options from springs to coils to even an air setup, which I plan to do down the road.

For more of an idea, you can see some of my pics in this thread - https://www.clublexus.com/forums/es-...right-now.html
Hope this helps and good luck with your build! Not too many people do anything really to their ES as the GS and IS tend to have more modders, but I wanted to make my grocery getter a little more unique
Old 01-05-18, 07:40 AM
Conor09ES
Driver School Candidate

Thanks for the response ! How much did the eibach springs drop your car front and rear?
Originally Posted by es350chuck
Hey bud,

Let's see if I can help! Not too many owners of the ES tend to do any sort of modding to their cars as they prefer the "soft" premium cushy feel to their vehicles. For starters, I was in a similar position as you, wanting to get rid of the horrid wheel gap. After doing some research, I ended up grabbing a set of Eibach lowering springs meant for the Toyota Camry 07-11 models. The Camry and ES are identical platforms, so you'll have no issues with the install.

You won't need to buy struts, as you can rock the OEM struts until they go out on you eventually due to the center of gravity changing with the new spring rates. It's entirely up to you if you want to fork over the cash to replace perfectly fine struts. For me, I took baby steps started out with springs while on stocks. I liked the look of the wheel gap diminishing, but the presser for me was having the car's undercarriage slap on certain parts of the freeway or dips on the side streets. Just hearing the bottom out, was enough for me to make the next change. Whether you run into that problem or not, you certainly have another option in coil overs.

After not even having driven a month on the springs, I sold those and elected to pick up a set of BC coil overs. This is best of both worlds, I am able to adjust how low I want the car to sit and how stiff or soft I want it to be. Since making the swap I've had no regrets and ended up rocking 18" F sport wheels. Since then, I've lowered my car even more and opted to run 19" wheels. As I stated, you have a few options from springs to coils to even an air setup, which I plan to do down the road.

For more of an idea, you can see some of my pics in this thread - https://www.clublexus.com/forums/es-...right-now.html
Hope this helps and good luck with your build! Not too many people do anything really to their ES as the GS and IS tend to have more modders, but I wanted to make my grocery getter a little more unique
Old 01-05-18, 08:02 AM
es350chuck
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by Conor09ES
Thanks for the response ! How much did the eibach springs drop your car front and rear?

I believe it was about 1.5" all the way around. No more than 2. You should be able to fit 19s but will definitely need to do some slight rolling or pulling of the fenders deepening on the width of your wheels. I rub slightly so I will be installing my camber bolts. Current wheel specs are 19x9 +25 235/35/19
The following users liked this post:
Conor09ES (01-05-18)
Old 01-05-18, 09:33 AM
Conor09ES
Driver School Candidate

I know the front is like half an inch maybe an inch lower than the back from the factory, so I'm definitely looking to get rid of the rake our es350s have. For the future maybe next summer I plan on running 19x8 OR 19x8.5 wheels +35 with 235 35 19 or something similar.
Old 01-05-18, 10:23 AM
es350chuck
Pit Crew

Good luck brotha, would love to see the progress of your build!
Old 07-11-19, 05:05 PM
Conor09ES
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by es350chuck
Good luck brotha, would love to see the progress of your build!

Finally ordered a set of coilovers for the car. Went with Megan Racing Street series for 07-11 Camry. Adjustable camber mounts for the front, My question is , what else do I need to adjust the rear camber? Very anxious to get these shipped and on the car! Will most definitely post pics of the drop.
Old 07-13-19, 10:15 AM
Conor09ES
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Conor09ES
Finally ordered a set of coilovers for the car. Went with Megan Racing Street series for 07-11 Camry. Adjustable camber mounts for the front, My question is , what else do I need to adjust the rear camber? Very anxious to get these shipped and on the car! Will most definitely post pics of the drop.
Also just found a great deal on a used set of Rohana RC7. 19x8.5 et35. Waiting on tires, lug nuts and hub centric rings and they’ll be on the car.