ES - 5th Gen (2007-2012) Discussion topics related to 2007+ ES350

Vsc

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-18, 06:48 AM
Orion7
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Vsc

My vsc warning has come on ,the car can only go 20kms top speed ,any help available ,, Thanks Sandy
Old 06-08-18, 09:20 AM
nevernu
Instructor

Received 112 Likes on 100 Posts

check the codes for more detail
Old 06-08-18, 01:55 PM
Orion7
Driver School Candidate

When you say check codes , do you mean with my own code reader or take it in to lexus and have them do it,,thanks I have a code reader it worked on my mazda not sure if it will work on the lexus ,not sure if the lexus has the same connection port. have to check.
Old 06-08-18, 02:02 PM
Orion7
Driver School Candidate

I have the innova 3100 diagnostic tool
Old 06-08-18, 02:05 PM
MedicalDoc
Lead Lap

Received 43 Likes on 37 Posts

Orion7,
If u have to ask those questions and/or have those doubts, it is best to take it to a pro.
Old 06-08-18, 04:24 PM
oldgrump
Pole Position

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Your car has an issue that is serious enough for the ECM to put the car in "limp-home" mode. I would not drive it any further until you deal with the problem. Your Innova 3100 is an OBD II scanner that is capable of checking for the engine fault codes (the basic ones, at least). That would be the first thing that you could do. Anything done to the car recently?
Old 06-08-18, 05:52 PM
Orion7
Driver School Candidate

what does a doc know about cars
Old 06-08-18, 06:07 PM
Orion7
Driver School Candidate

the only things I did was take out battery and adjust the air filter cover(the air filter cover was loose so I dismantled it and put it back together) ----------the battery had to be taken out because it was drained or so it seemed ,I took battery out of my Malibu and tried to start but nothing ,so phoned CAA(road side assistance)in Canada) to boost it and nothing ,I put original back in and bought a new battery charger and boosted it and it started fine.
Old 06-11-18, 01:50 AM
chuyrobles
Instructor

Received 246 Likes on 195 Posts

My wife called me about almost identical situation. VSC light came on and car would not accelerate. She turned the car off and back on, and it ran normal, but VSC light remained on. I also have an Inova, don't know which model, and it identified a bad ignition coil for #6 cylinder. This was the 2nd bad coil. The first time, the VSC light came on but car never ran rough. If your Mazda is 1996 or after, it will have same OBDII port; however different communication protocols existed in the early years. But your Inova may be programmed to read most if not all of them.
http://www.obdii.com/connector.html
Old 06-12-18, 05:18 AM
Orion7
Driver School Candidate

Thank you chuyribles, I phoned the lexus dealer and they said it could be the coils also and some other things the may be the problem . I'm still working on the code reader scenario for this car .I looked under the steering wheel and the port looks to be different than my( INNOVA 3100) diagnostic tool, so may have to figure out another option.Can you find out what innova tool that you have its written right on the scanner you cant miss it.So how did you repair the coil the first time that you had the problem if you don't mind me asking.I didn't notice any problem with the car, it just happened overnight so it seems .The car seemed to drive ok although I have no way of knowing, not sure how car was before the coil may have acted up.
Old 06-12-18, 05:52 AM
Orion7
Driver School Candidate

well I hooked up the diagnostic tool and the code says P2118 Trottle Actuator Control maybe I didn't hook it up when I was monkeying around with the air filter housing.Hope its that simple.If anyone knows where its located would appreciate if you could let me know .thanks Alex
Old 06-12-18, 08:27 AM
oldgrump
Pole Position

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

That's why the ECM has put the car in limp-home mode. Check that the harness connector at the TB is fully pushed home.
Old 06-12-18, 10:02 AM
Orion7
Driver School Candidate

Thanks Grumpy for advice,I dismantled the air filter housing nothing looks out of place visually ,still have to play around see if I can discover anything unusual .Not sure if something messed up when removed battery to try another battery to start car.The harness connector that your referring to does it connect to the air filter housing ,its the only one I think I disconnected besides some hoses.
Old 06-12-18, 10:30 AM
Orion7
Driver School Candidate

I was just watching a you tube vid about cleaning a throttle body the guy said not to push the throttle flap in which I did he said it could damage something,hope not,I was pushing itt to see how dirty it looked,I have done this on my previous cars .So the saga continues
Old 06-12-18, 01:48 PM
ESh
Lead Lap

Received 1,010 Likes on 759 Posts

You can’t damage anything so don’t worry.

Quick Reply: Vsc