ES - 5th Gen (2007-2012) Discussion topics related to 2007+ ES350

Lexus ES 350 Wheels & Tires

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-18, 02:51 PM
Zereldo
Driver

Received 28 Likes on 24 Posts
Question Lexus ES 350 Wheels & Tires

I recently purchased a 2010 Lexus ES 350 as a winter vehicle, that came with after market 17" replica MAG wheels that I'm not a big fan of. Since it is a winter vehicle, I'm not looking to invest a lot into purchasing a set of OEM Lexus ES wheels. That said, my summer vehicle, which is a 2015 Jaguar XFS Supercharged came with a spare set of winter wheels (8.5J x 19") bolt pattern 5x108.

I understand that Lexus/Toyota bolt patters are 5x114.3 and I can not fit Jaguar rims on it absent wheel adapters; however, as far as (8.5x19") measurement is concerned, will they fit absent interference with fender liners and suspension components? I'd be looking at a (255/45/19) tire size, though may shop around for a thinner/narrower tire given current tire size+rim will interfere.

Lastly, I may not use them as winter wheel and mount them during summer time as I plan on using the Lexus year around due to its shear comfort and excellent fuel economy as opposed to the harsh ride and less than ideal fuel consumption of the Jaguar.

For those who have any knowledge regarding wheel spacers and adapter, feel free to share your thoughts as I've never used them previously and have only heard negative points like it causing safety issues, putting strain on the drive line, suspension and so on.

Any advice and help would be appreciated,

Cheers!

Here are some example images of the wheel for better judgement.

Example

Example

Actual

Actual

Old 10-22-18, 08:35 PM
ellocovg
Advanced

Received 204 Likes on 134 Posts

Originally Posted by Zereldo
I recently purchased a 2010 Lexus ES 350 as a winter vehicle, that came with after market 17" replica MAG wheels that I'm not a big fan of. Since it is a winter vehicle, I'm not looking to invest a lot into purchasing a set of OEM Lexus ES wheels. That said, my summer vehicle, which is a 2015 Jaguar XFS Supercharged came with a spare set of winter wheels (8.5J x 19") bolt pattern 5x108.

I understand that Lexus/Toyota bolt patters are 5x114.3 and I can not fit Jaguar rims on it absent wheel adapters; however, as far as (8.5x19") measurement is concerned, will they fit absent interference with fender liners and suspension components? I'd be looking at a (255/45/19) tire size, though may shop around for a thinner/narrower tire given current tire size+rim will interfere.

Lastly, I may not use them as winter wheel and mount them during summer time as I plan on using the Lexus year around due to its shear comfort and excellent fuel economy as opposed to the harsh ride and less than ideal fuel consumption of the Jaguar.

For those who have any knowledge regarding wheel spacers and adapter, feel free to share your thoughts as I've never used them previously and have only heard negative points like it causing safety issues, putting strain on the drive line, suspension and so on.

Any advice and help would be appreciated,

Cheers!

Here are some example images of the wheel for better judgement.

Example

Example

Actual

Actual
Nice you ended up getting it love that color. Honestly I don’t think it’s worth it to try and adapt them. Going back to car club high school days nothing good ever came from the stress caused by adapter plates. They are nice wheels though. My advice would be to sell them and buy some Lexus or Toyota wheels with the money that are OEM size. No point in adding stress to a suspension system that’s already a few years old, before you know it your “cheap” winter car won’t be so cheap anymore.
Old 10-22-18, 09:31 PM
Zereldo
Driver

Originally Posted by ellocovg

Nice you ended up getting it love that color. Honestly I don’t think it’s worth it to try and adapt them. Going back to car club high school days nothing good ever came from the stress caused by adapter plates. They are nice wheels though. My advice would be to sell them and buy some Lexus or Toyota wheels with the money that are OEM size. No point in adding stress to a suspension system that’s already a few years old, before you know it your “cheap” winter car won’t be so cheap anymore.
Thank you! I wasnt a huge fan of the spec Gold on beige but its different than all the cars I've owned in the past (dark paint on dark interior).

I tried selling them at one point, but quickly realized that the market for used Jaguar wheels is almost non existent. People that did show interest didn't want to pay over $1k as opposed all the used Lexus/Toyota rims I looked up selling for $1.5 to 2K. I had the spare rims polished and ceramic coated and don't think I'll get 1/4th what they're worth as retail. But yea, never heard anything good about wheel adapters, it's a shame...would love to use these on the Lexus.

By the time I'm done having the car go through scheduled and preventative maintenance plus paying $1.5k having the car detailed, paint corrected and ceramic coated, I will have invested about 2-2.5k into what should've been a seasonal commuter. I'm terrible at refraining myself from spending on cars. RIP
Old 10-22-18, 10:10 PM
ellocovg
Advanced

Received 204 Likes on 134 Posts

Originally Posted by Zereldo
Thank you! I wasnt a huge fan of the spec Gold on beige but its different than all the cars I've owned in the past (dark paint on dark interior).

I tried selling them at one point, but quickly realized that the market for used Jaguar wheels is almost non existent. People that did show interest didn't want to pay over $1k as opposed all the used Lexus/Toyota rims I looked up selling for $1.5 to 2K. I had the spare rims polished and ceramic coated and don't think I'll get 1/4th what they're worth as retail. But yea, never heard anything good about wheel adapters, it's a shame...would love to use these on the Lexus.

By the time I'm done having the car go through scheduled and preventative maintenance plus paying $1.5k having the car detailed, paint corrected and ceramic coated, I will have invested about 2-2.5k into what should've been a seasonal commuter. I'm terrible at refraining myself from spending on cars. RIP

i hear you but with wheels your lucky if you get half of what you paid for them when you resell them. Get some cheap Camry wheels you don’t need 2k wheels. My favorite wheels for the ES is the factory 2010 wheels I wish I could find a decently priced set.
Old 10-24-18, 07:35 AM
John U
Intermediate

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Tire Rack offers snow tire with wheel combo's starting at $800 delivered to Michigan. You can add better wheels etc.
Do you have a friend "over the border" you can have them delivered to and leave your summer tires with?

https://www.tirerack.com/snow/preferredpackages.jsp

Here you can pick a 17" snowtire and then add a wheel to the package
https://www.tirerack.com/snow/WinterTireCompare.jsp?minLoad=S&sortSize=17&snowSortCode=12419&autoYear=2010&autoMake=Lexus&autoModel=ES+350&autoModClar=&winterType=A&startIndex=0&performance=W&search=true

Kinda fun. Here's 17" with steel wheels and tire sensors. buy a hub cap you like from your local car parts store.
https://www.tirerack.com/cart/HoldingArea.jsp

Last edited by John U; 10-24-18 at 07:41 AM.
Old 10-25-18, 09:27 PM
Zereldo
Driver

Originally Posted by John U
Tire Rack offers snow tire with wheel combo's starting at $800 delivered to Michigan. You can add better wheels etc.
Do you have a friend "over the border" you can have them delivered to and leave your summer tires with?

https://www.tirerack.com/snow/preferredpackages.jsp

Here you can pick a 17" snowtire and then add a wheel to the package
https://www.tirerack.com/snow/Winter...=W&search=true

Kinda fun. Here's 17" with steel wheels and tire sensors. buy a hub cap you like from your local car parts store.
https://www.tirerack.com/cart/HoldingArea.jsp
Hey John, Thanks for the response and the helpful links. I'm not looking to purchase aftermarket rims, in turn I prefer OEM rims though they are hard to come by in decent shape or reasonable price. The current rims have a set of snow tires on them that should last me the season easily. Wanting to upgrade to the 19" is solely because I have a set laying around that could enhance the look of the Lexus. I'm still looking into some solid set up that would allow me to use the 19" wheels; if not, I'll just wait for a good set of OEM lexus rims to pop up for under $1k mark.
Old 10-26-18, 06:58 AM
John U
Intermediate

Watch ebay: Again, if you have a connection in the states to ship these to.....
https://www.ebay.com/itm/07-08-09-Le...JIJ:rk:27:pf:0
Old 10-28-18, 01:40 AM
Zereldo
Driver

Originally Posted by John U
Watch ebay: Again, if you have a connection in the states to ship these to.....
https://www.ebay.com/itm/07-08-09-Le...JIJ:rk:27:pf:0
These appear to be in pretty rough shape..I have friends in Michigan and New York, but I prefer putting a set of used wheels through road force test before I buy them. Have dealt with bent wheels that dont appear so upon visual inspection.

I found these : https://www.kijiji.ca/v-tires-rims/k...ationFlag=true
Owner says one needs repair, seeing how cheap they are, i could just buy the set and replace the damaged one with a brand new one from dealership or new Via e bay.
Old 10-28-18, 06:32 AM
John U
Intermediate

There you go!
Don't loose sight the narrower snow tires are preferred over wider ones.
Old 11-27-18, 04:37 AM
Zereldo
Driver

I ended up picking up a set of OEM Toyota Venza 20" Rims for summer use.

Product: Wheel/Rim
Material: Aluminum
Style: 5 Spoke
Finish: Powder Coat Hyper Silver
Size: 20x7.5
Lugs: 5
Bolt Pattern: 4.5 Inch
Offset: 35mm
OE Part Number: 426110T010, 4261A0T020

A brief search showed the 2010 Lexus OEM Rim is a 17" by 7 with a 45mm Offset compared to these Venza rims that are 20" by 7.5 with a 35mm offset. I am under the impression that rim will fit w/o needing to modify the current suspension and brake setup or adding any spacers according to another member that managed to fit his. (let me know if you think otherwise)

Question is, the rims come with 245/50 R20 Pirelli tires that are in excellent shape and ones I would aim to keep given they fit. I do like how the car will look with Factory 20" Toyota/Lexus rims though don't want to sacrifice the ride quality which is the main reason I even considered daily driving it through all seasons. Would anyone recommend a different tire size as these might not fight w/o rubbing, or do you reckon they might just clear?

Example image of Venza rims on a Toyota Camry and Lexus ES 350 (Same gen)

Last edited by Zereldo; 11-27-18 at 04:41 AM.
Old 11-27-18, 07:55 AM
John U
Intermediate

Very Sweet!
Old 12-07-18, 08:21 PM
es350chuck
Pit Crew

Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts

Here’s some thought starters for you, I know you’re looking for wheels closer to OEM specs, but here to let you know the ES can still maintain its ride quality and comfort even going after market wheels. I’m rocking 19x9 wheels and looking to go wider.

​​​​​​
Old 12-09-18, 08:42 AM
John U
Intermediate

Both look great!
Old 12-09-18, 08:56 AM
Zereldo
Driver

Originally Posted by es350chuck
Here’s some thought starters for you, I know you’re looking for wheels closer to OEM specs, but here to let you know the ES can still maintain its ride quality and comfort even going after market wheels. I’m rocking 19x9 wheels and looking to go wider.

​​​​​​
Thanks for your response! I reckon there are many good quality aftermarket wheels available, though I have always preferred wheels thats originally came on a vehicle from factory, that is not to say one should stick to wheels originally came on their car. In my case I purchased wheels off of a Toyota Venza to mount on my ES 350, and currently have Jaguar F-Type wheels on my Jaguar XFS.

the Venza wheels are in a little rough shape and need to be powder coated to factory silver as I picture it would best compliment the chrome accents and Gold paint. But for the price I paid for them ($400 CAD) + $450 it will cost for powder coating, its a sweet deal.

BTW, the wheels in the bottom two pictures look neat! What other modifications have you done to your ES aside from the obvious tint/bodykit and coilovers?
Old 12-12-18, 07:20 AM
ThumperPup
Racer

Received 68 Likes on 61 Posts

i didnt want to make a newpost for this but hope the OP does not think im trying to highjack there post
can you run our ES models with a wider tire in the rear ? reason im asking this is its time to put my winter tires back on the car and well i go to get them out of storage and a rat chewed holes in one of the 4 tires i had left over
im only going to be living in my current state for just this one last winter
and then moving south to where the weather is never cold enough for ice or snow
i dont want to spend 440 dollars to buy 2 new tires so that they both have the same tread and i cant find any used bridgestone blizzak in the current tire size
215 55 17
however im wondering i looked for somehting a bit wider would that be safen and work ? if so what size could i look for
i know used tires im thinking id probably be abl to find them around 75-100 each and even if they are at half the tread of new that would be fine cause i wont need them for any more than one season
so would this be safe and ok to do and if so
should i go with a 225 ? if not what size should i get ? or if i dont go wider can i safly go with a llower or high profile then a 55 ? would a 45 or 50 or 60 or 65 be ok for the rear ? if i stayed with a 215 ?

Quick Reply: Lexus ES 350 Wheels & Tires