ES - 5th Gen (2007-2012) Discussion topics related to 2007+ ES350

ES350 Fog Light and Headlights

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-19, 12:11 PM
alexis31
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ES350 Fog Light and Headlights

I I currently have a 2007 ES350 and I love it never been happier. I do have HIDS on my headlights and want to now change my fog lights (which are halogens/yellow currently) to an LED

As anyone does this ? If so what fog light bulbs were used ?

Also I recently had to get new HID bulbs for my low beams on the right passenger side. Was coming on then going out. I’m going to be putting the new ones in this weekend but do I need to get high beams too ? For the right side I noticed it was coming on either when the passenger side burnt out

Old 10-31-19, 11:14 PM
NoirWaves
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I use
these models. these models.
But
the newer models the newer models
are adjustable 360 degrees.
This is my ride.

I've had the cheaper models since December and are still serving me well. Be warned its quite difficult to change the fog lights. Its easy to get them out. But lining up the proper nudges on the 9006 model is kinda hard. You will get it eventually.

High beams? Our model has the high beams doing double duty as a DRL light. You need a switchback LED like Morimotos. Because if you just install LED's then they will not magically glow brighter for high beams. However, its very expensive. Maybe wait for a 3rd party to create one.
Also that website ? Bulbfacts reviews plenty of LEDs. I've trusted them and I bought the Techmax and Katana LEDS thanks to them and I've been happy with the results.
Old 11-01-19, 06:01 AM
mrsteve7
Driver

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by alexis31
Also I recently had to get new HID bulbs for my low beams on the right passenger side. Was coming on then going out. I’m going to be putting the new ones in this weekend but do I need to get high beams too ? For the right side I noticed it was coming on either when the passenger side burnt out
So are you saying when the (passenger-side) HID headlight doesn't illuminate, the (passenger-side) halogen high beam also does not illuminate?
Old 11-01-19, 08:13 AM
mrsteve7
Driver

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

As a long-time owner of VW and Audi, I've been happy with lighting products from deAutoKey.com whom specialize in German makes.

They offer, which I've not seen elsewhere, the 9006 fog LED that's switchable from white -> yellow -> halogen in the color spectrum by simply toggling the fog light switch on/off.
Had them in my VW CC for years along with their interior LEDs that never let me down, and have now purchased a set for my 2011 ES.

Clean white 5500k
Hyper yellow 3000k
Halogen color 4300k

They also have a five-way that introduces two modes of strobe/flash which I didn't opt for, or just plain white or yellow if single color is desired.
They're not cheap but worth the price in quality, they offer a lifetime warranty on LEDs, and I can attest their customer service is excellent.
Be sure to select the 9006 for our cars if you opt to purchase.

https://deautokey.com/product/dual-c...low-at-anytime

I see they're mentioned as the top performing LED kit for reflectors on bulbfacts.com whose website I just learned of today (thanks NoirWaves)

Last edited by mrsteve7; 11-01-19 at 08:16 AM.
Old 11-01-19, 02:09 PM
alexis31
Driver School Candidate

Yes but my high beam lights aren’t halogen their HID as well. My fog lights are halogen though

Originally Posted by mrsteve7
So are you saying when the (passenger-side) HID headlight doesn't illuminate, the (passenger-side) halogen high beam also does not illuminate?
Old 11-01-19, 02:13 PM
alexis31
Driver School Candidate

Thank you this helped a lot !
Love the ride by the way Putting on any rims ?

Originally Posted by NoirWaves
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TXEJVCIsCaA

I use these models. But the newer models are adjustable 360 degrees.
This is my ride.

I've had the cheaper models since December and are still serving me well. Be warned its quite difficult to change the fog lights. Its easy to get them out. But lining up the proper nudges on the 9006 model is kinda hard. You will get it eventually.

High beams? Our model has the high beams doing double duty as a DRL light. You need a switchback LED like Morimotos. Because if you just install LED's then they will not magically glow brighter for high beams. However, its very expensive. Maybe wait for a 3rd party to create one.
Also that website ? Bulbfacts reviews plenty of LEDs. I've trusted them and I bought the Techmax and Katana LEDS thanks to them and I've been happy with the results.
Old 02-11-22, 11:49 AM
Daequis
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by NoirWaves
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TXEJVCIsCaA

I use these models. But the newer models are adjustable 360 degrees.
This is my ride.

I have a 07 es350 but I don't kno whether I need HID fog light bulbs or LED fog light bulbs
Old 02-13-22, 07:26 AM
Clutchless
Forum Moderator

Received 1,211 Likes on 1,035 Posts

Look around here and read more of the forum on fog lights.

​​​​​​https://www.xenondepot.com/