ES - 5th Gen (2007-2012) Discussion topics related to 2007+ ES350

Suddenly Getting Three Codes C1201,P2197,P0174

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-20 | 08:40 AM
omerrkhann
Driver School Candidate

Default Suddenly Getting Three Codes C1201,P2197,P0174

Hi Friends,

while I began driving , the weather was on 45, the engine was cold, i suddenly got Check VSC message with traction orange light, Warning Red Color Sign and Check Engine light, when i went to advance auto parts, they gave me following codes

C1201,P2197,P0174

For your kind information: I had an accident from front that i got fixed last week, the parts i had to replace were Hood, enforcement, energy absorber, front bumper assembly, lights, condensor, radiator, smog sensor (USED), horns(used), and Right fender liner. the engine cover I have not replaced yet. however the car remained parked in collision center for three weeks before they fixed it. but since i got the car i have driven it more than 300 miles after which i got Check VSC message with traction orange light, Warning Red Color Sign and Check Engine light.

and yes i got front headlights replaced to halogen earlier they were HID, so body man had to change connectors using original harness lines.

looking for help and some DIY guidance. i am worried because of three codes together.

Old 02-28-20 | 02:24 PM
jagtoes
Racer

Originally Posted by omerrkhann
Hi Friends,

while I began driving , the weather was on 45, the engine was cold, i suddenly got Check VSC message with traction orange light, Warning Red Color Sign and Check Engine light, when i went to advance auto parts, they gave me following codes

C1201,P2197,P0174

For your kind information: I had an accident from front that i got fixed last week, the parts i had to replace were Hood, enforcement, energy absorber, front bumper assembly, lights, condensor, radiator, smog sensor (USED), horns(used), and Right fender liner. the engine cover I have not replaced yet. however the car remained parked in collision center for three weeks before they fixed it. but since i got the car i have driven it more than 300 miles after which i got Check VSC message with traction orange light, Warning Red Color Sign and Check Engine light.

and yes i got front headlights replaced to halogen earlier they were HID, so body man had to change connectors using original harness lines.

looking for help and some DIY guidance. i am worried because of three codes together.
Unfortunately in many cases after a repair was made something comes up because of the way the repair was done. I would go back to the repair place and ask them to re-look at what was done and see if they missed something. To much of a coincidence that the codes show up shortly after a major repair was made.
Old 02-28-20 | 06:26 PM
Chris03218
Driver

Hi Friends,

C1201,P2197,P0174

Two of the three are a lean condition and the c code is for your fuel ibjection. Check for any lose connections under the hood. The o2 sensors may be going bad which I think could trigger the c code

​​
The following users liked this post:
omerrkhann (02-29-20)
Old 02-29-20 | 07:30 AM
omerrkhann
Driver School Candidate

I am going to check for lose connections today, after which i am gonna reset and will update here.. however yesterday I just reset, car ran 35 miles fine withouth any check engine light, however, today's morning, i drove on high speed and it popped up check engine light and check VSC sign again... it gave me an idea that something is not supporting on high speed...
Old 02-29-20 | 07:31 AM
Chris03218
Driver

I am going to check for lose connections today, after which i am gonna reset and will update here.. however yesterday I just reset, car ran 35 miles fine withouth any check engine light, however, today's morning, i drove on high speed and it popped up check engine light and check VSC sign again... it gave me an idea that something is not supporting on high speed...

Some codes need to meet certain conditions before it goes off and a certain amount of key cycles.
Old 02-29-20 | 07:34 AM
Chris03218
Driver

There's a good chance one of your o2 sensors may be bad. Bank 2 sensor 1 most likely
Old 02-29-20 | 08:20 AM
omerrkhann
Driver School Candidate

Hi, what lose points should I check ?
and how to identify that which o2 sensor is bad ?
and finally whats the location of driver side o2 sensor ?
Old 02-29-20 | 08:41 AM
Chris03218
Driver

Hi, what lose points should I check ?
and how to identify that which o2 sensor is bad ?
and finally whats the location of driver side o2 sensor ?

Old 03-01-20 | 07:24 AM
ESh
Lead Lap

I think it is the front O2 sensor wiring.
Old 03-02-20 | 07:06 PM
omerrkhann
Driver School Candidate

Exclamation

hi friends,

I examined myself and found out that inlet Air Cleaner, (17752-31020) is lose and also there is gap in between intake line and inlet air cleaner (1775231020) although the car is in good shape since it was fixed last week , the hood is locking fine everything is aligned, i dont know why this OEM part is having gap between intake line, I am attaching the picture that will show the gap. also it is not fitting with inlet duct face line which is underneath of it. does this leak popup check engine light with CHECK VSC alert.. I remember last year when i changed the intake manifold gaskit and i forgot to put one of intake thin pipe that goes through sensor to intake that caused same CHECK VSC and check engine light issue and i only plugged it back and reset i didnt face any issues. i am wondering that if intake line leaks can cause check engine light and CHECK VSC alert too..

Old 03-03-20 | 01:44 AM
ESh
Lead Lap

That gap has nothing to do with the CEL.
Old 03-03-20 | 03:12 PM
omerrkhann
Driver School Candidate

would you explain why ?

let me get it fixed I will test and updated but meanwhile kindly explain why does this gap have nothing to do with the CEL
Old 03-04-20 | 02:37 AM
ESh
Lead Lap

It is important to not have any gaps after the MAF sensor, but because this is in front of the MAF then it will not do any harm.

Can you take a picture of the front O2 sensor/wiring?
Old 03-06-20 | 02:32 PM
omerrkhann
Driver School Candidate

while trying to remove the mentioned gaps in the picture i have found that intake cover is broken.. secondly mechanic is saying since it was hit from front u also change intake manifold gasket he is saying broken intake cover wont alert the check engine light. but i doubt that there are clear air leak points in broken air intake cover... what do you think should i do...

I will take picture of 02 sensor / wiring too
Old 03-06-20 | 04:58 PM
ESh
Lead Lap

Take some pictures of the intake too.

Quick Reply: Suddenly Getting Three Codes C1201,P2197,P0174