ES - 5th Gen (2007-2012) Discussion topics related to 2007+ ES350

Headlight Lenses

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-20 | 09:14 AM
wpbmed
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Headlight Lenses

Want to change the clear lenses on the headlight assemblies, not the whole assembly itself, just the lenses. Does anyone know of a manufacturer who sells just the lenses?

thanks
Old 05-03-20 | 09:18 AM
Clutchless

Received 1,214 Likes on 1,038 Posts

They are complete assemblies. You cannot just change the lens and there is no such thing as a separate lens.
What is wrong with a clear lens that allows for a bright headlight? Most folks just change to a different headlight bulb to get a whiter or bluer light.
There are many used, new OEM and aftermarket headlight assemblies available on eBay and other online auto parts places.
Old 05-03-20 | 09:23 AM
Hayk
Lead Lap

Received 296 Likes on 233 Posts

Originally Posted by Clutchless
They are complete assemblies. You cannot just change the lens and there is no such thing as a separate lens.
What is wrong with a clear lens that allows for a bright headlight? Most folks just change to a different headlight bulb to get a whiter or bluer light.
There are many used, new OEM and aftermarket headlight assemblies available on eBay and other online auto parts places.
Its very likely the lens is hazed up from UV damage. Some manufacturers actually offer the the lens separately for Mercedes and BMW, in which case you may have to bake the headlight assembly open to reseal the lens. I dont know if such options exist for the ES.
Old 05-03-20 | 09:27 AM
Clutchless

If your lenses are fogged you need new headlight assemblies as the fogging is due to water infiltration and you thus have a crack or bad seal.
If they are just hazed from age and UV damage you can try one of the many headlight restoration kits available.
Old 05-04-20 | 12:34 PM
wpbmed
Driver School Candidate

You can change the lenses, I have done it on my Mercedes and there are whole you tube channels dedicated to doing it on other cars. The lens comes off the assembly, it's only held on by a silicone like sealant. I bought new lenses for my E class Mercedes and changed them out, makes the whole front end look brand new. It is a much nice look than just polishing the head lights.

Once again, if anyone comes across a site with lenses for our cars, I would greatly appreciate if you let me know. Thanks gentlemen.
Old 05-04-20 | 08:12 PM
NoirWaves
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

There are none. The people that buy these vehicles do not modify it and thus there isn't much of a market it. Honestly you should just use a headlight restoration kit and get a 2k clear coat spray on them.
Old 05-05-20 | 08:54 AM
wpbmed
Driver School Candidate

I have, it's not the same. On my other cars, the new lenses look amazing compared to doing a restore. The problem is the yellowing and isn't only just on the outside, but the inside of the lenses also. And you're wrong about people not doing this, here is website which has multiple diff lens replacements for Lexus.

http://www.headlight-headlamp.com/Le...ck-Repair.html
Old 05-05-20 | 10:50 AM
Hayk
Lead Lap

Received 296 Likes on 233 Posts

Originally Posted by wpbmed
I have, it's not the same. On my other cars, the new lenses look amazing compared to doing a restore. The problem is the yellowing and isn't only just on the outside, but the inside of the lenses also. And you're wrong about people not doing this, here is website which has multiple diff lens replacements for Lexus.

Thank you for sharing this on the forum. That’s a really cool option for people who want to restore the finish and look of their Lexus headlights. I wonder how good the fit and finish is of these lenses as I know 3rd party lights are not always quite the same as OE.
Old 05-06-20 | 04:50 AM
jagtoes
Racer

Received 56 Likes on 52 Posts

I guess I am missing the reason for this post. If you know of a company that makes these lenses then why ask if anyone knows of a company that makes them. It looks like a viable option so for those who have never considered this here is a supplier who can help. I guess I would have posted that here is a supplier who can provide us with replacement lenses for our cars.
The following users liked this post:
Clutchless (05-06-20)
Old 05-06-20 | 07:53 AM
Clutchless

I went to the linked site and it has no prices. You have to contact them with your car information and country as they are obviously overseas and their translation to English somewhat lacking.

This looks like the same company linked above but operating under a different name http://www.oemxenonshop.com/Lexus-ES...placement.html

If I recall past explanations in other forums you have to bake your headlight assemblies in the oven to loosen the adhesive that holds the lenses in place. Then clean it up and use some adhesive to install new lenses and hope all goes according to plan.

Last edited by Clutchless; 05-06-20 at 07:57 AM.
Old 05-11-20 | 04:53 AM
wpbmed
Driver School Candidate

Yes you have to bake them or heat them up, very easy to do actually, and it really makes a difference in the way your car looks. For the sarcastic reply as to me knowing a web site and asking if there is another one, I was asking if anyone knew of any other sites. The one I posted looks like some cheap one in china and I hoped maybe there was a different one. I ordered lenses on amazon for my mercedes E55 and they look like OEM, came out very nice.
Old 05-11-20 | 03:22 PM
jagtoes
Racer

Received 56 Likes on 52 Posts

Yes you have to bake them or heat them up, very easy to do actually, and it really makes a difference in the way your car looks. For the sarcastic reply as to me knowing a web site and asking if there is another one, I was asking if anyone knew of any other sites. The one I posted looks like some cheap one in china and I hoped maybe there was a different one. I ordered lenses on amazon for my mercedes E55 and they look like OEM, came out very nice.
Thank you for your response. I assume you are still looking for the low cost supplier. Good luck.
Old 05-23-20 | 09:16 AM
w84me
Intermediate

Received 83 Likes on 70 Posts

Just cleared mine up the other day in about 30 minutes, look almost new https://www.meguiars.com/professiona...cut-high-gloss

Old 07-08-20 | 05:39 PM
rickster9
Pit Crew

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Wish they hadn't used such cheap plastic