Driver School Candidate

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Removing duplicate
Old 12-21-20, 03:52 PM
Zereldo
Driver

Received 28 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by ppap
New wheels are on. Everything went smoothly.

Got all the wheels balanced, but still feel like car wanna go a little bit to the right. Didn't have this issue with summer wheels and tires. Will observe as I go. It is done for now.

Car pulling to the right is usually due to wheel alignment and not a balancing issue. I would go to a reputable alignmnet shop (Avoid Canadian Tire/ Kal Tire or other big box stores) and get balancing and alignment done.

A good powdercoating place will charge you anywhere from $400 to $600 for 17 inch wheels. There are shops that will do the entire set for $200, but they do not do any prep work and so the finish won't last. Bends are worth fixing (if they're not too bad), but cracks aren't.

I definitely prefer the 17 inch Lexus wheels. If you do find a nicer set of larger wheels (18 or 19 inch). I would keep the Lexus wheels for winter and sell the Toyota wheels. You should be able to make most of your money back. I love the colour by the way, and it appears you got a loaded ES 350 with parking sensors, wood steering and perhaps a back-up camera. Mine is as base as a 5th gen ES gets. I'm not too bothered, but it would be nice to have a backup camera, parking sensors and certain options like blind spot monitoring, and heated steering wheel which was not available on 5th gen ES.

The car looks great,

Cheers!
Old 12-21-20, 03:59 PM
Zereldo
Driver

On another note. Take the time to polish the water spots under the sideview mirror. I had both my sideview mirrors changed as the housing was cracked. The new sideview mirror assebly came with new gaskets that fits b/w the housing and the door. As the car ages, the gasket allows water to enter the housing and then it drips over time causing hard water spotting. You can purchase the gasket from Lexus relatively cheap. Once the sideview mirror housings are removed, polish the paint and remove all the water spots in order to prevent clear coat oxidations. If you notice, my car has them in the picture I shared, it has since been take care of.

Old 12-21-20, 04:28 PM
ppap
Driver School Candidate

is wheel alignment issue usually car specific or wheel specific? It gotta have to be wheels here since I didn't notice it on summer wheel & tire set.

you are right about fixing cracks, my jaguar still leaked air after getting it fixed.

I also like the color I am not usually a fan of this color tone on cars, but it being metallic really adds to the color appearance. I think it's middle one. The one after that came with two sunroofs, front and back. It does have backup camera although I kinda find it a hinderance and not so intuitive maybe have to get used to it. I just didn't wanna buy es with red color wood. Not sure if it has other things you mentioned but heated steering wheels would be nice.
Old 12-21-20, 04:31 PM
ppap
Driver School Candidate

This is gold. Thank you.

Originally Posted by Zereldo
On another note. Take the time to polish the water spots under the sideview mirror. I had both my sideview mirrors changed as the housing was cracked. The new sideview mirror assebly came with new gaskets that fits b/w the housing and the door. As the car ages, the gasket allows water to enter the housing and then it drips over time causing hard water spotting. You can purchase the gasket from Lexus relatively cheap. Once the sideview mirror housings are removed, polish the paint and remove all the water spots in order to prevent clear coat oxidations. If you notice, my car has them in the picture I shared, it has since been take care of.
Old 12-21-20, 04:40 PM
ppap
Driver School Candidate

is there a place to buy this stuff online, a website maybe or gotta goto to lexus outlet to buy that gasket.

by polishing you mean cleaning it with an eyeglass cleaning cloth or something pro? I have been thinking about car detailed after winter. Gotta keep it looking sexy

Is this putting new gasket thing can be a DIY?

Old 12-21-20, 04:44 PM
ppap
Driver School Candidate

my jaguar was gold color, this time gf made sure I didn't get gold color lol.

I found some images from this past summer.
They're OEM Camry wheels from the new XSE trim. I'm not a huge fan of how they look, especially on a gold Lexus. Planning on getting them powdercoated in hypersilver and perhaps some high quality spacers for a more flush fit.
Old 12-21-20, 04:50 PM
Zereldo
Driver

my jaguar was gold color, this time gf made sure I didn't get gold color lol.
Not a fan of gold myself, Toyota Lexus Startfire pearl is the best paint they offer IMO.
Old 12-21-20, 04:58 PM
Zereldo
Driver

is there a place to buy this stuff online, a website maybe or gotta goto to lexus outlet to buy that gasket.

by polishing you mean cleaning it with an eyeglass cleaning cloth or something pro? I have been thinking about car detailed after winter. Gotta keep it looking sexy

Is this putting new gasket thing can be a DIY?
Its easy to change, the door card/trim has to come off. Plenty of Youtube videos showing how to replace sideview mirror housing, use that as your guide.

By polish I mean rubbing compound, paint correction polish. That in combination with rotary polisher. You may be able to hand polish it, but it will take some elbow grease. If you plan on driving to Toronto area, I'd be happy to do it for you.

For gasket, I would go to Lexus. They will be able to give you the correct part. You may have a hard time finding it online. Check ebay.
Old 12-21-20, 08:09 PM
ppap
Driver School Candidate

Thanks man appreciate it. I am sure Toronto not happening anytime soon, specially considering corona swag. I wonder what must someone do if they are to let a pro take care of this. Will my mechanic have everything or I am looking for a speciality shop? I am sure he can remove and put the gasket, I am not so sure about polishing. The way I see it he don't really take on to body work. Since you mentioned it I looked under the side mirror housing and noticed thick white deposit that has got to go.

I watched these videos and these def look like more than I want to bite on.

Its easy to change, the door card/trim has to come off. Plenty of Youtube videos showing how to replace sideview mirror housing, use that as your guide.

By polish I mean rubbing compound, paint correction polish. That in combination with rotary polisher. You may be able to hand polish it, but it will take some elbow grease. If you plan on driving to Toronto area, I'd be happy to do it for you.

For gasket, I would go to Lexus. They will be able to give you the correct part. You may have a hard time finding it online. Check ebay.
Old 12-22-20, 10:37 AM
nevernu
Instructor

Received 113 Likes on 101 Posts

FWIW I've had the door panels apart several times and it's really easy.
The following users liked this post:
ppap (12-22-20)
Old 12-22-20, 10:53 AM
ppap
Driver School Candidate

I will try that in the spring, can't get worst than what it already is since I park inside the garage all winter.

Meanwhile I will gather tools. What is the tool this guy used to unscrew the the side mirror housing? I can be handy at times if I set my mind to it, but I am certainly one of those who would drop the nut inside

Originally Posted by nevernu
FWIW I've had the door panels apart several times and it's really easy.
Old 12-22-20, 08:42 PM
ppap
Driver School Candidate

Default pulling left on left lane and right on right lane

drove the car today and realized the car doesn't pull only to right. I felt pull to the right in right lane and to the left in the left lane. In the middle lane it drove like a straight arrow. Although I would admit it wasn't all that bad, but was enough for me to notice. I am hoping for it to settle with time. I also noticed car drive very light and steering is very sensitive. For example on a bump I would feel it steer on it own.

Does anyone know what is the ideal winter tire pressure for es350? I checked mine and all tires seems to be inflated to 35-36 range. I read some where in winter you are supposed to set them high since it loses as the temperature goes down. But I still feel 35-36 to be at high end of the scale.

according to this link it is supposed to set at 30 for year 2010, doesn't say winter or summer though. Surprisingly enough it does say 35 for newer models for same size tires. Interesting.
https://tirepressure.com/lexus-es350-tire-pressure
Old 01-02-21, 07:11 PM
ppap
Driver School Candidate

So I called my local lexus dealers and two of them said they dont sell just gasket and I will have to replace the whole mirror for it. Which will cost me over 700 each.

Other tried to look for part and seems like gave me the wrong part number 8791233010 & 8791233020

Anyway I can find the correct part number for this?

Old 03-15-21, 07:43 AM
Kylisher
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dude, I am sorry, I might be mistaken, but I do not really think that those are original camry rims. They look really similar, but do you know that these are the ... let's say most standard rims, which are being counterfeit a lot, probably these are the toyota rims that were the favorites for the people that are doing it. They are really easy to be "copied". I know that, as I have bought some rims like these once, and they appeared to be "fake". Moreover, you can check the wheel offset, and in case it is almost always negative, than they are not original. In case you want to learn more about it, you can read a lot of useful things in here https://low-offset.com/workshop/unde...-wheel-offset/. They are having a lot of really useful information in there.

Last edited by Kylisher; 03-17-21 at 07:29 AM.