ES - 5th Gen (2007-2012) Discussion topics related to 2007+ ES350

Turn signal and windshield wiper controls not lit up at night??

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-21, 07:40 AM
Robeconrad
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Turn signal and windshield wiper controls not lit up at night??

Got this beauty with 120k miles on it recently and I noticed something unusual at night...

The sunroof and all the other controls located on the ceiling do not light up at night.. is that normal?

The turn signal and windshield wiper levers also do not light up at night. I can't see any of the windshield wiper settings! Doesn't seem like Lexus would do this to it's customers lol. Every other button and switch and light works in the car??

This is my first Lexus! Love it! Drives good.. shifts smooth (even got the tcm updated and tranny fluid changed). I'm having zero issues with this car. Everything works! Except these lights I think are out??
Old 01-19-21, 10:07 PM
ESh
Lead Lap

Received 973 Likes on 733 Posts

Congrats.

No lights inside them. Normal.
The following users liked this post:
Zereldo (01-20-21)
Old 01-20-21, 07:12 AM
Zereldo
Driver

Received 28 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by Robeconrad

Got this beauty with 120k miles on it recently and I noticed something unusual at night...

The sunroof and all the other controls located on the ceiling do not light up at night.. is that normal?

The turn signal and windshield wiper levers also do not light up at night. I can't see any of the windshield wiper settings! Doesn't seem like Lexus would do this to it's customers lol. Every other button and switch and light works in the car??

This is my first Lexus! Love it! Drives good.. shifts smooth (even got the tcm updated and tranny fluid changed). I'm having zero issues with this car. Everything works! Except these lights I think are out??
I hear ya, that was my complaint aswell. That said, I leave my lights in auto and don't really need them to be illuminated for using indicators.

Congratulations on your purchase, the car looks very clean. You may want to polish the headlight lens and coat it with some paint or headlight sealant. The yellowish contrast against the clean white paint is noticeable and spoils the look.