Grom Vline Vl2 review

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-21, 12:33 PM
gromaudio
Vendor

Received 159 Likes on 126 Posts

Originally Posted by pinkoos
Okay regarding the factor BT

Regarding the crash screen, that is correct, I could not get into the VLINE user interface after the crash screen. The only way is to stop driving, turn off the car and then restart the car
Got it. In such case restart the car, clean your connections as described above, make sure you only use the wireless CarPlay with the phone connected to VLine 2, do not connect to the USB CarPlay at the same time, and see how it will work.
The following users liked this post:
spaceballs (11-05-21)
Old 11-09-21, 05:14 PM
nycpigeon
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just installed my V2 in my 2014 RX 350. A couple issues - not sure if anyone else has come across them & found a fix..

1. The reverse camera doesn’t activate. It works fine in the OE interface but in the vline interface (including carplay), when I hit reverse, the screen just kind of blinks but stays on carplay.

2. Volume control & temperature control don’t show up at all. The buttons are functional but I don’t see what’s happening (what level the volume is at, what the set temperature is, etc.).

Any help appreciated!
Old 11-10-21, 11:17 AM
gromaudio
Vendor

Received 159 Likes on 126 Posts

Originally Posted by nycpigeon
I just installed my V2 in my 2014 RX 350. A couple issues - not sure if anyone else has come across them & found a fix..

1. The reverse camera doesn’t activate. It works fine in the OE interface but in the vline interface (including carplay), when I hit reverse, the screen just kind of blinks but stays on carplay.

2. Volume control & temperature control don’t show up at all. The buttons are functional but I don’t see what’s happening (what level the volume is at, what the set temperature is, etc.).

Any help appreciated!
Check if there is an update available for your unit. Connect VLine system to WiFi, then go to Settings -> System -> VLine System Updates -> Check For Updates. If you are on the latest available FW, contact our technical team at https://gromaudio.com/support.html They will help.
Old 04-28-22, 10:38 AM
MrHarris
Intermediate

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

How’s it working for everyone? Has there been any hardware or firmware changes since the last posts and issues related to those posts? Debating to buy one of these for my 2008 is250 (factory nav, no ML audio)
Old 04-28-22, 12:42 PM
dknights
Pit Crew

Received 33 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by MrHarris
How’s it working for everyone? Has there been any hardware or firmware changes since the last posts and issues related to those posts? Debating to buy one of these for my 2008 is250 (factory nav, no ML audio)
“quote” people and they will see your reply. I get emails that way, or else without checking I never know if people reply. If you already knew this I’m sorry
Old 04-28-22, 12:51 PM
pinkoos
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It's buggy, but for what it is, it works

GROM support is very helpful and very quick to reply to support requests, so that's a definite plus

I've had to downgrade mine to a firmware version that, although buggy, was usable

One of the firmware "upgrades" totally borked my setup and I wasted hours trying to get it to a usable point again

Ended up disabling wireless CarPlay and, as mentioned above, downgrading to a previous firmware version that was usable

I'm currently at a point with wired CarPlay where plugging my phone in works the first time about 60 to 70% of the time; otherwise, I have to unplug/replug again and sometimes 2 or 3 more times before it 'connects'

The other issue is button presses on my rotary dial (I don't have the touchpad model) not registering the first time; usually takes a couple depressions before the press registers
Old 04-28-22, 01:56 PM
Mike734
Driver

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Default Pretty good so far

It’s been installed on my 09 ES350 for a few months now and I’m pretty happy with it. It took a lot of help to get it to work properly. I had to jump power from the OEM power harness to the Grom
lpower harness. They can’t explain why it wasn’t plug and play but we got it working.

wireless CP works 90% of the time. When it doesn’t work I can reboot the vline and that usually fixes it. In fact, it probably would work on its own if I waited long enough. The only downside is cell phone calling is weak. People don’t like the sound quality. It could be the supplied mic. I don’t know.

all in all I really like having other maps available with voice search.