ES - 5th Gen (2007-2012) Discussion topics related to 2007+ ES350

Dealer recommended a few things any info?

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-21, 04:46 PM
loliwin55
Pit Crew

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Dealer recommended a few things any info?

Car has 220k miles the dealer recommended these things at service. Can I go up or call and ask them if these were recommended or needed? How do I know of these things are needed and how expensive would they be from a regular trusted shop ?
the car has 220 and these were recommended to the previous owner at 205k ( and the boot axle part ) what is this exactly ? Was recommended at the service before 205 as well , what is this actually recommending ? The car seems fine
205074 MILES
04/2020

Service: BOOT, DRIVE AXLE - REPLACE
Description: BOOT, DRIVE AXLE - REPLACE ~|~ ~|~,CUSTOMER DECLINED SERVICE
Service: COVER, FRONT - ENGINE TIMING - REPLACE
Description: COVER, FRONT - ENGINE TIMING - REPLACE ~|~ ~|~,CUSTOMER DECLINED SERVICE
Service: INSPECT BRAKE PADS AND/OR LININGS, ROTORS AND/OR DRUMS
Description:
Service: PERFORM COMPLIMENTARY ALIGNMENT INSPECTION
Description:
Service: PERFORM COURTESY CAR WASH
Description:
Service: PERFORM FOUR WHEEL ALIGNMENT
Description: PERFORM FOUR WHEEL ALIGNMENT ~|~ ~|~,CUSTOMER DECLINED SERVICE
Service: RACK AND PINION, STEERING - REPLACE
Description: RACK AND PINION, STEERING - REPLACE ~|~ ~|~,CUSTOMER DECLINED SERVICE
Service: REPLACE ENGINE OIL
Description:
Service: REPLACE ENGINE OIL FILTER
Description:
Service: RESET SERVICE INDICATOR
Description:
Service: ROAD TEST
Description:
Service: ROTATE TIRES
Description:
Service: SEAL, CRANKSHAFT - REAR MAIN - REPLACE
Description: SEAL, CRANKSHAFT - REAR MAIN - REPLACE ~|~ ~|~,CUSTOMER DECLINED SERVICE
Service: SERVICE - 55,000 MILES
Description: SERVICE - 55,000 MILES ~|~SERVICE - 55,000 MILES ~|~ ~|~205074 COMPLETED 55K SERVICE
Old 08-18-21, 05:51 AM
tolian21
Advanced

Received 184 Likes on 130 Posts

Are you seeing oil levels dropping? If its a small leak, maybe try high milage oil
Old 08-18-21, 08:06 AM
spaceballs
Intermediate

Received 75 Likes on 66 Posts

Rear main seal replacements tend to be very costly, as the entire transmission needs to be unbolted and removed to get to the part. Would recommend you find a good local ex-Lexus Master Mechanic and have him inspect all the all the above.

Boot axle is this thing, you may be able to visually inspect it, if it's torn then I would get it replaced as grease tends to leak and you may end up with a larger repair down the road.

Old 08-18-21, 10:11 AM
qmanman
Pit Crew

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

Definitely get under there and look at the "BOOT, DRIVE AXLE". If a boot is torn (there are 4 of them) you'll either need it replaced or you'll need new axles. I had my axles replaced at a local shop for $600.

I'm guessing those front covers are the plastic crap that's in the way of seeing the engine. If so blow it off. It there is actually a timing belt cover missing then replace it.

If you're not having issues with tires not wearing uniformly then you don't need the 4 wheel alignment.

When a rear main bearing seal is worn it will leak oil. Replacement is ideal but very expensive. You will probably save money over the long haul just adding oil when it is low.

You must understand, a stealership is in it for himself and himself only. They will take you to the cleaners if you let them. Mom had a CEL come on and it turned out a vacuum hose had come disconnected. Stealership told her she needed a $300 tune up and new $500 front struts to solve the issue. LOL I know right?

Last edited by qmanman; 08-18-21 at 10:16 AM.