ES - 5th Gen (2007-2012) Discussion topics related to 2007+ ES350

TPMS light woes - 2007 ES350

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-23, 05:03 PM
rygar
4th Gear

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default TPMS light woes - 2007 ES350

For a few years, I've had the low air pressure light on my dashboard on. I finally had 4 new tire pressure sensors installed by Costco with my last set of tires, thinking that would be the fix. However, the light was back on as soon as I left the lot. Researching a bit online, I found that the full size spare has a TPMS sensor of its own. I took a chance that maybe that was the missing piece of the puzzle and replaced it myself. I took it back to Costco so they could reset the system and add the new ID. However, they said that they were unable to successfully reprogram it. I found a few people on the forums stating the same issue, that only Lexus can reprogram the TPMS with their own equipment. So is that my only option, eat the cost of 5 sensors, take it to Lexus and pay a hefty sum for 5 new sensors plus reprogramming? I was trying to identify my options to DIY fix this, and here is where I am stuck:
  • Find out the IDs of the installed TPMS sensors and their locations
    • Who can do this?
  • Find out the IDs of the TPMS sensors currently programmed into the computer, which are likely the original IDs and not the Costco sensors, since they failed at programming it
    • Who can do this?
  • Buy clone-able sensors and match the IDs of the sensors already saved in the computer
  • Install cloned sensors in matching locations

I also read on the forums that someone successfully programmed their TPMS system with Carista. Unfortunately, I had my finger on the purchase button but found that only 2008+ ES models can access the TPMS system via Carista. Major bummer.

Are there any other options I'm missing? Are any tools/devices that are confirmed working for writing new TPMS codes on a 2007 ES? I've seen the Autel TS508 mentioned, but can't find anyone with my model that has used it successfully. I'd be ok with buying something if it's cheaper than going to the dealer or going the clone route.

Last edited by rygar; 02-05-23 at 06:45 PM.
Old 02-05-23, 06:11 PM
lexo98
Racer

Received 272 Likes on 234 Posts

I noticed it looks like you’re in CA. Where are you located?
What sensor did you put in the spare?
Old 02-05-23, 06:45 PM
rygar
4th Gear

Originally Posted by lexo98
I noticed it looks like you’re in CA. Where are you located?
What sensor did you put in the spare?
I’m in San Dimas, between LA and OC. The sensor I put in the spare was Denso. Unfortunately I have no idea what Costco put in the other 4 tires.
Old 02-05-23, 06:50 PM
lexo98
Racer

Originally Posted by rygar
I’m in San Dimas, between LA and OC. The sensor I put in the spare was Denso. Unfortunately I have no idea what Costco put in the other 4 tires.
looks like you can’t get private messages here. If you don’t mind post your phone number up for maybe 5 or 10 minutes and deleted it after I text you
Old 02-05-23, 07:13 PM
rygar
4th Gear

looks like you can’t get private messages here. If you don’t mind post your phone number up for maybe 5 or 10 minutes and deleted it after i text you
Thanks, I appreciate the help.

Last edited by rygar; 02-05-23 at 07:20 PM.
The following users liked this post:
lexo98 (02-05-23)
Old 02-06-23, 05:17 PM
rygar
4th Gear

Just wanted to give an extra thanks to @lexo98 that solved the TPMS issue. My low pressure light is off for the first time in ages. Turns out my model has a toggle under the glovebox to switch between different sets of wheels. It was toggled to set 2, which prevented the codes from uploading.
The following users liked this post:
DaveGS4 (02-06-23)
Old 05-06-24, 04:25 AM
gzmanus
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Can some one please advise , I alos have 2007 ES 350. Yesgterday had Aemerica's Tire to install 5 x pacifica tmps sensors, after installation, the light was off (they told me that they use the port to reset). I colud see they use a scanner to read the pressure. After I left the tire shop, the ligth turned back on again. I am not sure if the Tire shop knows what they are doing, they told me that they could only "try" to re-program the sensors but no gurantee. if they could not make it work, I will have to go to dealer for a solution. I tried pressing the reset button of tire sensor to make it blink slowly 3 times, but nothing helps. I apprciate your help in advance.
Old 05-06-24, 09:58 AM
June1978
Intermediate

Received 47 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by gzmanus
Can some one please advise , I alos have 2007 ES 350. Yesgterday had Aemerica's Tire to install 5 x pacifica tmps sensors, after installation, the light was off (they told me that they use the port to reset). I colud see they use a scanner to read the pressure. After I left the tire shop, the ligth turned back on again. I am not sure if the Tire shop knows what they are doing, they told me that they could only "try" to re-program the sensors but no gurantee. if they could not make it work, I will have to go to dealer for a solution. I tried pressing the reset button of tire sensor to make it blink slowly 3 times, but nothing helps. I apprciate your help in advance.
I learned the serial number of the tpms has to match the tire. Basically, it all has to to be reprogrammed. Front right- serial XXXXX.....front left- serial XXXXX

They have to make sure all the old tpms info has been cleared out and the new ones programmed in. I bet they are using a autel device to program. I tried mine and the light kept coming back. This was pep boys.

I had to go to the mechanic to have this done and even they struggled. They mentioned being near any type of tower could also interrupt the programming. They took my car to a underground garage to finally get it right.
Old 05-06-24, 10:33 AM
lexo98
Racer

If you try to press the reset light before the ECU accepts the new programmed ID’s the ECU can go into a lockdown mode and you will need a proper scan tool to take it out of closed loop. It is common for the light to come on immediately after the relearn process and not turn off until driven for a while or each sensor being rescanned to send out the sensor location to a receiver. I would take it back and let them try again. Btw where are you located?
Old 05-06-24, 06:27 PM
gzmanus
4th Gear

Hi Lexo98,
Thanks for your advice. I am located near city of industry, CA. I have done the reprogramming in america tire in city chino.
Old 05-06-24, 06:41 PM
lexo98
Racer

Hi Lexo98,
Thanks for your advice. I am located near city of industry, CA. I have done the reprogramming in america tire in city chino.
Looks like your private messages are off. If you can figure out how to turn them on send me a message
Old 05-08-24, 08:39 AM
lexo98
Racer

Hi Lexo98,
Check your PMs
Old 05-20-24, 06:45 PM
lexo98
Racer

Hi Lexo98,
My inbox is full and I haven’t emptied it yet. I don’t think those are factory new because the backing is clear and the nut provided in that kit doesn’t look oem. Also the pricing is way too cheap
Old 05-21-24, 02:08 AM
gzmanus
4th Gear

My inbox is full and I haven’t emptied it yet. I don’t think those are factory new because the backing is clear and the nut provided in that kit doesn’t look oem. Also the pricing is way too cheap
FYI, I have driven like 250 miles ever since I took my car to American Tire the last time, where they were able to input 5 different sensor ID, what they told me is that their scanner scanned duplicated IDs due to one sensor has lower battery. So far I no longer see the tire pressure light on again. I assume that It has been fixed.
Old 05-21-24, 08:31 AM
lexo98
Racer

FYI, I have driven like 250 miles ever since I took my car to American Tire the last time, where they were able to input 5 different sensor ID, what they told me is that their scanner scanned duplicated IDs due to one sensor has lower battery. So far I no longer see the tire pressure light on again. I assume that It has been fixed.
Didn’t those sensors come in a 5 pack?

Quick Reply: TPMS light woes - 2007 ES350