ES - 6th Gen (2013-2018) Discussion topics related to 2013+ ES models

Next-Gen Lexus ES (ES350 and ES300h confirmed)

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-12, 02:49 AM
GSteg
Rookie

Received 79 Likes on 61 Posts

Not really a fan of the spindle grill. To be honest, it looks like something you'd find off of a body kit.

The interior on the other hand blows away the 5ES. The 5ES interior design was a step backward from the 4ES, but it looks like they've headed in the right direction. Interior was always a strong point for Lexus, which is why I thought the 5ES was disappointing.
Old 02-23-12, 06:22 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,462 Likes on 1,615 Posts

Originally Posted by blacksc400
Why didn't they do the rear like this on the 4GS?
excellent question. guessing different teams and they wanted the gs to be more different. well it's different all right.

Originally Posted by GSteg
Not really a fan of the spindle grill. To be honest, it looks like something you'd find off of a body kit.
i think on this ES and new RX it's fairly subtle, so don't agree. on 4GS f-sport i think the front bumper is hideous and no fog lights is a joke.

The interior on the other hand blows away the 5ES. The 5ES interior design was a step backward from the 4ES, but it looks like they've headed in the right direction. Interior was always a strong point for Lexus, which is why I thought the 5ES was disappointing.
but talk about whip-sawing swings in design! 3ES nice, great wood, 4ES straight lines, 5ES with giant tear drop middle thing, and now this 6ES with layers and layers and that screen enclosure sure would seem to block forward viewing some, but it's definitely a challenge... but yes, 6ES is huge step forward over 5.
Old 02-23-12, 08:24 AM
AJL0365
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RXSF
its probably going to be in the fold down center arm rest in the back seat just like the new GS which has controls there
Well the ES is sure going up in features. I would have expected the GS to receive 3zone climate, but not the ES. Go lexus!!

Guess an option like that will only be offered in the ultra luxury selection if lexus will call it that again.
Old 02-23-12, 05:31 PM
DustinV
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by spwolf
I will say it once again, they need this in Europe. They need to sell hybrid version in Europe.
I'm not sure why you think this car should be on sale in Europe. The IS and GS aren't competitive in terms of sales. An ES, which is an in-between car, should naturally perform just as poorly.
Old 02-23-12, 06:11 PM
Hypnotik
Lead Lap

I think it looks great. Lexus vehicles have a definite family look now. It has too much of a similarity to the GS though...not a bad thing necessarily. I may have to see it in person. Are all lexus's incorporating an analog clock now?
Old 02-23-12, 06:13 PM
MX5NES350
Lead Lap

Received 100 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by Hypnotik
Are all lexus's incorporating an analog clock now?
Seems to be the way things are going. Following suit and getting rid of the digital Timex looking thing. Never cared for that but something easily ignored for the finer points of the vehicle.
Old 02-23-12, 06:48 PM
RXSF

Received 73 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by AJL0365
Well the ES is sure going up in features. I would have expected the GS to receive 3zone climate, but not the ES. Go lexus!!

Guess an option like that will only be offered in the ultra luxury selection if lexus will call it that again.
the new GS does have 3 zone. I think Lexus is really stepping it up to compete with the germans...they kind of have to
Old 02-23-12, 08:12 PM
AJL0365
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by RXSF
the new GS does have 3 zone. I think Lexus is really stepping it up to compete with the germans...they kind of have to
Does the GS have heated and cooled rear seats plus adjusting the audio from the rear? Or is it simply just adjusting the climate in the rear. I can't remember from the picture I saw. Don't feel like searching for it either.

I do know the back windows all have sunshades, think the ES will have something like that too?

Guess it too wishful thinking that they will have a massage function like the last generation and current generation LS have. Haha
Old 02-23-12, 08:25 PM
RXSF

Originally Posted by AJL0365
Does the GS have heated and cooled rear seats plus adjusting the audio from the rear? Or is it simply just adjusting the climate in the rear. I can't remember from the picture I saw. Don't feel like searching for it either.

I do know the back windows all have sunshades, think the ES will have something like that too?

Guess it too wishful thinking that they will have a massage function like the last generation and current generation LS have. Haha
The GS has optional rear heated seats but not cooled. It can control audio, climate, and window shade on the rear armrest panel
Old 02-23-12, 08:27 PM
RXSF

also for those who were talking about the fan button pictures, it was not bmw esque as someone mentioned (which uses a snow flake) but Lexus took it from Mercedes (small fan and big fan)

Old 02-24-12, 06:25 AM
GoHuskers
Racer

Received 168 Likes on 114 Posts

Will Lexus ever offer AWD in the ES?
Old 02-24-12, 06:58 AM
*Batman*
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I always felt the 4GS design looked a lot like the 2IS. It just didn't seem like a modern design to me. The F-Sport variant was better, but the standard one looks a lot like a 2IS. In fact on I-95 I came across one and at first thought it was a 2IS.

the 6ES looks new. I find the grille treatment which is integrated into the bumper, and the rear design look fresh and modern. An evolution from past Lexuses but a step change improvement. This is not the 2005 design language. I think it looks great compared with the competition (presumably Mercedes C, Buick LaCrosse, Volvo S80, Acura TL, Lincoln MKZ)
Old 02-24-12, 08:39 AM
LexBob2
Lexus Champion

Received 139 Likes on 113 Posts

Originally Posted by GoHuskers
Probably not as long as the ES is Camry based. Unless the Camry offers AWD somewhere down the road.
Old 02-24-12, 09:42 AM
BNR34
Lexus Fanatic

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by LexBob2
Probably not as long as the ES is Camry based. Unless the Camry offers AWD somewhere down the road.
I think the ES will stay FWD also since everything in this segment are mostly FWD.

Never say never though, the Camry base Venza, Highlander and RX350 all offer 4WD, so all the parts are already in the part's bin. Toyota can make a AWD Camry / ES350 if the market demands it. Remember the Camry All Trac back in the 80s?
Old 02-24-12, 09:53 AM
Joeb427
Lexus Fanatic

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by GoHuskers
I think the ES would sell a lot of AWD models because most people think AWD is so much better in snow but it still comes down to the tires.

Quick Reply: Next-Gen Lexus ES (ES350 and ES300h confirmed)