ES - 6th Gen (2013-2018) Discussion topics related to 2013+ ES models

Next-Gen Lexus ES (ES350 and ES300h confirmed)

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-12, 10:28 PM
RXSF

Received 74 Likes on 45 Posts

but the 4LS surprised a lot of people, specifically the LS hybrid.
hehe, yeah...the price blew people away!
Old 04-09-12, 10:38 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,466 Likes on 1,618 Posts

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
Lexus didn't really miss the boat with the LS at all
i didn't say it missed the boat. but if it blew people away, why did the much more expensive S-class outsell it almost 2:1 last month?

as for the world's first awd v8 hybrid, i've said many times on here that the LS600hL may well be the most technologically advanced drivetrain ever made. if that isn't praise i don't know what is. but the reality is it hasn't sold well.
Old 04-09-12, 10:39 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

it's funny how people define "blowing" people away. i like the 4ls, i even owned the damn thing. is it good? hell yeah. did it blow me away? not really. but it's good enough for me to pay for it. imho i take sales numbers as the metric of blowing people around. you can have a lot of internet junkies saying the car is god but if the car isn't selling, oh well so much about blowing people away. 4ls had strong sales the first year i think, but falls off quickly afterward. and don't even get into the part about swb sales vs lwb.

having a ls forum with people loving the car is great, but that's the norm for blowing people away? lol

either way don't want to take the wind away from the es, it's very promising. the 5ls? let's wait for it. i am sure it's going to be good given what we see here in the es. but i will say it blows ME away if it wins over s class in lwb sales years over years
Old 04-09-12, 10:46 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by bitkahuna
i didn't say it missed the boat. but if it blew people away, why did the much more expensive S-class outsell it almost 2:1 last month?
lol we posted about the same time, paul. yup, that's why for me i put sales as a metric (for me). and if we really want to talk about sales, the s is dusting the ls pretty badly. it's funny that so many times when people try to justify the higher sales numbers on 5 series (most of them 528 and 535) and e class (most of them e350) here, they conveniently miss the part that most of the LS sold are actually the cheaper swb version, which is right around 60s. whereas the s class is only available here as lwb and most of them hitting the 100k mark. even if one wants to try argue most s classes are lease, they go for 1200 or above monthly. want to take a guess how much to lease a ls460? try under 1000.

but to be fair, as i mentioned, first year sales of ls460 was very strong, but then again that has been the problem with most lexus (minus the es and rx), strong first year, and then it slips. and that's also why i said if they are able to sustain high sales compared to mb and bmw years over years? now that to me means the cars must be very good (mind blowing?)

i am patiently looking at the 4gs sales over the next 10 months, it's going to be crucial and i have my fingers crossed
Old 04-10-12, 02:54 AM
asoksevil
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Mr. Burns
Awesome video!

New ES looks so great!
Old 04-10-12, 03:54 AM
Och
Lexus Champion

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

The S-class has a lot fleet sales. This is what limo companies are now operating. I see some LS460L used as limos as well, but not nearly as much.
Old 04-10-12, 04:52 AM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 161 Likes on 119 Posts

LS sales dropped in past year or so, before it was actually outselling S class, if my memory is correct. I think current LS infoteinment is outdated and car is probably not flashy enough for todays market.

I bet all Lexus cars would sell a lot better if the had MB and BMW incentives, which are highest in the industry today.
Old 04-10-12, 07:10 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,466 Likes on 1,618 Posts

having said all this, i think most everyone here is very excited about the es and expect it to do VERY well!!!!!
Old 04-10-12, 09:28 AM
LexFather

as for the world's first awd v8 hybrid, i've said many times on here that the LS600hL may well be the most technologically advanced drivetrain ever made. if that isn't praise i don't know what is. but the reality is it hasn't sold well.
The LS 600hL initially sold like gangbusters..now its a slow seller. Also remember the LS 600hL is only to be 5% of sales and is special order only in most cases.

It may not have blown YOU away but it did blow some people away.

Originally Posted by rominl
it's funny how people define "blowing" people away. i like the 4ls, i even owned the damn thing. is it good? hell yeah. did it blow me away? not really. but it's good enough for me to pay for it. imho i take sales numbers as the metric of blowing people around. you can have a lot of internet junkies saying the car is god but if the car isn't selling, oh well so much about blowing people away. 4ls had strong sales the first year i think, but falls off quickly afterward. and don't even get into the part about swb sales vs lwb.

having a ls forum with people loving the car is great, but that's the norm for blowing people away? lol

either way don't want to take the wind away from the es, it's very promising. the 5ls? let's wait for it. i am sure it's going to be good given what we see here in the es. but i will say it blows ME away if it wins over s class in lwb sales years over years
How do we then define not blowing people away? We can't just make a blanket statement that no one was blown away when the car was very very credible. While I might agree it didn't reinvent the class it did blow many people away when it debuted. Again what blows you away might not blow someone else away and vice versa. What we do know is the LS was a very good effort and we can easily assume it did blow some people away. It if was a lackluster effort ,say HS for instance I think we all can agree it didn't blow hardly anyone away.

To the ES with the focus Lexus is showing and the responses I've seen, its "blown" people away, even the most diehard ES/Lexus haters. One thing about beauty, you can't deny it. The ES is a very very well designed car. Adding the ESh is fantastic and the interior looks great. The promise of a better drive sounds good.
Old 04-10-12, 10:08 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
The LS 600hL initially sold like gangbusters..now its a slow seller. Also remember the LS 600hL is only to be 5% of sales and is special order only in most cases.

It may not have blown YOU away but it did blow some people away.

How do we then define not blowing people away? We can't just make a blanket statement that no one was blown away when the car was very very credible. While I might agree it didn't reinvent the class it did blow many people away when it debuted. Again what blows you away might not blow someone else away and vice versa. What we do know is the LS was a very good effort and we can easily assume it did blow some people away. It if was a lackluster effort ,say HS for instance I think we all can agree it didn't blow hardly anyone away.

To the ES with the focus Lexus is showing and the responses I've seen, its "blown" people away, even the most diehard ES/Lexus haters. One thing about beauty, you can't deny it. The ES is a very very well designed car. Adding the ESh is fantastic and the interior looks great. The promise of a better drive sounds good.
actually, on the new es, i personally think it blew me away so far. the styling, the design, the features (including hybrid) are all what i have hoped for.

and yup, i guess in that sense that we can say all cars blow "some" people away, possibly including the HS but i think my point was the ls was nice, it likely "blew some people" away, and it was a big leap for lexus. tons of credits have been given there. however at the same time i think for example the s class also came in pretty strong and with quite some features we don't even see in the ls now. i always see it as a two way battle, each wins some and loses some. and customers gain
Old 04-10-12, 10:15 AM
LexFather

HS "blew" away a family member......no comment
Old 04-10-12, 10:19 AM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1,064 Likes on 586 Posts

Love the Dowtown Los Angeles "locations used"...

~ Joe Z

Last edited by Joe Z; 04-10-12 at 10:48 AM.
Old 04-10-12, 10:33 AM
LexFather

The ad Joe-Z posted states it has an all new platform?

I do have to wonder, realistically, will the traditional ES market be able to like this. Its much more stylish, they are saying it drives sportier and will they like the new dash layout/remote touch etc? It makes complete sense by Lexus has the new technology manager position now, to help customers.

ESh seems to be the ideal daily driver.
Old 04-10-12, 10:37 AM
Trexus

Received 54 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by Joe Z
Love this Dowtown Los Angeles "location"...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KkHZaK2THho

~ Joe Z
I love the ad and I used to work in downtown LA. Recognized some of those buildings...
Old 04-10-12, 10:47 AM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1,064 Likes on 586 Posts
Lightbulb

Originally Posted by Trexus
I love the ad and I used to work in downtown LA. Recognized some of those buildings...
The Building I work in and parking structure I park in, are in this video....

The most Recent RX launch video, was also shot here in Downtown LA as well..

~ Joe Z

Quick Reply: Next-Gen Lexus ES (ES350 and ES300h confirmed)