ES - 6th Gen (2013-2018) Discussion topics related to 2013+ ES models

Welcome to Club Lexus! 6th Gen ES owner roll call & introduction thread, POST HERE!

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-23, 01:36 PM
rbcoley
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2013 es350 canister purge valve location

Does anyone know where the "canister purge valve" is on a 2013 ES 350? We got a P0456 error from the check engine light & it says to replace this valve. Thanks!
Old 01-29-23, 02:55 PM
frankymenz
Pit Crew

Received 50 Likes on 37 Posts

Old 02-04-23, 01:24 PM
HughJass13
1st Gear

Default 2013 ES new to me with 32K

Hello All,

Lurker mostly with our four RX's (2004, 2008 - totaled, 2010, 2013) but after giving my 2013 w/153K to our son I needed wheels.
Just bot, from the dealership, a just traded 2013 ES350, 32K. by an older woman, garage kept with 13 or so pages of dealer maintenance records.
Matador Red w/black interior, most of the popular options (ex. auto high-beams - bummer). Beautiful car...

- Hugh
Old 03-02-23, 06:58 PM
Hungry
1st Gear

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Arrow 2016 ES350 - Ultra Luxury

Initially walked into the Lexus dealership buy a 7th Gen ES350 (2019). Of the two 7th Gens I looked at: one was Base (black interior), and the other was Premium (Flaxen interior), but I was somewhat disappointed -and ended buying a fully loaded 6th Gen ES350 instead.

I was disappointed with the 7th Gen's interior dashboard design and hated the infotainment unit that literally looks like a tablet slapped onto the dashboard with a magnet-mount; that all modern cars have seemed to have adapted.
The second point was I wasn't a fan of the over-styled/ overly-sporty and stretched exterior design, and awkward rear end. The 2019 ES350 Premium was actually only $7000 more than the 2016 ES350 Ultra Luxury that I ended up buying, but I am content with my preference.

In contrast to the 7th Gen, this pristine and fully optioned 6th Gen ES350 seemed more classically luxurious, with an interior that reminded me of sitting in a cigar lounge, or like that of a classic Jaguar.

Lexus ES350 2016
Ultra Luxury package
Satin Cashmere Metallic

Panoramic Roof
Flaxen 2-tone Leather interior
Dark Maple-wood trim
Ambient Lighting
Mark Levinson premium audio and Navigation
18" Alloy rims
Lexus Smart Safety System +
Rust proofing done
3M PPF wrapped

Pics for reference

Flaxen 2-tone interior w Dark Maple wood

Ambient Lighting

Panoramic roof: Dual sunroofs

Panoramic Roof: Dual sunroofs

Rear door sunshade-curtains

Before I settled on the ES platform, I did also consider a 2015 GS350 Luxury, as well as a 2014 LS460 F-sport; The GS rear seats had less legroom compared to the ES, and I preferred the ES's more floaty soft ride. As for the LS, I didn't want to deal w the air suspension maintenance/reliability issues down the road, and I was also surprised that the ES had almost identical legroom as the LS (SWB).

All in all, the ES platform seems to be the Goldilocks in the Lexus sedan model lineup. Not too hot, not too cold, and just right.

Last edited by Hungry; 03-02-23 at 07:21 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by Hungry:
Floridaman1979 (11-29-23), Mike728 (03-02-23)
Old 06-08-23, 05:06 PM
john2101
Pit Crew

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
Talking

2018 premier package. 26K miles, bought for 29100$ in Prescott AZ and drove to LA. Planning to change transmission and brake fluid.
Old 06-11-23, 05:45 PM
jamesp243
1st Gear

Beautiful car. Congrats.
Old 06-14-23, 04:20 PM
LexusES3502013
2nd gear

Lexus ES350, 2013: Manual unlock with key does not work. How can I verify that the key-lock is connected to the lock actuator ? (front left door/driver door)
Old 08-01-23, 09:40 PM
TotalOCD
3rd Gear

Default New to forum

Hello to all...

I recently purchased a 2014 ES350 Luxury Package that was one owner and dealer serviced for its entire life. Most miles are highway miles also. So far, I'm really liking this car. It has a great feel and very enjoyable to drive. I have a leased 2020 Ford Explorer ST which has been in the shop since May after a young driver ran a stop sign and T-boned my front wheel. The Explorer has over $24,000 damage but Geico chose not to total it. Instead of continuing renting cars, I chose to buy one to keep as a spare for when I get my Explorer back, and I'm really liking this Lexus.

So far, I've changed front brake pads to Akebono Ultra-Luxury pads as well as New OEM rotors. I've also changed the headlight HID's to Osram Advance 5500K (Great bulbs). The door puddle lights were also changed to to the bright LED type (also good). Then, just because I've always had lighted door sills in all my cars, I added those also. This was a real pain for the drivers side for the 2014 model, but it came out great.
I've found a wealth of information here on this forum and I hope I can provide any thoughts or assistance I've found also.

2014 ES350
Silver Lining Metallic
17" wheels
Non-ML
50% ceramic tint (5 window)
Central NJ
Old 08-08-23, 01:22 PM
BatmanLex
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 2014 es 350

Hi everyone. Got a friend of a friend who is selling his 14’ ES 350 with 231,522 miles (highway miles) for $7200. It looks good and been serviced regularly.

I would appreciate any opinions if this is a good deal or is it too much if a risk with that high of mileage. I know most of you have had your car for awhile or sold/traded it in, but any advice would be helpful. Thanks!
Old 08-08-23, 03:24 PM
john2101
Pit Crew

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

It depends on your priorities and the car's condition.
At that mileage, indeed, it might start needing major repairs, e.g., water pump, intake manifold gaskets, rear spark plug service, suspension work, fuel pump, possibly can develop oil consumption and transmission if not serviced regularly, could develop issues at any moment.

If you are not afraid to repair things as needed, such as if you are a mechanic, the price is good, otherwise it might be wiser to pay more but get a less (potentially) problematic car with lower mileage.
The following users liked this post:
BatmanLex (08-08-23)
Old 08-11-23, 12:00 PM
tyleres
Rookie

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Hello I recently picked up a single-owner/garaged 2015 ES300H Lux w/ 31k miles.
It's Atomic Silver with grey seats in an otherwise black interior. Nav, non-ML, non-PCS. It does have rear shade & heated steering wheel.

Original owner installed one of those (OEM?) veneer kits and had bamboo orange everywhere so that was fun to cleanup. He also had a double-pinstripe added but there's a smudge that I now need to get touched up. Also small dent in the passenger door that will need to PDR.

- I've wrapped the hideous Bamboo trim in translucent Vvivid grey vinyl to look more like the ES350 birds eye maple. Steering wheel came out kinda poorly, may get that done professionally, but it may come out cheaper to find 350 SW on ebay.
- I've programmed a 3rd party fob as my car only came with one. Still need the emergency key blade cut but I'm in no rush so I'll find a good price. $150 seems high.
- I've debadged the rear door Hybrid and ES300H tags. I would like to find front and rear emblems without the Hybrid-blue tint on it, preferably those sleek pearl black badges. Just a matter of when I want to spend the money, but I am a little concerned about removing the front bumper with those mounted sensors.
- I would like to DIY the rear door shades. I saw a GSF thread about it and I found the parts for the 6ES. Still on the fence as window tint will be much cheaper and more effective for blocking light/heat. But the cool factor!! Maybe down the line...
- I've spent too many hours researching the overpriced credit card key and finally placed an order for a model that I believe will work. Excited about that. Dealer almost cancelled because I refused to provide a VIN and had to explain that, yes, I am buying an unsupported product for my car. I'll roll with the team of Toyota drivers using Lexus card keys on this one. (edit: it works! https://www.youtube.com/shorts/t2G51Vr67gs)
- I have a set of 17x7 Enkeis with tires from my last car but I don't plan to install them until my current tires need to be replaced.
- I would loooove to get a car-act bumper kit and get the FSport or new LS style grill but that's too much money for now.
- And lastly, I would enjoy apple carplay so I am weighing my options and putting too many hours into research. Anyone have any best bets between carlinkit, lexion, grom or beatsonic?

Last edited by tyleres; 08-17-23 at 01:19 PM. Reason: Smart key worked, adding that info
Old 01-29-24, 02:50 PM
TXMD
Driver School Candidate

Default New (to us) ‘13 ES350 prem

Just got a new-to-us 2013 ES350 in satin cashmere/parchment with low miles. Believe it’s a premium trim level? Non-ML, has navi, and pretty much standard everything else.

Hoping to do a couple “lower cost” upgrades to make it a more comfortable daily. Thinking about speaker upgrade first (doors + dash corners)? Any input on this would be appreciated. Would an underseat subwoofer be noticeable enough?

Also considering doing an Apple CarPlay update? Any input on beat-sonic, merge screen, or unavi systems from those of you that have used it?

Thanks for chiming in!
Old 01-29-24, 02:55 PM
Beemer46
Rookie

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Do the speaker upgrades in dash and doors and you;ll have plenty of bass. No need for a subwoofer and to do it you may have to research but may need to add an amplifier and get rid of the stock one. Check the threads about it. I researched online and got some good speakers all around and also did the sound proofing in the doors with the Lowes self-sticking insulation. Made a huge difference insound and road noise is less
Old 01-30-24, 10:57 AM
is250916
Pit Crew

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Beemer46
Do the speaker upgrades in dash and doors and you;ll have plenty of bass. No need for a subwoofer and to do it you may have to research but may need to add an amplifier and get rid of the stock one. Check the threads about it. I researched online and got some good speakers all around and also did the sound proofing in the doors with the Lowes self-sticking insulation. Made a huge difference insound and road noise is less

I read only use 4ohm speakers?

So upgrade the side two dash speakers

Upgrade front door speaker to 6x9
Upgrade the rear door speaker

Are those sufficent?
Old 01-30-24, 02:22 PM
Beemer46
Rookie

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

I upgraded all three front speakers and did 6in front side and 6x9 rear doors. Grab a set of inexpensive auto pry tools from the stereo website as well. Makes removal of the dash grillls very easy. I liked the bass and sound of the 6 inchers better vs 6x9s

Also great video on this forum and YouTube on how to remove the door panels to do the soundproofing and speaker swaps.

Quick Reply: Welcome to Club Lexus! 6th Gen ES owner roll call & introduction thread, POST HERE!